Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tri-Gear Conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mallard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Tri-Gear Conversion Reply with quote

Hi all,
Has anyone on the forum done the Tri-Gear Conversion?

If yes, I'd be interested to know how difficult a task it is to undertake?

Also,
Would anyone know if there is a Complete Tri-Gear Conversion Kit for sale?

Thanks
James

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

JonathanMilbank

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Tri-Gear Conversion Reply with quote

Yes I've done it, but with the help of the late Neville Eyre to do the critical tasks of setting up the main legs with his jig and bonding their sockets into the baggage bay. This task isn't for the faint-hearted and I did much of the stripping out, cleaning and preparation to help Nev along.

The kit components are still available from Europa as far as I know, but you might have to wait a while for Karen to source items like undercarriage legs, which might not be kept in stock for immediate dispatch.

The end result was an aircraft a little slower and maybe 15 kg heavier, but a joy to land without worry after 15 years as a mono-wheel.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Mallard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Tri-Gear Conversion Reply with quote

JonathanMilbank wrote:
Yes I've done it, but with the help of the late Neville Eyre to do the critical tasks of setting up the main legs with his jig and bonding their sockets into the baggage bay. This task isn't for the faint-hearted and I did much of the stripping out, cleaning and preparation to help Nev along.

The kit components are still available from Europa as far as I know, but you might have to wait a while for Karen to source items like undercarriage legs, which might not be kept in stock for immediate dispatch.

The end result was an aircraft a little slower and maybe 15 kg heavier, but a joy to land without worry after 15 years as a mono-wheel.

Thanks for the info Jonathan.
I contacted Andy Draper and he gave me the following names:
"Europa (Swift) will do the conversion for you. I don't know the cost, though. Another place you could try is Targett Aviation (Toby Willcox) at Nympsfield airfield, or in the Midlands, there's EES (Richard Kilham)"

I've emailed them all for quotes today and will await their responses.

Regarding the Tri-Gear Conversion Kit, yes it's advertised on the Europa Site (at) £5000.

Cheers
James

Europa48

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Tri-Gear Conversion Reply with quote

What is the reason for you wanting to do a conversion to a tri-gear?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: