912ULS fuel return line orifice size

peterz(at)zutrasoft.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:40 am    Post subject: 912ULS fuel return line orifice size Reply with quote

Hi Folks,
I'm currently re-doing my fuel lines and configuration and have discovered my return orifice was made at 1/32" or 0.68mm which is twice the size of the spec'd rotax 0.33 mm or 1/64".  It may explain why whenever I turned the electric pump off the pressure would drop to near zero for a couple seconds before recovering to the expected 4-5psi.

Curious what size other folks are running? 0.33mm?
Cheers and thanks,
Pete Z.

brian.davies44(at)gmail.c
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject: 912ULS fuel return line orifice size Reply with quote

Hi Pete
If you are running the latest mechanical fuel pump I think you will find that Rotax have published information that states a brief drop in fuel pressure is “normal”.  I have never understood why this should be “normal” but…

I don’t think it is linked to the size of the return line orifice.

Regards

Brian

I'm currently re-doing my fuel lines and configuration and have discovered my return orifice was made at 1/32" or 0.68mm which is twice the size of the spec'd rotax 0.33 mm or 1/64". It may explain why whenever I turned the electric pump off the pressure would drop to near zero for a couple seconds before recovering to the expected 4-5psi.

Curious what size other folks are running? 0.33mm?

Cheers and thanks,

Pete Z.

peterz(at)zutrasoft.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject: 912ULS fuel return line orifice size Reply with quote

Many thanks Brian for the info..... I'm relieved to hear that others are
seeing the same, and that Rotax actually published something on it.
Cheers and blue skies Smile
(and I'm leaving the orifice as per the Europa size)