Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Systems for wing filling ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyrenshaw268(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:40 am    Post subject: West Systems for wing filling ?? Reply with quote

Gidday,
Over time I have found exposure to Ampreg products gave me flu type symptoms for a couple of days after use, so I have migrated to the West Systems 105/106 Resin/Hardner combination, with far less issues. I am wondering if others have used it for filling their aircraft, whether it sands well, or whether I should consider something else? I think at this stage I’ll keep to an epoxy based filler, unless I get a compelling argument to use something else. Hoping to get some pearls of wisdom.... thanks in advance.
Regards
Tony Renshaw

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
spcialeffects

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: West Systems for wing filling ?? Reply with quote

Yes i to used the west system for the filling stage on the recommendation from Neville E, It sands much better then the ampreg.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ptag.dev(at)talktalk.net

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject: West Systems for wing filling ?? Reply with quote

You do right Tony , I never had the flu symptoms but have down the years had other lung contaminants Passive smoking, Driving cranes under British Steel Blast Furnace Cast House Floor, Rode motor bike in heavy traffic long journeys, Built a Classing wing Europa With no MASK ever also had pneumonia twice at 3 months and 14 years, So I now have COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)Which has every indication of taking about 5 years off my life which didn't matter then but focuses my mind now, particularly when attempting to build an oxygen Non invasive Ventilator !......because our glorious NHS has me under "house arrest" until Mid July ....but I can open a window !.
They won't afford me one to stay home only when hospitalized or Care home !
But my oximeter says I'm mostly 94% but no more flying over Mont Blanc !

Best Wishes.

Regards
Bob H EX G-PTAG.
--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: