Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What did you do with your Europa last week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MEE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject: What did you do with your Europa last week Reply with quote

Had a “boy’s own” adventure last week flying from Omaka (top of the South Island) to Wairoa (east coast of North Island) 2.2 hrs.
Conditions were perfect for such a flight with most of the North Island leg flown VFR on top of a broken 3500 foot cloud base at a ground speed of 140 - 150 kts due to the Southerly tail wind.
Transiting through the Napier Class D airspace was straight forward with no major diversions being required. Near Lake Titira an amendment to the clearance was required to allow a descent through the closing cloud gaps to continue the remaining flight at 3500’ below the base. A nice landing on the sealed 1370 meter Wairoa airstrip followed. After a Cafe” lunch and encounter in town I continued on to Gisbourne where the Airfield is famous for having a rail line crossing the main vector on its southern side. No problems there with trains or planes with ZKMEE being accommodated on the grass GA parking area next to the commercial apron.
The next day it was back in the air to reverse the track through the Napier airspace to the small country Town of Dannevirke. Dannevirke has a generous grass airstrip of 1200 meters in length and friendly company at the aeroclub. For this trip I carried a fold up electric bike which I have found very handy getting from airfields into town. After another overnight stay I continued the return flight back to Omaka this time to building North Westerly pre frontal conditions (rough!) via Wellingtons Hutt Valley and Paekakariki and then VFR flight following across Cook Straight back to my home airstrip an Omaka.

Ian McClelland
Blenheim
New Zealand

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: