Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canopy gas strut Specifications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MEE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:23 am    Post subject: Canopy gas strut Specifications Reply with quote

Anyone know the specifications of the Canopy gas struts?
In particular their pressure rating.
I need to replace both.

Ian McClelland
15 Harvard Road
Burleigh
Blenheim 7201
NewZealand
027 389 2173

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:59 am    Post subject: Canopy gas strut Specifications Reply with quote

Hi Ian,I take my struts to Strut Power here in Christchurch. He will test them first for faulty seals and then re-gas them to the required pressure. I haven’t had to buy new ones yet.
Cheers, Tim

Sent from my iPadTim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz
021 0640221
Quote:
On 5/07/2023, at 8:32 PM, macstar1224(at)gmail.com wrote:

(at)font-face { font-family: "Cambria Math"; } (at)font-face { font-family: Calibri; } p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; } span.EmailStyle17 { font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: windowtext; } .MsoChpDefault { font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; } (at)page WordSection1 { size: 612pt 792pt; margin: 72pt; } div.WordSection1 { page: WordSection1; } <![endif]--> <![endif]-->
I need to replace both.

Ian McClelland
15 Harvard Road
Burleigh
Blenheim 7201
NewZealand
027 389 2173

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:10 am    Post subject: Canopy gas strut Specifications Reply with quote

Providing you have done Mod 66>

I had LST struts in Canada make me replacements for my customers in case Europa couldn’t supply replacements.
The struts are 110-300mm with 25 newton pressure for me and my customers.
None of my customers have mechanical door openers or extra latches but do have door locks, vent windows and the like making the doors heavier.

Heavy doors (big pull handles, door locks, extra latches small vent door in the window), I prefer 25 newtons.
Light doors pressure is a minimum of 20 newtons. Most of my clients prefer the 25 newtons, even for the light doors, as the wind doesn’t blow the doors closed.
Expect gas spring struts to last about 10 years before they start to sag. Get them pumped up at 10 years and go fly.

I’m out of the shop this morning but I still have a couple struts in stock. If the pressure drops on these LST shocks, I send them back to the manufacturer via post and get them refurbished. Cheap insurance.
I also keep a spare set.
As for options: I prefer the locking metal strut end for the 8 mm ball.
If you have a shop down under that services struts don’t go past 25 newtons on the Europa strut or a 25 year old strut or you may blow it out.
If you go to an auto-parts store to replace your struts, be sure they fit exactly or move your posts as the Europa is not a real common size. Too short and the door doesn’t open wide enough. Too long and the door doesn’t close.

If you haven’t moved your struts to the Mod 66 position, it is highly recommended.

Just my experience.
Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of macstar1224(at)gmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2023 4:23 AM
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Canopy gas strut Specifications

I need to replace both.

Ian McClelland
15 Harvard Road
Burleigh
Blenheim 7201
NewZealand
027 389 2173

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: