Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

912ULS fuel return line orifice size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterz(at)zutrasoft.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:40 am    Post subject: 912ULS fuel return line orifice size Reply with quote

Hi Folks,
I'm currently re-doing my fuel lines and configuration and have discovered my return orifice was made at 1/32" or 0.68mm which is twice the size of the spec'd rotax 0.33 mm or 1/64".  It may explain why whenever I turned the electric pump off the pressure would drop to near zero for a couple seconds before recovering to the expected 4-5psi.

Curious what size other folks are running? 0.33mm?
Cheers and thanks,
Pete Z.

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
brian.davies44(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject: 912ULS fuel return line orifice size Reply with quote

Hi Pete
If you are running the latest mechanical fuel pump I think you will find that Rotax have published information that states a brief drop in fuel pressure is “normal”.  I have never understood why this should be “normal” but…

I don’t think it is linked to the size of the return line orifice.

Regards

Brian

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of Pete Zut
Sent: 04 December 2020 12:40
To: europa-list <europa-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: 912ULS fuel return line orifice size

Hi Folks,

I'm currently re-doing my fuel lines and configuration and have discovered my return orifice was made at 1/32" or 0.68mm which is twice the size of the spec'd rotax 0.33 mm or 1/64". It may explain why whenever I turned the electric pump off the pressure would drop to near zero for a couple seconds before recovering to the expected 4-5psi.

Curious what size other folks are running? 0.33mm?

Cheers and thanks,

Pete Z.

Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2] [/url]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

peterz(at)zutrasoft.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject: 912ULS fuel return line orifice size Reply with quote

Many thanks Brian for the info..... I'm relieved to hear that others are
seeing the same, and that Rotax actually published something on it.
Cheers and blue skies Smile
(and I'm leaving the orifice as per the Europa size)

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 8:30 AM Brian Davies <brian.davies44(at)gmail.com>
wrote:

[quote] Hi Pete

If you are running the latest mechanical fuel pump I think you will find
that Rotax have published information that states a brief drop in fuel
pressure is “normal”. I have never understood why this should be “normal”
but…

I don’t think it is linked to the size of the return line orifice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: