Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kolb list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aslink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:01 pm    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

My donation/payment for the Kolb list charged on my credit card 11/28/2021. I am not getting any emails from you.  Please let me know why I have been removed from your email list.
Thanks,
Andy (Andrew) Slinkard

Sent from Mail for Windows

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Ceengland

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

I haven't seen any messages except Matt's monthly email in quite a while; maybe things are just quiet.
Get BlueMail for Android
On Feb 7, 2022, at 9:03 PM, Sheila and Andy <andysheila(at)eltopia.com (andysheila(at)eltopia.com)> wrote:
Quote:

My donation/payment for the Kolb list charged on my credit card 11/28/2021. I am not getting any emails from you. Please let me know why I have been removed from your email list.
Thanks,
Andy (Andrew) Slinkard

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

lcottrell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

Hey Andy, the reason is that no one posts much any more. Having a fly in in Sept, come if you can. Always welcome.
Larry
On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 8:03 PM Sheila and Andy <andysheila(at)eltopia.com (andysheila(at)eltopia.com)> wrote:

Quote:

My donation/payment for the Kolb list charged on my credit card 11/28/2021. I am not getting any emails from you.  Please let me know why I have been removed from your email list.
Thanks,
Andy (Andrew) Slinkard

--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

williamtsullivan(at)att.n

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:34 am    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

It's just been very quiet.

Bill Sullivan

do not archive.

On Monday, February 7, 2022, 11:15:54 PM EST, Charlie England <ceengland7(at)gmail.com> wrote:

I haven't seen any messages except Matt's monthly email in quite a while; maybe things are just quiet.
Get BlueMail for Android
On Feb 7, 2022, at 9:03 PM, Sheila and Andy <andysheila(at)eltopia.com (andysheila(at)eltopia.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Thanks,
Andy (Andrew) Slinkard

smedley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

I didn't know we had a facebook page.

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 11:21 AM Scott Hamby <ku.hamby(at)gmail.com (ku.hamby(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
What little activity that does seem to occur in the Kolb world happens on the Facebook group.  I find that unfortunate as there's very little actual useful discussion and mostly just two and three word responses.

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022, 6:36 AM william sullivan <williamtsullivan(at)att.net (williamtsullivan(at)att.net)> wrote:

Quote:

Bill Sullivan

do not archive.

On Monday, February 7, 2022, 11:15:54 PM EST, Charlie England <ceengland7(at)gmail.com (ceengland7(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Get BlueMail for Android
Quote:

Thanks,
Andy (Andrew) Slinkard

williamtsullivan(at)att.n

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

Scott- I no longer have a plane. John sold his. Richard seems to be the most active member right now, but the way the weather has been most people are into shoveling snow, or just shivering. Activity on the List should pick up in the spring.

Bill Sullivan
do not archive

On Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 11:18:11 AM EST, Scott Hamby <ku.hamby(at)gmail.com> wrote:

What little activity that does seem to occur in the Kolb world happens on the Facebook group. I find that unfortunate as there's very little actual useful discussion and mostly just two and three word responses.
On Tue, Feb 8, 2022, 6:36 AM william sullivan <williamtsullivan(at)att.net (williamtsullivan(at)att.net)> wrote:
Quote:
It's just been very quiet. Bill Sullivando not archive.
On Monday, February 7, 2022, 11:15:54 PM EST, Charlie England <ceengland7(at)gmail.com (ceengland7(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Get BlueMail for Android
Quote:

My donation/payment for the Kolb list charged on my credit card 11/28/2021. I am not getting any emails from you. Please let me know why I have been removed from your email list.
Thanks,
Andy (Andrew) Slinkard

Ceengland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

'We' don't.
Wink
On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 10:36 AM Edward Bonsell <smedley945(at)gmail.com (smedley945(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 11:21 AM Scott Hamby <ku.hamby(at)gmail.com (ku.hamby(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
What little activity that does seem to occur in the Kolb world happens on the Facebook group.  I find that unfortunate as there's very little actual useful discussion and mostly just two and three word responses.

Quote:

Bill Sullivan

do not archive.

Get BlueMail for Android
Quote:

Thanks,
Andy (Andrew) Slinkard

ridefst

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

I've seen a great number of forums die and be replaced by facebook.FB is an app that many people already use, it's very easy to share images and videos.
I do think there was often better content on the specific forums, but that's probably because it was more difficult to write a good post with images and all - there were always a few dedicated people that would make great informative posts.  Unfortunately, those often lost the relevant images in a few years, due to hosting issues, which mostly doesn't happen on FB.
That and it's cold out! Nobody is flying in this weather without a full cockpit and good heat.
Hoping to get my runway flattened out a bit this spring, and finally get to take the maiden flight in my Kolb!  New hangar/barn is pretty much complete, save for concrete (that'll have to wait for warmer weather).  Runway is pretty tore up from cleaning up the old barn, so I figured this would be as good a time as any to flatten out the north end when I repair the south end, and reseed the whole thing.
On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 11:47 AM william sullivan <williamtsullivan(at)att.net (williamtsullivan(at)att.net)> wrote:

Quote:
Scott- I no longer have a plane. John sold his. Richard seems to be the most active member right now, but the way the weather has been most people are into shoveling snow, or just shivering. Activity on the List should pick up in the spring.

Bill Sullivan
do not archive

On Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 11:18:11 AM EST, Scott Hamby <ku.hamby(at)gmail.com (ku.hamby(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Get BlueMail for Android
Quote:

Thanks,
Andy (Andrew) Slinkard

stuart(at)harnerfarm.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

Exactly! No Fakebook in this house...
Do Not Archive

On 2/8/22 11:03, Charlie England wrote:

Quote:
'We' don't.
Wink

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 10:36 AM Edward Bonsell <smedley945(at)gmail.com (smedley945(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bill Sullivan

do not archive.

Get BlueMail for Android
Quote:

Thanks,
Andy (Andrew) Slinkard

west1m

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

Yeah, You can take my name off the list now as I no longer have the Kolb or fly at all.
Marlon West
west1m(at)hotmail.com

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of Stuart Harner <stuart(at)harnerfarm.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 12:39 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com <kolb-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Re: Kolb list

Exactly! No Fakebook in this house...
Do Not Archive

On 2/8/22 11:03, Charlie England wrote:

Quote:
'We' don't.
Wink

Quote:

Quote:
What little activity that does seem to occur in the Kolb world happens on the Facebook group. I find that unfortunate as there's very little actual useful discussion and mostly just two and three word responses.

Quote:

Bill Sullivan

do not archive.

Get BlueMail for Android
Quote:

Thanks,
Andy (Andrew) Slinkard

ridefst

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Kolb list Reply with quote

west1m wrote:
Yeah, You can take my name off the list now as I no longer have the Kolb or fly at all.
Marlon West
west1m(at)hotmail.com

It doesn't work that way, nobody is adding or removing members.
Self service only, right here: http://www.matronics.com/subscription/

Ceengland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

Just to be clear,  my earlier comment wasn't a political comment in any way. I'm just not fond of reporting to the world my up-to-the-minute location, what I'm eating at the moment & trips to the restroom.

Specific to the data accessibility issues: I've poked around my wife's FB account when she wants me to see something. I find it just about impossible to navigate. The message 'window' is more of a front door peep hole. And try to find a discussion thread about a particular issue, where several individuals are posting potential solutions. There's got to be a better way to communicate. Oh wait; there is. Or there are, as in multiple other ways.

Charlie

On 2/8/2022 11:26 AM, Franklin Geiser wrote:

Quote:
I've seen a great number of forums die and be replaced by facebook. FB is an app that many people already use, it's very easy to share images and videos.
I do think there was often better content on the specific forums, but that's probably because it was more difficult to write a good post with images and all - there were always a few dedicated people that would make great informative posts.  Unfortunately, those often lost the relevant images in a few years, due to hosting issues, which mostly doesn't happen on FB.

That and it's cold out! Nobody is flying in this weather without a full cockpit and good heat.

Hoping to get my runway flattened out a bit this spring, and finally get to take the maiden flight in my Kolb!  New hangar/barn is pretty much complete, save for concrete (that'll have to wait for warmer weather).  Runway is pretty tore up from cleaning up the old barn, so I figured this would be as good a time as any to flatten out the north end when I repair the south end, and reseed the whole thing.

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 11:47 AM william sullivan <williamtsullivan(at)att.net (williamtsullivan(at)att.net)> wrote:

Quote:

Bill Sullivan
do not archive

On Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 11:18:11 AM EST, Scott Hamby <ku.hamby(at)gmail.com (ku.hamby(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
It's just been very quiet. Bill Sullivan do not archive.

Get BlueMail for Android
Quote:

Thanks,
Andy (Andrew) Slinkard

Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2] [/url]

davidquimby(at)roadrunner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:33 pm    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

Please remove from your mailing list - davidquimby(at)roadrunner.com (davidquimby(at)roadrunner.com).
Thank You
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2022, at 10:17 AM, Scott Hamby <ku.hamby(at)gmail.com (ku.hamby(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Get BlueMail for Android
Quote:

Thanks,
Andy (Andrew) Slinkard

Jerry-TS-MkII

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

Go fast and break stuff? That simply does NOT apply AT ALL to
airplanes!
Other than Sucker-Bird looking way too much like Data from Star-Trek
NG.. it's all laughable to me. I'll pass on anything to do with that
format.
Do Not Archive

Ceengland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject: Kolb list Reply with quote

Here you go...
On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 2:35 PM David Quimby <davidquimby(at)roadrunner.com (davidquimby(at)roadrunner.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Please remove from your mailing list - davidquimby(at)roadrunner.com (davidquimby(at)roadrunner.com).

Thank You

Quote:
On Feb 8, 2022, at 10:17 AM, Scott Hamby <ku.hamby(at)gmail.com (ku.hamby(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Bill Sullivan

do not archive.

Get BlueMail for Android
Quote:

Thanks,
Andy (Andrew) Slinkard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: