Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lining the interior help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daaza22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject: Lining the interior help please Reply with quote

Hi everybody...
Can anyone give me a rough idea of how much Lining Carpet i will need for my
interior (which as the extended baggage area )?
I am thinking of using Camper Van Lining Carpet with 4 Way Stretch .
is that a good choice ?
Any input welcome .
Cheers Darren

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
SteveIvell(at)pestproof.c

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject: Lining the interior help please Reply with quote

Hi Darren

I got the van lining 4 way stretch from Megavan Mats. I think it was a 4 metre kit which includes 4 tins of spray glue. It was just enough to do our XS with extended luggage bay.
Cheers
Steve

Kind Regards

Steve Ivell
Managing Director
Pestproof Ltd.
07971 128842
From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of daaza22 <royledarren(at)gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2022 6:45:51 PM
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com <europa-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Lining the interior help please

--> Europa-List message posted by: "daaza22" <royledarren(at)gmail.com>

Hi everybody...
Can anyone give me a rough idea of how much Lining Carpet i will need for my
interior (which as the extended baggage area )?
I am thinking of using Camper Van Lining Carpet with 4 Way Stretch .
is that a good choice ?
Any input welcome .
Cheers Darren

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=506016#506016

===========
st Email Forum -
pa-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
===========
p; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
ums.matronics.com
===========
p; - NEW MATRONICS LIST WIKI -
matronics.com
===========
p; - List Contribution Web Site -
p;   -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
ps://matronics.com/contribution
===========

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

daaza22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Lining the interior help please Reply with quote

thanks for that Steve , I will check them out .
By the way how was it to work with ?

Area-51

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Lining the interior help please Reply with quote

I’m approaching this task using fire retardant materials. There are a number of synthetic fireproof upholstery and carpet materials on the market. Natural fibres such as pure wool for carpet and seats is great in this criteria however there will be a weight penalty. As a fire retardant material pure wool is excellent... some modern automotive synthetics become highly carcinogenic while burning and afterward also. The white sticky goop you might see inside that burnt out car is 100% death lotion...At the same time i really love the smell of Connolly leather and don’t mind the weight penalty if it makes me happy 🙂

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject: Lining the interior help please Reply with quote

I'm thankful for others that put comfort, looks and quality of life in the interior selection decision.

Unless your government agencies require fireproof, or certified materials, I look for what is comfortable. N12AY has a thin leather for the cushions and the foam suggested and tested by Rob D'Nic / Duncan interiors in Lakeland has given me 15 years of comfort and durability. We chose an automotive carpet, bound the edges, sewed in Velcro for attachment to the floor structure. I riveted in the Velcro in the baggage bay floor and epoxied it in everywhere else as the stick-on Velcro just won't hold up.

I figure, with 100 pounds of high octane on my back, I really am not worried about the glues, carpets and interior/seat fire fumes long term effects, as if I hit the ground, I'm getting out long before I have to worry about fumes or I won't get out at all. I hit head on to a deep ditch flying with a customer and the cockpit module held up well at 30+ knot impact. I was out of the plane in about 5 seconds. (Two second delay due to my fat belly at the time, so loosing 20 pounds will help that emergency egress time.) The aircraft is fiberglass, polyurethane foam and plastic, which according to the State of California is a carcinogen. Do we scrap our aircraft?

An airplane is 20,000 compromises flying in close formation, choose wisely.

Just my thoughts. Follow your experimental/amateur built aircraft government regs if there are any.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly

--

daaza22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Lining the interior help please Reply with quote

thanks for that , I would like to go for leather but i am wanting to do the
interior myself and not sure i would be able to do leather justice .

Area-51

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Lining the interior help please Reply with quote

Any decent quality leather stitching work will require a walking foot industrial machine; the cams in a home unit will destroy themselves fairly quickly and there is just not enough grunt to push through four layers on a piping seam; pay the money, buy the right machine and practice or pay for someone elses knowledge and experience; cut your stencils in cardboard for the interior panels and take them to a trimmer if the trimmer cannot come to you, or take entire fuselage to the trim shop; do the job once, do it right and be happy... two hides will be enough to trim the interior and its important to think about access for service and derigging purposes when planning. The risk of fire on a europa is low due to fuel tank and firewall design/materials and if the fuel tank did catch fire on impact the occupants would probably already be dead from the force of impact required to push a hot engine pipe back into and puncture the fuel tank...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: