Delta Juliet

davidjoyce(at)doctors.org
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Medical issues leave me facing the loss of my class 2 medical and with it the ability to tour abroad - which is what has provided my main flying pleasure. So sadly I shall be parting with Delta Juliet. It is one of the most widely travelled Europas and at the same time one of the most lavishly equipped whilst being one of the lighter 914/wobbly prop/monos flying. Amongst other things: Garmin G3X touch / G5 / Twin channel nav com radio with ILS & twin VOR / ADSB in and out / Garmin three axis autopilot / Beringer wheel and brake / low hours 914 / Woodcomp SR3000 N/W high twist prop / covered trailer. I shall be prepared to part with it to a good home for a modest price. I am in the US until 10 November but as soon as I am home I will be happy to send full documentation on to anyone interested and happy to arrange a trial flight.
David Joyce, GXSDJ

Mallard

Joined: 22 Oct 2019
Location: Ireland

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:07 am    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your medical issues David.
Regarding travelling abroad; would a LAPL medical not suffice? I know that it is acceptable here in Ireland as I have one & I had a massive heart attack followed by a 4-way bypass in 2007.

Get Outlook for Android
On 2022-10-24 21:54, Bud Yerly wrote:
Quote:
(at)font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0} (at)font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-469750017 -1073732485 9 0 511 0} (at)font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610610945 1073750107 16 0 415 0} #replybody1 p.v1MsoNormal, #replybody1 li.v1MsoNormal, #replybody1 div.v1MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri} #replybody1 a:link, #replybody1 span.v1MsoHyperlink {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:#0563C1; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single} #replybody1 a:visited, #replybody1 span.v1MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:#954F72; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single} #replybody1 p.v1msonormal0, #replybody1 li.v1msonormal0, #replybody1 div.v1msonormal0 {mso-style-name:msonormal; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri} #replybody1 span.v1EmailStyle19 {mso-style-type:personal-reply; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-ansi-font-size:11.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:windowtext} #replybody1 .v1MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt} (at)page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0} #replybody1 div.v1WordSection1 {page: unset}

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.ukSent: Sunday, October 23, 2022 7:49 PMTo: europa list <europa-list(at)matronics.com>Subject: Delta Juliet

[...]

rogersheridan(at)mac.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:50 am    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Hi David,
Very sorry to hear your news.
I had the pleasure of a flight in DJ with you from Gloucester to Glebe Farm near Huntingdon back in 2020 & would be interested in upgrading from my 912 classic!

Kind regards,

Roger

Quote:
On 24 Oct 2022, at 00:49, davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk (davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk) wrote:
CAUTION: This email originated from outside your organization. Exercise caution when opening attachments or on clicking links from unknown senders.
[...]

Tony3530

Joined: 17 Jun 2021
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:35 am    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Hi DavidSorry to hear this. It seems like the end of an era as you have been a leader in the Europa community for so long. I suppose it is an inevitable outcome for all of us eventually. I have personally appreciated your support with magazine content over the years.
We are currently in Florida returning on the 11 November. It seems many new people in the club seem to want everything online so the next magazine could be my last. It will be interesting to see if anyone is prepared to continue to create an on line equivalent..
Regards
Tony
Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Oct 23, 2022, at 7:51 PM, davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk wrote:

[...]

TW2150
davidjoyce(at)doctors.org
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Tony, At 84 and having achieved my flying ambitions and having flown round Europe multiple times I can&rsquo;t feel too sorry for myself. I dare say I shall carry on doing a bit of flying woth Tim and might even go back to gliding, which in many ways is a superior, rather intellectual form of flying. I deplore the thought that the magazine might go digital and very much hope you will soldier on for a few years yet. All best, David

On 2022-10-29 14:35, Tony Wickens wrote:
Quote:
[...]

ptag.dev(at)talktalk.net
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:46 am    Post subject: Delta Juliet Reply with quote

Hi! Tony ,
for what its worth I will say I detest the "on line way" every bloody thing is going "on line or digital" . I welcome the actual "printed word"
I already spend too much time on this bloody thing . I think it will give me "the bums rush" if you as you say "go digital". My life is already made a bloody misery by the statement " may be read on line" from such as poxy Insurance and Council Tax issues.
regards
Bob Harrison.
Quote: