Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuel Pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lom-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikepienaar09(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Thanks again for your help, got my engine started and will check oil level in fuel pump again when I have run it again.

I cannot visualise what the oil does in the fuel pump. I have model 5151.03 and the manual mentions oil in through pressure reducing valve (29)
with the level controlled by a drain hole (31) and out to the scavenge pump  (32) You  say "The pump is just sensing oil pressure"
May I ask you to explain again. 
If it is not too much trouble is there a convenient time for us to chat on the phone?
Thanks again and keep well
Mike
I apologize if this is a duplicate

- The Matronics Lom-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lom-List
sjbeaver(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

The injection system determines how much fuel to deliver by measuring three inputs: Manifold pressure (based on throttle position) atmospheric pressure and oil pressure. Manifold pressure and atmospheric pressure are very much lower than oil pressure, so a pressure reducer is used to get the oil pressure into the same sort of range as the other two.
The purpose of manifold and atmospheric pressure is obvious. The oil pressure is used to provide automatic enrichment for starting. When you are starting the engine, oil pressure is zero so extra fuel is supplied. Once th engine is running, oil pressure comes up and the mixture is automatically leaned to the correct setting. Think of it as a sort of automatic choke. Steve-- Stephen BeaverTel: 614-937 4189

Quote:
On Sep 13, 2020, at 3:24 PM, mike Pienaar <mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com (mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Thanks again for your help, got my engine started and will check oil level in fuel pump again when I have run it again.
I cannot visualise what the oil does in the fuel pump. I have model 5151.03 and the manual mentions oil in through pressure reducing valve (29)
with the level controlled by a drain hole (31) and out to the scavenge pump (32) You say "The pump is just sensing oil pressure"
If it is not too much trouble is there a convenient time for us to chat on the phone?

Mike

I apologize if this is a duplicate

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

mikepienaar09(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Thanks Steve

I was considering using a pre-oil system that has a reservoir of pressurized oil that will fill the oil galeries before start..According to the way I read you explanation this will not work and my mixture at start will not be risch enough?
Thanks
Mike
On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 6:03 PM sjbeaver <sjbeaver(at)gmail.com (sjbeaver(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
The injection system determines how much fuel to deliver by measuring three inputs: Manifold pressure (based on throttle position) atmospheric pressure and oil pressure. Manifold pressure and atmospheric pressure are very much lower than oil pressure, so a pressure reducer is used to get the oil pressure into the same sort of range as the other two.

The purpose of manifold and atmospheric pressure is obvious. The oil pressure is used to provide automatic enrichment for starting. When you are starting the engine, oil pressure is zero so extra fuel is supplied. Once th engine is running, oil pressure comes up and the mixture is automatically leaned to the correct setting. Think of it as a sort of automatic choke.

Steve
-- 
Stephen Beaver
Tel:     614-937 4189

Quote:
On Sep 13, 2020, at 3:24 PM, mike Pienaar <mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com (mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

with the level controlled by a drain hole (31) and out to the scavenge pump  (32) You  say "The pump is just sensing oil pressure"
Mike
I apologize if this is a duplicate

sjbeaver(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

I don't think a pre-oiler would be a problem. The only caveat would be that you might need to wait a few seconds after the pre-oiler pump stops before pressing the starter button. You need the oil pressure to be low so that the injection system can do its stuff. Steve-- Stephen BeaverTel: 614-937 4189

Quote:
On Sep 13, 2020, at 10:25 PM, mike Pienaar <mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com (mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Thanks Steve
I was considering using a pre-oil system that has a reservoir of pressurized oil that will fill the oil galeries before start..According to the way I read you explanation this will not work and my mixture at start will not be risch enough?

Thanks

Mike

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 6:03 PM sjbeaver <sjbeaver(at)gmail.com (sjbeaver(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
The purpose of manifold and atmospheric pressure is obvious. The oil pressure is used to provide automatic enrichment for starting. When you are starting the engine, oil pressure is zero so extra fuel is supplied. Once th engine is running, oil pressure comes up and the mixture is automatically leaned to the correct setting. Think of it as a sort of automatic choke. Steve-- Stephen BeaverTel: 614-937 4189

Quote:
with the level controlled by a drain hole (31) and out to the scavenge pump (32) You say "The pump is just sensing oil pressure"

Mike

I apologize if this is a duplicate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lom-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: