Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tires - crack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wdaniell.longport(at)gmai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Tires - crack Reply with quote

My front tire has cracks in it see attached.  Should I replace it.  Its about 2 years old.
[img]cid:ii_k8q9su850[/img]

Will
William Daniell

LONGPORT

+1 786 878 0246

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

20200405_133039.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  748.76 KB
 Viewed:  3195 Time(s)

20200405_133039.jpg

cakeykev(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject: Tires - crack Reply with quote

I would change it. Should last a lot longer than 2 years. But the newness has clearly worn off.

Kevin Challis
G ODJG

Quote:
On 7 Apr 2020, at 19:58, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com> wrote:

My front tire has cracks in it see attached. Should I replace it. Its about 2 years old.
<20200405_133039.jpg>

Will
William Daniell

LONGPORT

+1 786 878 0246

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

wdaniell.longport(at)gmai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject: Tires - crack Reply with quote

Yeah....i fear i have to.   I dont think that it was the best quality to start with.

William Daniell
LONGPORT
+57 310 295 0744
On Wed, Apr 8, 2020, 03:12 Kevin Challis <cakeykev(at)gmail.com (cakeykev(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
I would change it. Should last a lot longer than 2 years. But the newness has clearly worn off. 

Kevin Challis
G ODJG 

Quote:
On 7 Apr 2020, at 19:58, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com (wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

My front tire has cracks in it see attached.  Should I replace it.  Its about 2 years old.
<20200405_133039.jpg>

Will
William Daniell

LONGPORT

+1 786 878 0246

AirEupora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Tires - crack Reply with quote

Take a look at AC 43.13-1B Chapter 9

9-14. TIRE INSPECTION AND REPAIR. Tires should be inspected frequently for cuts, worn spots, bulges on the side walls, foreign bodies in the treads, and tread condition. Defective or worn tires may be repaired or retreaded. The term, retread, refers to several means of restoring a used tire, whether by applying a new tread alone or tread and side wall material in varying amounts. The following guidelines should be used for tire inspection:
a. Tread Wear. Inspect the tires visually for remaining tread. Tires should be removed when tread has worn to the base of any groove at any spot, or to a minimum depth as specified by the tire or aircraft manufacturer. Tires worn to fabric in the tread area should be removed regardless of the amount of tread remaining.
b. Uneven Wear. If tread wear is excessive on one side, the tire can be dismounted and turned around, providing there is no exposed fabric. Gear misalignment causing this condition should be corrected.
WARNING: Do not probe cuts or embedded foreign objects while tire is inflated.
c. Tread Cuts. Inspect tread for cuts and other foreign object damage, and mark with crayon or chalk. Remove tires that have the following:
(1) Any cuts into the carcass ply. Page 9-10
(2) Cuts extending more than half of the width of a rib and deeper than 50 percent of the remaining groove depth.
(3) Weather checking, cracking, cuts, and snags extending down to the carcass ply in the sidewall and bead areas.
(4) Bulges in any part of tire tread, sidewall, or bead areas that indicate a separation or damaged tire.
(5) Cracking in a groove that exposes fabric or if cracking undercuts tread ribs.
d. Flat Spots. Generally speaking, tires need not be removed because of flat spots due to skid or hydroplane burns unless fabric is exposed. If objectionable unbalance results, remove the tire from service.
e. Beads. Inspect bead areas next to wheel flanges for damage due to excessive heat, especially if brake drag or severe braking has been reported during taxi, takeoff or landing.
f. Tire Clearance. Look for marks on tires, the gear, and in the wheel wells that might indicate rubbing due to inadequate clearance.
g. Surface Condition. The surface condition of a tire can be inspected with the tire on the aircraft. The tread should be checked for abnormal wear. If the tread is worn in the center of the tire but not on the edges, this indicates that the tire is over-inflated and the operational air pressure should be reduced. On the other hand, a tire worn on the edges, but not in the center, indicates under-inflation. These indications are shown in figure 9-7.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: