Builders tool set wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
bechis1(at)att.net
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject: Builders tool set wanted Reply with quote

I am a first-time RV-10 builder and will be needing a complete tool set soon. Will need all of the sheet metal tools plus a band saw and any other recommendations. I was wondering if anyone desires to sell some or all of their set, I will entertain reasonable offers.

Thank you!

Bruce Chisholm
Orlando, Florida

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Albert Gardner

Location: Yuma, AZ

Bruce, I just sold my RV-10 and, after building it, an RV-9A, an RV-12 and helping a buddy on an RV-8, an RV-14,and a Murphy Rebel, don't plan on building any more. I have a lot of tools that I will pass on to someone else just for the cost of shipping them. I know the builders kits are complete but you may be able to use some of what I have and buy the remainder and save some money for gas. My C-Frame for dimpling is the original short arm but did the job for me. I have over a thousand clecos that I was going to put on ebay at 30 cents each. If you have time I will start a list of what's available. I would think the largest shipping charges would be on the bucking bars. Albert

I am a first-time RV-10 builder and will be needing a complete tool set soon. Will need all of the sheet metal tools plus a band saw and any other recommendations. I was wondering if anyone desires to sell some or all of their set, I will entertain reasonable offers.

Thank you!

Bruce Chisholm
Orlando, Florida

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
RV-9A N872RV
RV-10 N991RV
Albert Gardner

Location: Yuma, AZ

Sorry everyone, this was meant for Bruce alone. Albert

[...]

joseph.andresky(at)gmail.
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject: Builders tool set wanted Reply with quote

Hi Albert, I imagine that Bruce probably took you up on your tools, please let me know if he doesn’t, looking to start a build myself as well!
Joe
Quote:

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of AlbertSent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 8:52 AMTo: rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)Subject: RE: Builders tool set wanted

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of bechis1(at)att.net (bechis1(at)att.net)Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 7:31 AMTo: rv10-list(at)matronics.comSubject: Builders tool set wanted

I am a first-time RV-10 builder and will be needing a complete tool set soon. Will need all of the sheet metal tools plus a band saw and any other recommendations. I was wondering if anyone desires to sell some or all of their set, I will entertain reasonable offers.

Thank you!

Bruce Chisholm
Orlando, Florida

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
joseph.andresky(at)gmail.
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Builders tool set wanted Reply with quote

Hello Bruce, just curious if you had anyone other than Albert offer up any tools, looking for a set myself.
Joe
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2020, at 10:30 AM, <bechis1(at)att.net (bechis1(at)att.net)> <bechis1(at)att.net (bechis1(at)att.net)> wrote:
I am a first-time RV-10 builder and will be needing a complete tool set soon. Will need all of the sheet metal tools plus a band saw and any other recommendations. I was wondering if anyone desires to sell some or all of their set, I will entertain reasonable offers.

Thank you!

Bruce Chisholm
Orlando, Florida

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Albert Gardner

Location: Yuma, AZ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Builders tool set wanted Reply with quote

Bruce, I have been contacted by a new builder here and I think the tools I want to get rid off will go to him. No shipping charges and I get to work with him on his plane. Sorry for the false start but I think this will work better. Good luck building. You will love the plane. Albert

PS: Try a magnesium bucking bar, they are pricy but better that steel. Also, find a EAA Chapter, good advice, lots of help and they may lend you the pricy tools (like a pneumatic squeezer) or give you a chance to see if you really need a specific tool as there are many others ways to do things. Like nut plate jigs, hole finders, etc. You can even make washer wrenches from popsicle sticks.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
RV-9A N872RV
RV-10 N991RV
Kelly McMullen

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Sun Lakes AZ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Builders tool set wanted Reply with quote

NOT magnesium. He wants a Tungsten bucking bar...around $100-150, but worth it in the long run. Small to get in tight places, but just as much weight as a big bucking bar.Bucks rivets like butter.
Quote:
Sent from my TRS-80 Model 100

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 5:50 PM Albert <ibspud(at)roadrunner.com (ibspud(at)roadrunner.com)> wrote:

[...]

A&P/IA, EAA Tech Counselor
KCHD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours