Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TACHO and FLYDAT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick Tunney

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:40 am    Post subject: TACHO and FLYDAT Reply with quote

Hi

I am not having much success with pairing a Flydat and a Aviasport / Rotax tacho.

The Flydat records correct RPM but the Tacho reads half of the Flydat.

If i disconnect the Flydat the Tacho reads correct.

Has anybody else experienced this issue or is there a special way to wire the pair together.

I have read all guides and understand the need for a resistor but i dont think i am at that point.

I would be interested to hear from any user that has both the Flydat and a Tacho

Thanks

Pat

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
n7188u

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: TACHO and FLYDAT Reply with quote

I know you are talking about a different unit but I was told I couldn’t have both my new mgl ems-1 and the rotax tach at the same time (per mgl). So left the rotax tach connector and wiring untouched and ran a new wire and connector for the mgl. That way, if I’m traveling, I can swap if the mgl fails (not in the air of course). I guess I could have a switch but too lazy to do that.

Still, if anyone knows how to have both working I’m all ears. Probably just an impedance issue.

Chris

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: