Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

silicone classic hose set - reviews and availability?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterz(at)zutrasoft.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: silicone classic hose set - reviews and availability? Reply with quote

Hi folks, my bird is due for a full set, and I was debating whether to go for the factory hoses or the blue silicone hoses I've seen advertised and mentioned in the past on the list.
are these still available?  And if they are, do folks have some reviews on their longevity etc?
Cheers and thanks,
Pete
C-GNPZ classic

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
JonathanMilbank

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: silicone classic hose set - reviews and availability? Reply with quote

Before I converted my aircraft from Classic to "Nev Eyre" firewall forward, six years ago, I had a full silicone set from the Swedish? guy and they were excellent! When I did the conversion, I bought the appropriate replacement hoses and they're also superb. But don't do like a friend of mine and let a silicone hose clad in reflective fire-sleeve touch the silencer, because it did eventually burn through and leak.

One word of warning. Use good quality jubilee clips, which have both edges angled a little away from the hose surface to avoid cutting into the silicone. "Cheepo" hose clips are a definite no-no! Also good are the clips which you open wider with vice grips to slide over the hoses before releasing the grips, once each clip is in the desired position.

I don't know whether the Swedish? guy still advertises in the club magazine. I believe that rubber hoses should be changed very 5 years, while silicone ones should last at least 10.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

clivesutton

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: silicone classic hose set - reviews and availability? Reply with quote

Peter, as per the reply made on the Facebook Europa Owners Group 9for wider interest):

I bought the red set from Europa aircraft and one of them blew under pressure (static max RPM testing on the ground whilst setting up full fine pitch) - and after not many hours - so i wasn't very impressed.

The reinforcement in those hoses ran along their length and circumferrentially - Rotax hoses have that reinforcement running helically along the length of their hoses. So that's worth checking on the blue ones if you get them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: