Kolb-List Digest: 2 Msgs - 02/07/20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
tc1917(at)bellsouth.net
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:27 am    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: 2 Msgs - 02/07/20 Reply with quote

One little thing about starting an oil flow for your 503 after hose replacement; you had better mix oil in your gas close to what is required for normal running. One drop of fresh gas in a cylinder and it us game over. After oil injector is pumping oil and smoking, shut down and change to pure gas (only after you know for positive the bubbles are out of lines!). My two cents. Ted Cowan Alabama Kolb Slinghot 912ul 80hp Zoom

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Feb 8, 2020, at 1:38 AM, Kolb-List Digest Server <kolb-list(at)matronics.com> wrote:

*

Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive

Today's complete Kolb-List Digest can also be found in either of the
two Web Links listed below. The .html file includes the Digest formatted
in HTML for viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes
and Message Navigation. The .txt file includes the plain ASCII version
of the Kolb-List Digest and can be viewed with a generic text editor
such as Notepad or with a web browser.

HTML Version:

http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=html&Chapter 20-02-07&Archive=Kolb

Text Version:

http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=txt&Chapter 20-02-07&Archive=Kolb

EMail Version of Today's List Digest Archive

Kolb-List Digest Archive
---
Total Messages Posted Fri 02/07/20: 2

Today's Message Index:
----------------------

1. 05:30 PM - Hose from oil tank (Dan Ried)
2. 07:34 PM - Re: Hose from oil tank (Richard Pike)

________________________________ Message 1 _____________________________________

Time: 05:30:02 PM PST US
From: Dan Ried <mibear117(at)gmail.com>
Subject: Hose from oil tank

My first time here. I just bought a used firestar11.I have been replacing ru
bber parts that are cracking.I have oil injection on the 503.The hose has cr
acking and needs replacing. It says goodyear 3/8 (9.5mm) is this a original h
ose?It seems to be 3=99.Where would I buy a new one?I have not called K
olb yet. I thought I would message you guys first.Also> what is the process a
fter removing the hose and putting the new one on with filter already in lin
e?Would I connect the oil tank side first keeping the opposite side high abo
ve the tank so it didn=99t come out the end.When ready drop the end an
d let the oil fill the hose before connecting and pinch end when full and co
nnect.I realize I would lose a small amount of oil in the process. I would h
ave a small container under the areas.thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone

________________________________ Message 2 _____________________________________

Time: 07:34:13 PM PST US
Subject: Re: Hose from oil tank
From: "Richard Pike" <thegreybaron(at)charter.net>

Welcome to the asylum.

Easiest way (IMO) would be to remove the hose from the pump, block it with your
finger until you can get it to a catch container and drain the tank. Then remove
the entire hose and filter. NAPA sells good quality oil hose, I have had no
problems with it.

If you have a suitable plug, plug the pump end of your hose and fill the tank with
oil, loosen the plug and get a good flow of oil down the tube into your catch
container, block it with your finger and stick it on the pump, clamp & tighten
everything up. Check your oil filter for air, and tap on it until the air
bubble goes back up to the tank.

I use a syringe to make sure my pump is full of oil before connecting the hose,
but just in case you have an air bubble in the pump, pull on your oil pump cable
such that the pump is wide open and clip an alligator clip or similar on it
to keep the pump at max, start the engine and let it run at around 3,000 until
it starts to really blow smoke. Shut er down, remove the clip, check your
pump mark alignment, and you ought to be good to go.

To the other inmates: did I forget anything?

--------
Richard Pike
Kolb MKIII N420P (420ldPoops)
Kolb Firefly Part 103 legal
Kingsport, TN 3TN0

Forgiving is tough, being forgiven is wonderful, and God's grace really is amazing.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
mibear117(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: 2 Msgs - 02/07/20 Reply with quote

Thanks for the input>Ted,Kato,Richard. Today I bought the best Napa had.3/8in.400psi made in the USA gates transmission oil cooler hose sae j1019

Sent from my iPhone

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours