Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CS prop system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lom-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjbeaver(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject: CS prop system Reply with quote

I have a great deal of reference information on LOM engines and props, but I can find nothing at all about the constant speed prop adaptor shown in the picture below. I assume the gold part contains high pressure seals and passes oil into the crankshaft, then through the aluminum turning and into the prop.
Does anyone have any information on this assembly? I need to convert the engine to a fixed pitch wooden prop and a drawing would help me do that with more confidence.

THanks, Steve-- Stephen BeaverTel: 614-937 4189

[img]cid:nIA9oXul2LhsD6ovRYFl[/img]

- The Matronics Lom-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lom-List

nIA9oXul2LhsD6ovRYFl.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  220.76 KB
 Viewed:  2250 Time(s)

nIA9oXul2LhsD6ovRYFl.jpeg

sjbeaver(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:31 am    Post subject: CS prop system Reply with quote

Thank you Mike,
My challenge is how to remove the prop hub and the gold colored seal assembly. There appear to be no drawings available for that. The problem with working on props is that without a drawing is that you can't tell whether something isn't supposed to come off that way or just needs a bigger hammer Smile Steve-- Stephen BeaverTel: 614-937 4189

Quote:
On Dec 20, 2021, at 22:54, <mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com (mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com)> <mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com (mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
I have attached scans from my prop manual for a V451 and apologise for the poor quality but that is all that I have.
If I can assist you further do not hesitate to ask
Hope this helps you

Keep well

Mike

From: owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com)> On Behalf Of sjbeaverSent: December 20, 2021 7:57 AMTo: Lom-List Digest Server <lom-list(at)matronics.com (lom-list(at)matronics.com)>Subject: CS prop system

I have a great deal of reference information on LOM engines and props, but I can find nothing at all about the constant speed prop adaptor shown in the picture below. I assume the gold part contains high pressure seals and passes oil into the crankshaft, then through the aluminum turning and into the prop.

Does anyone have any information on this assembly? I need to convert the engine to a fixed pitch wooden prop and a drawing would help me do that with more confidence.

THanks,
Steve-- Stephen BeaverTel: 614-937 4189

<image001.jpg>

<LOM PROP 1.jpg><LOM PROP 2.jpg>

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

mikepienaar09(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject: CS prop system Reply with quote

Yes, I see the problem now Forgot that my engine arrived with the gold coloured hub attached
If you do get it off what will you replace it with?
Keep well
Mike

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Dec 21, 2021, at 5:31 AM, sjbeaver <sjbeaver(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you Mike,
My challenge is how to remove the prop hub and the gold colored seal assembly. There appear to be no drawings available for that. The problem with working on props is that without a drawing is that you can't tell whether something isn't supposed to come off that way or just needs a bigger hammer Smile Steve-- Stephen BeaverTel:   614-937 4189

Quote:
On Dec 20, 2021, at 22:54, <mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com (mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com)> <mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com (mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
I have attached scans from my prop manual for a V451 and apologise for the poor quality but that is all that I have.
Hope this helps you

Keep well

Mike

From: owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com)> On Behalf Of sjbeaverSent: December 20, 2021 7:57 AMTo: Lom-List Digest Server <lom-list(at)matronics.com (lom-list(at)matronics.com)>Subject: CS prop system

THanks,

<image001.jpg>

sjbeaver(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject: CS prop system Reply with quote

The forward nose bearing case from a 332A or AK Steve-- Stephen BeaverTel: 614-937 4189

Quote:
On Dec 21, 2021, at 12:27, mike Pienaar <mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com (mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Yes, I see the problem now Forgot that my engine arrived with the gold coloured hub attached
If you do get it off what will you replace it with?
Keep well
Mike Sent from my iPhone
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2021, at 5:31 AM, sjbeaver <sjbeaver(at)gmail.com (sjbeaver(at)gmail.com)> wrote:Thank you Mike,
My challenge is how to remove the prop hub and the gold colored seal assembly. There appear to be no drawings available for that. The problem with working on props is that without a drawing is that you can't tell whether something isn't supposed to come off that way or just needs a bigger hammer Smile Steve-- Stephen BeaverTel: 614-937 4189

Quote:
Hope this helps you

Keep well

Mike

THanks,

<image001.jpg>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lom-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: