Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delta Juliet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidjoyce(at)doctors.org

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Medical issues leave me facing the loss of my class 2 medical and with it the ability to tour abroad - which is what has provided my main flying pleasure. So sadly I shall be parting with Delta Juliet. It is one of the most widely travelled Europas and at the same time one of the most lavishly equipped whilst being one of the lighter 914/wobbly prop/monos flying. Amongst other things: Garmin G3X touch / G5 / Twin channel nav com radio with ILS & twin VOR / ADSB in and out / Garmin three axis autopilot / Beringer wheel and brake / low hours 914 / Woodcomp SR3000 N/W high twist prop / covered trailer. I shall be prepared to part with it to a good home for a modest price. I am in the US until 10 November but as soon as I am home I will be happy to send full documentation on to anyone interested and happy to arrange a trial flight.
David Joyce, GXSDJ

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Mallard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:07 am    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your medical issues David.
Regarding travelling abroad; would a LAPL medical not suffice? I know that it is acceptable here in Ireland as I have one & I had a massive heart attack followed by a 4-way bypass in 2007.

Get Outlook for Android
From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk <davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk>
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2022 12:49:06 AM
To: europa list <europa-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Delta Juliet

Medical issues leave me facing the loss of my class 2 medical and with it the ability to tour abroad - which is what has provided my main flying pleasure. So sadly I shall be parting with Delta Juliet. It is one of the most widely travelled Europas and at the same time one of the most lavishly equipped whilst being one of the lighter 914/wobbly prop/monos flying. Amongst other things: Garmin G3X touch / G5 / Twin channel nav com radio with ILS & twin VOR / ADSB in and out / Garmin three axis autopilot / Beringer wheel and brake / low hours 914 / Woodcomp SR3000 N/W high twist prop / covered trailer. I shall be prepared to part with it to a good home for a modest price. I am in the US until 10 November but as soon as I am home I will be happy to send full documentation on to anyone interested and happy to arrange a trial flight.
David Joyce, GXSDJ

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ivanshaw(at)btinternet.co

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:41 am    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Morning David,
A sad day, the Europa family just wouldn’t be the same without you!
I now do a self cert medical which I understand is good for both the UK and France now….with maybe more countries to follow. That geographical area will keep me entertained for the remainder of my flying days!!

Best wishes,
Ivan

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk
Sent: 24 October 2022 00:49
Subject: Delta Juliet

David Joyce, GXSDJ

Hitchflight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

A sad day. Two decades since I went on my first Europa Club European adventure transforming my flying aspirations.

Hard to imagine that the 2022 Norway trip completed together with five other Club members, has become David’s last European adventure.

(at) David: Best wishes to you.

(at) Ivan: In respect of non ICAO compliant pilot licence travel to France. Sadly an unambiguous clarification has just been released by the DGAC.
Everything Irv Lee feared in the Europa Club Zoom post Brexit presentation earlier this year did come true.

Please don’t shoot the messenger.

https://www.theeuropaclub.org/news/dgac:-lapl-pilot-qualification-clarification-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:36 am    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Hi Bob,
I don't hold a LAPL.
I operate now on a full PPL. I have one life time one issued by the CAA and one issued by EASA. My CPL has now expired, being 77!!
Using these licenses can I no longer fly to France on my self-certification medical?

ATB
Ivan

--

Hitchflight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Hi Ivan

The short answer

Neither option is acceptable at this moment in time. Unless you write to the national authority and obtain permission. Your likelihood of success holding a PMD only is currently rated as low based on recent experience.

So all the European Union is off limits for you. I have raised with the LAA and they have thanked the Europa Club for bringing to their attention this latest development. They will advise the wider LAA membership as appropriate. The initial response from France is not promising. We live in hope that things may change back.

The long answer.

I’ll do my best to answer the question but I’m not the authority. The situation remains dynamic. It’s a mess. Noting the CAA are seeking to change the system as it applies to the UK. The Europa Club engaged experts to explain the foreseen predicament in a Europa Club Zoom presentation. https://www.theeuropaclub.org/flying/flying-in-europe

Let’s break it down. In your unique case. You have two licences that were issued as PPLs. An EASA PPL and a UK PPL with ratings attached as appropriate. I’m choosing to ignore your CPL IR .

EASA PPL

First assumption is that your EASA PPL was State issued by the United Kingdom at a time when the UK was part of the European Union.
Second assumption is we are only talking about a Europa which is a Non Part 21 aircraft.

In such a scenario CAP2086 & Commission regulation 1178/2011 applied. You are flying a British G-reg Europa outside UK using a UK PPL or Medical certificate. CAP2086 confirms UK law made your pre-2021 EASA PPL and/or EASA medical legal as a UK ICAO equivalent. With the ability to use internationally when associated with an internationally recognised certificate. Unfortunately during the Brexit negotiations this area was messed up in the sense that UK LAPL medical and EASA LAPL medical became an area of contention. Mutually non-recognised at the pan EU EASA level of government negotiations. However most sovereign countries in Europe will hold valid a UK LAPL medical provided permission is sought in advance and obtained in writing in advance from each sovereign sate with the EU. The PMD was not discussed as it was never recognised by EASA. But was inferred as recognised by France under an old presidential decree until very recently. Remembering some of the rational predates the UK joining the EU back in 1972. Exceptions would be granted to old historic aircraft. Fast forward to today. Negotiations continue with the French, but unfortunately at the same time the UK is potentially moving the goal posts by further streamlining licences. Indeed a consultation process has already begun and the opinions of UK pilots is currently being canvassed. In October 2022 The first part of the rule comes from the Arrêté (Decree) : "Pilots must hold an aeronautical title issued or recognised by the authority of the State of registry". But under a new interpretation they have created a restrictive condition : "if the pilot's aeronautical title has not been issued in accordance with ICAO Annex 1 or European regulations, he will have to request authorisation".

In this scenario with this licence with this licence combined with a PMD you can fly in the UK ( inc. the Channel Islands if permission of obtained from the Bailwick). Provided you don’t fly at Night or on Instruments. Your plane can fly to Europe because of ECAC approval. You cannot pilot to Europe because the medical associated with your ICAO standard licence does not meet an international standard.

Consequently you are restricted to LAPL privileges and because it is non-ICAO, restricted to UK airspace unless a foreign authority were to approve a unique or serial applications to visit.

The old original Lifetime UK PPL

Assumption is we are mainly talking about a Europa which is a Non Part 21 aircraft. Old PPL licences with SEP ratings are valid in non Part 21 aircraft, if an aircraft that could be flown by a LAPL(A) pilot with associated LAPL level of medical. The association is valid in non-Part21 aircraft as if it is a UK CAA PPL but restricted to UK Airspace only unless permitted by foreign authority.
Overview

I personally hold a UK ICAO PPL with IR(R) and Class 2 medical certificate. I was tempted to move to the LAPL . But fortunately I didn’t only because of a previous Spanish tough interpretation insistence on a Class 2. But now in all the post Brexit confusion it seems the only gold standard for a British pilot who wants to travel in Europe is a PPL with a Class 2 medical.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Hope it changes, but I fear it won’t.

Trust that helps. Let me know if you need more.

Regards

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Hi Bob,
Many thanks for taking the time to give me chapter and verse looks like it's a class two for me next year!! Still we live in hope that common sense will prevail....but let's not hold our breath!!

Best Wishes.

Ivan

--

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:55 pm    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

On behalf of most of us geriatric Americans.  We too feel your disappointment and recognize our medical limitations on fighting to fly in our regulated flight systems.

You have a lovely aircraft from the pictures I’ve seen and I can only hope DJ will continue her travels and adventures and be as well loved and cared for by its new owner as you have shown it.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2022 7:49 PM
Subject: Europa-List: Delta Juliet

Medical issues leave me facing the  loss of my class 2 medical and with it the ability to tour abroad - which is what has provided my main flying pleasure. So sadly I shall be parting with Delta Juliet. It is one of the most widely travelled Europas and at the same time one of the most lavishly equipped whilst  being one of the lighter 914/wobbly prop/monos flying. Amongst other things: Garmin G3X touch / G5 / Twin channel nav com radio with ILS & twin VOR / ADSB in and out / Garmin  three axis autopilot / Beringer wheel and brake / low hours 914 /  Woodcomp SR3000 N/W high twist prop / covered  trailer. I shall be prepared to part with it to a good home for a modest price. I am in the US until 10 November but as soon as I am home I will be happy to send full documentation on to anyone interested and happy to arrange a trial flight.
David Joyce, GXSDJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Bud, Many thanks for the comments. All best, David

On 2022-10-24 21:54, Bud Yerly wrote:
Quote:
(at)font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0} (at)font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-469750017 -1073732485 9 0 511 0} (at)font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610610945 1073750107 16 0 415 0} #replybody1 p.v1MsoNormal, #replybody1 li.v1MsoNormal, #replybody1 div.v1MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri} #replybody1 a:link, #replybody1 span.v1MsoHyperlink {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:#0563C1; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single} #replybody1 a:visited, #replybody1 span.v1MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:#954F72; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single} #replybody1 p.v1msonormal0, #replybody1 li.v1msonormal0, #replybody1 div.v1msonormal0 {mso-style-name:msonormal; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri} #replybody1 span.v1EmailStyle19 {mso-style-type:personal-reply; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-ansi-font-size:11.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:windowtext} #replybody1 .v1MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt} (at)page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0} #replybody1 div.v1WordSection1 {page: unset}
On behalf of most of us geriatric Americans. We too feel your disappointment and recognize our medical limitations on fighting to fly in our regulated flight systems.

You have a lovely aircraft from the pictures I've seen and I can only hope DJ will continue her travels and adventures and be as well loved and cared for by its new owner as you have shown it.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.ukSent: Sunday, October 23, 2022 7:49 PMTo: europa list <europa-list(at)matronics.com>Subject: Delta Juliet

Medical issues leave me facing the loss of my class 2 medical and with it the ability to tour abroad - which is what has provided my main flying pleasure. So sadly I shall be parting with Delta Juliet. It is one of the most widely travelled Europas and at the same time one of the most lavishly equipped whilst  being one of the lighter 914/wobbly prop/monos flying. Amongst other things: Garmin G3X touch / G5 / Twin channel nav com radio with ILS & twin VOR / ADSB in and out / Garmin three axis autopilot / Beringer wheel and brake / low hours 914 / Woodcomp SR3000 N/W high twist prop / covered trailer. I shall be prepared to part with it to a good home for a modest price. I am in the US until 10 November but as soon as I am home I will be happy to send full documentation on to anyone interested and happy to arrange a trial flight.
David Joyce, GXSDJ

rogersheridan(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:50 am    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Hi David,
Very sorry to hear your news.
I had the pleasure of a flight in DJ with you from Gloucester to Glebe Farm near Huntingdon back in 2020 & would be interested in upgrading from my 912 classic!

Kind regards,

Roger

Quote:
On 24 Oct 2022, at 00:49, davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk (davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk) wrote:
CAUTION: This email originated from outside your organization. Exercise caution when opening attachments or on clicking links from unknown senders.
David Joyce, GXSDJ

Tony3530

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:35 am    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Hi DavidSorry to hear this. It seems like the end of an era as you have been a leader in the Europa community for so long. I suppose it is an inevitable outcome for all of us eventually. I have personally appreciated your support with magazine content over the years.
We are currently in Florida returning on the 11 November. It seems many new people in the club seem to want everything online so the next magazine could be my last. It will be interesting to see if anyone is prepared to continue to create an on line equivalent..
Regards
Tony
Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Oct 23, 2022, at 7:51 PM, davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk wrote:

David Joyce, GXSDJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Tony, At 84 and having achieved my flying ambitions and having flown round Europe multiple times I can&rsquo;t feel too sorry for myself. I dare say I shall carry on doing a bit of flying woth Tim and might even go back to gliding, which in many ways is a superior, rather intellectual form of flying. I deplore the thought that the magazine might go digital and very much hope you will soldier on for a few years yet. All best, David

On 2022-10-29 14:35, Tony Wickens wrote:
Quote:
Hi David Sorry to hear this. It seems like the end of an era as you have been a leader in the Europa community for so long. I suppose it is an inevitable outcome for all of us eventually. I have personally appreciated your support with magazine content over the years.

We are currently in Florida returning on the 11 November. It seems many new people in the club seem to want everything online so the next magazine could be my last. It will be interesting to see if anyone is prepared to continue to create an on line equivalent..

Regards
Tony
Sent from my iPhone
Quote:
David Joyce, GXSDJ

ptag.dev(at)talktalk.net

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:46 am    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Hi! Tony ,
for what its worth I will say I detest the "on line way" every bloody thing is going "on line or digital" . I welcome the actual "printed word"
I already spend too much time on this bloody thing . I think it will give me "the bums rush" if you as you say "go digital". My life is already made a bloody misery by the statement " may be read on line" from such as poxy Insurance and Council Tax issues.
regards
Bob Harrison.
Quote:
On 29 October 2022 at 14:35 Tony Wickens <skylark2150(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Hi David Sorry to hear this. It seems like the end of an era as you have been a leader in the Europa community for so long. I suppose it is an inevitable outcome for all of us eventually. I have personally appreciated your support with magazine content over the years.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

David Joyce, GXSDJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: