Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Builders tool set wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bechis1(at)att.net

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject: Builders tool set wanted Reply with quote

I am a first-time RV-10 builder and will be needing a complete tool set soon. Will need all of the sheet metal tools plus a band saw and any other recommendations. I was wondering if anyone desires to sell some or all of their set, I will entertain reasonable offers.

Thank you!

Bruce Chisholm
Orlando, Florida

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Albert Gardner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject: Builders tool set wanted Reply with quote

Bruce, I just sold my RV-10 and, after building it, an RV-9A, an RV-12 and helping a buddy on an RV-8, an RV-14,and a Murphy Rebel, don't plan on building any more. I have a lot of tools that I will pass on to someone else just for the cost of shipping them. I know the builders kits are complete but you may be able to use some of what I have and buy the remainder and save some money for gas. My C-Frame for dimpling is the original short arm but did the job for me. I have over a thousand clecos that I was going to put on ebay at 30 cents each. If you have time I will start a list of what's available. I would think the largest shipping charges would be on the bucking bars. Albert

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of bechis1(at)att.net
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 7:31 AM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Builders tool set wanted

I am a first-time RV-10 builder and will be needing a complete tool set soon. Will need all of the sheet metal tools plus a band saw and any other recommendations. I was wondering if anyone desires to sell some or all of their set, I will entertain reasonable offers.

Thank you!

Bruce Chisholm
Orlando, Florida

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Albert Gardner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject: Builders tool set wanted Reply with quote

Sorry everyone, this was meant for Bruce alone. Albert

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Albert
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 8:52 AM
Subject: RE: Builders tool set wanted

Bruce, I just sold my RV-10 and, after building it, an RV-9A, an RV-12 and helping a buddy on an RV-8, an RV-14,and a Murphy Rebel, don't plan on building any more. I have a lot of tools that I will pass on to someone else just for the cost of shipping them. I know the builders kits are complete but you may be able to use some of what I have and buy the remainder and save some money for gas. My C-Frame for dimpling is the original short arm but did the job for me. I have over a thousand clecos that I was going to put on ebay at 30 cents each. If you have time I will start a list of what's available. I would think the largest shipping charges would be on the bucking bars. Albert

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of bechis1(at)att.net
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 7:31 AM
Subject: Builders tool set wanted

Thank you!

Bruce Chisholm
Orlando, Florida

joseph.andresky(at)gmail.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject: Builders tool set wanted Reply with quote

Hi Albert, I imagine that Bruce probably took you up on your tools, please let me know if he doesn’t, looking to start a build myself as well!
Joe
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2020, at 12:28 PM, Albert <ibspud(at)roadrunner.com (ibspud(at)roadrunner.com)> wrote:
Sorry everyone, this was meant for Bruce alone. Albert

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of AlbertSent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 8:52 AMTo: rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)Subject: RE: Builders tool set wanted

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of bechis1(at)att.net (bechis1(at)att.net)Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 7:31 AMTo: rv10-list(at)matronics.comSubject: Builders tool set wanted

Thank you!

Bruce Chisholm
Orlando, Florida

joseph.andresky(at)gmail.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Builders tool set wanted Reply with quote

Hello Bruce, just curious if you had anyone other than Albert offer up any tools, looking for a set myself.
Joe
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2020, at 10:30 AM, <bechis1(at)att.net (bechis1(at)att.net)> <bechis1(at)att.net (bechis1(at)att.net)> wrote:

Thank you!

Bruce Chisholm
Orlando, Florida

Albert Gardner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Builders tool set wanted Reply with quote

Bruce, I have been contacted by a new builder here and I think the tools I want to get rid off will go to him. No shipping charges and I get to work with him on his plane. Sorry for the false start but I think this will work better. Good luck building. You will love the plane. Albert

PS: Try a magnesium bucking bar, they are pricy but better that steel. Also, find a EAA Chapter, good advice, lots of help and they may lend you the pricy tools (like a pneumatic squeezer) or give you a chance to see if you really need a specific tool as there are many others ways to do things. Like nut plate jigs, hole finders, etc. You can even make washer wrenches from popsicle sticks.

Kelly McMullen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Builders tool set wanted Reply with quote

NOT magnesium. He wants a Tungsten bucking bar...around $100-150, but worth it in the long run. Small to get in tight places, but just as much weight as a big bucking bar.Bucks rivets like butter.
Quote:
Sent from my TRS-80 Model 100

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 5:50 PM Albert <ibspud(at)roadrunner.com (ibspud(at)roadrunner.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Bruce, I have been contacted by a new builder here and I think the tools I want to get rid off will go to him. No shipping charges and I get to work with him on his plane. Sorry for the false start but I think this will work better. Good luck building. You will love the plane. Albert

PS: Try a magnesium bucking bar, they are pricy but better that steel. Also, find a EAA Chapter, good advice, lots of help and they may lend you the pricy tools (like a pneumatic squeezer) or give you a chance to see if you really need a specific tool as there are many others ways to do things. Like nut plate jigs, hole finders, etc. You can even make washer wrenches from popsicle sticks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: