Request....,Bud

Peter jeffers

Joined: 24 Aug 2020
Location: hp143hr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject: Request....,Bud Reply with quote

Go on then? OR

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Bud Yerly
Sent: 12 October 2020 15:42
Subject: Request....,Bud

I hope this finds you well. Could I ask you a favor?

Thanks

Bud
[img]https://my-email-signature.link/signature.gif?u=1163325&e=116663041&v=d82fdfec925f8f791333813a1c6144fd28a06ac39cec333fd80b2b8580571721[/img]

Pete
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
rlborger(at)mac.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Request....,Bud Reply with quote

What’s up Bud?
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2020, at 9:42 AM, Bud Yerly <budyerly(at)msn.com (budyerly(at)msn.com)> wrote:
I hope this finds you well. Could I ask you a favor?
Thanks

Bud

clivesutton

Location: KENILWORTH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Request....,Bud Reply with quote

I received this as well - Bud, has your email account been hacked?
I challenged the sender to divulge your N-reg and the emails stopped . . .
Clive

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
m(at)grassfam.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject: Request....,Bud Reply with quote

I got a different email with an urgent request to reply to his what’s app account from him. Definitely hacked email

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On Oct 12, 2020, at 1:07 PM, clivesutton <clive.maf(at)googlemail.com> wrote:

I received this as well - Bud, has your email account been hacked?
I challenged the sender to divulge your N-reg and the emails stopped . . .
Clive

n7188u

Joined: 15 Nov 2015

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Request....,Bud Reply with quote

Just spoke with Bud and his was hacked. I was actually so eager to help that I feel for it. They replied asking me to send a google gift card. My wife stopped me Smile I'm sure he will reply to the group as soon as he can but for now don't send a google card Smile
Chris

Fred Klein

Joined: 26 Mar 2012

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Request....,Bud Reply with quote

Thank you for confirmation on this Chris…I too had responded to Bud’s request but became suspicious during an extended email thread (with the hackers as it turns out) and was planning on asking some specific questions apropos to my Europa which only Bud would have the answers to before sending the $$.

Fred

Quote:
On Oct 12, 2020, at 11:08 AM, n7188u <chmgarb(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Just spoke with Bud and his was hacked. I was actually so eager to help that I feel for it. They replied asking me to send a google gift card. My wife stopped me Smile I'm sure he will reply to the group as soon as he can but for now don't send a google card Smile
Chris

n7188u

Joined: 15 Nov 2015

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Request....,Bud Reply with quote

My conversation was not lengthy, I just fell for it and offered to help. They came back asking me to go and buy a $400 google gift card. That's a nice gift!!

Luckily I have a smart wife that pointed out that was a classical scam Smile

Chris

budyerly@msn.com

Joined: 05 Oct 2019
Location: Florida USA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Request....,Bud Reply with quote

This was a surprising hack to me.
History:
I was selling a Europa and the South American Buyer is using a US broker for paying through. I received an email with invoice that was using Microsoft Security, and as soon as I clicked on the MS password ( I have a phone ap that is supposed to be secure) and the next thing I knew, I was pulling the plug as it started to go through my computer, email list, account info using the limited exposure of the MS phone ap. Luckily MS stopped it in its tracks and saved my accounts but there was some peripheral damage requiring an extensive changing of passwords and the all too much fun verification processes. I am glad I am somewhat password and account verification organized but it still takes time to clean up, verify if the account was hacked etc. I'm a guy that knows how to have fun.

I apologize to those of you who were inconvenienced and am blessed to have so many folks call to ensure I was alright, make me aware of the hack/scam. My prayer is none of you were also affected.

Trust me, Anita and I really don't have issues that require external urgent assistance paying for gift cards for our kids or relatives and I really don't have a line on "Hot Russian Women....Looking for men" either.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly