Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Hauck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johngilpin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject: John Hauck Reply with quote

Sad to hear of the end of that era...... 
But I guess eras do have to pass, and you certainly did fill that one to the max! You did it all, several times over. Not just dreaming and talking about it but out there doing it. Wasn't much more that could have been done anyhow....
Now I need to push again - we really do need you to put a bunch of those adventures into print so we all can share. It's not that hard, and you do have the story-telling skills and language skills to make it really interesting. Some of us have heard bits of it before, but not nearly enough. And hopefully those stories will inspire others to get out and do similar instead of just fly around the same patch. 
I know it's hard to get started on such a big project. From experience, don't try to start at the beginning, but just open Word and start anywhere. That will bring memories that link and fill in. Pretty soon, when you are rolling around in bed sleepless in the early hours of the morning, memories will come back and you can't wait to add them to the tale. Dig through old photos, and each will remind a story. Once you get started it gets to be a really good activity for this time of life when you don't have big projects to keep active. 
I've just finished compiling stories of my early adventure travels in the 60's, and it's turned out to be a very satisfying experience. Took years to get started, but once going it was a lot of fun reliving it all. I'll send you a PM with a link to that story, hoping it might help get you going.
Enjoy reliving all your adventures!
Cheers,
JG

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
striplic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: John Hauck Reply with quote

John... Thanks for all the information, encouragement and advice you have given the Kolb fraternity of builders/fliers over the years. You were a trail blazer and an inspiration to us all. Cliff Stripling (Quickie 1, Kolb MK III - 1995-6, Piper Cub L-4 restored, Vans RV7-A, Zenith CH 701... now helping to restore a tornado damaged Kolb Firestar 1)

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: