Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tach generator upkeep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draftsjust417(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: tach generator upkeep Reply with quote

Epilogue to my tachometer troubles...
After chasing wires and cleaning connections, I finally disassembled & thoroughly cleaned my hitherto-exposed cannon plug on the Chinese tach generator in the engine compartment. 
Redressing the wire run and c.plug with oil resistant tape, it's run like a champ for the last 4 flights.
Fwd and aft gauges in perfect synch.
So, I'm calling the system fixed.
Thx for all the inputs-
Justin
N280NC

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020, 10:29 AM Justin Drafts <draftsjust417(at)gmail.com (draftsjust417(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Great info, thanks...(Mine is the small, engine-mounted variety)
Justin
On Mon, Apr 6, 2020, 9:44 AM Walter Lannon <wlannon(at)shaw.ca (wlannon(at)shaw.ca)> wrote:

Quote:
Justin;

If you have the later ENGINE mounted Tach. gen. re-greasing of the bearings would be likely a 300-500 hr. unit overhaul function.

If you have the original FIREWALL mounted, cable driven unit, just  throw it away and get the later one from Doug Sapp.

Cheers;

Walt

From: Justin Drafts (draftsjust417(at)gmail.com) Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2020 4:49 PM
To: Tom Elliott (N13472(at)aol.com)
Subject: Re: Re: tach generator upkeep

Ok- Any experiences(s) with a good lube/grease for the tach gen bearings? Justin

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 1:26 PM Tom Elliott <n13472(at)aol.com (n13472(at)aol.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Note it reads Engine RPM not prop

Tom Elliott
CJ-6A NX63727
777 Quartz Ave
PMB 7004
Sandy Valley NV.
Cell 541-297-5497
N13472(at)AOL.COM (N13472(at)AOL.COM)

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Justin Drafts
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2020 8:48 AM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Yak-List: Re: tach generator upkeep

Morning all,

Fast question re: the Housai's tiny tach generator for prop rpm indication.

In the midst of my cond insp, and the RPA checklist notes the tach gen should be removed and "disassembled and bearings repacked with grease."

I've yet to disassemble one.

Where are these bearings (ie- how get to them)?

What grease have y'all successfully used?

Tach gen maint tips & thoughts much appreciated...

Justin Drafts

N280NC

Seattle

Virus-free. www.avg.com

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: