Yak50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
wamflight(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 4:33 pm    Post subject: Yak50 Reply with quote

I need rubber seals for landing gear actuators. Anybody know where to get them? Are they the same as the 52?

Bill

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
JB Soar

Joined: 19 Apr 2019

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 4:40 pm    Post subject: Yak50 Reply with quote

John Warwick has many parts for the Yak aircraft..."The Yak Collection."
On Mon, May 6, 2024 at 7:37 PM Bill <wamflight(at)gmail.com (wamflight(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

[quote]--> Yak-List message posted by: Bill <wamflight(at)gmail.com (wamflight(at)gmail.com)>

I need rubber seals for landing gear actuators. Anybody know where to get them? Are they the same as the 52?

Bill

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
fishmouth500

Joined: 07 Apr 2015
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 5:15 pm    Post subject: Yak50 Reply with quote

Thanks JB!
Actually I’m now seller “Fishmouth500” on eBay …65 products and counting…but unfortunately… no Yak 50 main gear seals🙁

619 933-2571

On Mon, May 6, 2024 at 5:44 PM John B <jbsoar(at)gmail.com (jbsoar(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
John Warwick has many parts for the Yak aircraft..."The Yak Collection."
On Mon, May 6, 2024 at 7:37 PM Bill <wamflight(at)gmail.com (wamflight(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
--> Yak-List message posted by: Bill <wamflight(at)gmail.com (wamflight(at)gmail.com)>

I need rubber seals for landing gear actuators. Anybody know where to get them? Are they the same as the 52?

Bill
===========
List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://matronics.com/contribution
===========

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
markbitterlich(at)embarqm
Guest

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:18 pm    Post subject: Yak50 Reply with quote

They are not the same as the 52. They are "chevron" seals. Two types actually. The large one is the same as the actuator inner diameter, these are the ones that are leaking. There is also a smaller seal. Can't remember the size. It was 25 years ago.

Be aware that the left and right actuator end pieces are different. Don't mix them up. Also be aware that the end pieces do screw off, but there is a small lock screw in the end pieces that is often covered by paint. Without loosening those small lock screws, the end caps will NOT come off. Ask me how I found THAT out! Take pictures before taking apart.
Getting those actuators out (and back in) is no easy task. For ME it was easier in the end to remove the whole gear leg attached to the actuator after jacking.
Also when removing the actuator hoses, be aware of the flow restrictors that are in the fittings that will fall out never to be seen again. They are 37 degree pieces that go INSIDE of the fitting you unscrew. Don't lose these things, they are IMPORTANT!!
I think Jill at M14.com rebuilds these things or at least used to.
Good luck,
Mark
[...]

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 2:14 pm    Post subject: Yak50 Reply with quote

John-
Good evening from EGLL.  I'm at the hotel in Kensington.  There is a "Warwick Street" nearby, so you must be famous?
While I'm waiting for hoses, I'm considering some other changes to the Yak 55:  Has anyone installed "winged" Dzus fasteners on these aircraft?
Having them allows one to open the cowl doors without a screwdriver.  Maybe this isn't important?
I've got the Scott 3200 tailwheel on the 55...  Yea, it works fine.  I'm thinking about going back to the original tailwheel.  The Scott doesn't
really offer an improvement, other than allowing one to push the airplane backwards.  In the hangar, I'm better off pulling the airplane backwards,
and uphill, with the T-handle that the previous owners made...  It works with the original tailwheel.  'Turns out, so many improvements were not
improvements.  Stupid!  Optimistic!  My expectations were clouded and unreasonable!
Hose news?  We need hoses for the 55 and the 50.  'Might as well get the stuff done...
The breakfast can't buffet can't open soon enough...  7 more hours, more or less...
jb

On Mon, May 6, 2024 at 8:20 PM John Warwick <john.warwick1(at)gmail.com (john.warwick1(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

[...]

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 2:32 pm    Post subject: Yak50 Reply with quote

John-I have one spare Scott 3200 tailwheel adapter on the shelf.  'Fact, I'd go back to the original tailwheel and
sell the Scott...  It's expensive now!  3-4 grand?  'Might be the 3400?
Maybe peddle this stuff on your website, along with the Payne Aviation electronic ignition?
These airplanes are best left alone, and flown.
[...]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours