Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Europa monowheel instrument panel cad drawing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Europa monowheel instrument panel cad drawing Reply with quote

Hello all,
I've searched the forums high and low for a cad drawing of a Monowheel instrument panel blank. I did come across one drawing and downloaded, but was unusable for me.
I've cut several 0.080" aluminum panels for certified aircraft on my cnc router and would now like to cut a panel for the Europa Monowheel.
If someone has gone to the trouble of all the trial fitting of paper or hardboard test blanks and might wish to share their .dxf or .ai file would be greatly appreciated!
My preferred design and toolpathing software is Rhinocad and can utilize a variety of file types if .dxf or .ai isn't available to be shared. Any help or suggestions much appreciated.
Kind regards, Richard

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
h&jeuropa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Europa monowheel instrument panel cad drawing Reply with quote

Rich,

Try these. In my Europa I extended the pilot panel vertically and horizontally so this drawing may be too big but the curve is correct. I'm not sure if this dxf is the original or my changed panel. Just make a plastic overlay using the file and see.

Jim

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

europanl.dxf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  europanl.dxf
 Filesize:  39.43 KB
 Downloaded:  388 Time(s)

radiopanl.dxf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  radiopanl.dxf
 Filesize:  94.65 KB
 Downloaded:  381 Time(s)

n7188u

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Europa monowheel instrument panel cad drawing Reply with quote

Richard,

I modeled the panel module for my mono in SolidWorks and created what I want to be the panel in my airplane. I have printed the panels full size and checked them in my module for fit (and adjusted as necessary). As it can be appreciated in the picture, I am going for a different panel arrangement than traditionally used. I am looking for a VFR only panel at this point.

I am not going to use the IFD-NET instruments shown in the picture since they have proven not ready for prime time when I tried to install (read wasted my time) them in my LongEZ (too bad since it is a great concept with descent hardware, they just don't know what they are doing from a software standpoint).

I can provide DXF but please note that my panels are subdivided in subpanels. I am doing this because I think it looks neat but also because I want to modify things often and rather have a number of smaller panels to change. I am also going to individually connectorize each panel to make removal easier (like airliners do).

Anyway, let me know if interested in the dxf. I will need a few days to get to the computer and convert to dxf. I can also do a dxf of the entire module so that you can convert the modular panels into larger panels as in the original Europa.

Warning: don't trust the fiberglass instrument panel module model, it's just an approximation of the real one. The panels themself are accurate, not the module.

Regards,
Chris

Panel with iFly 2.JPG
 Description:
Rendering of europa mono panel in SW.
 Filesize:  127.45 KB
 Viewed:  5507 Time(s)

Panel with iFly 2.JPG

rowlandcarson(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: Europa monowheel instrument panel cad drawing Reply with quote

On 2019-08-13, at 02:31, Rich <rick46(at)telus.net> wrote:

Quote:
I've searched the forums high and low for a cad drawing of a Monowheel instrument panel blank. I did come across one drawing and downloaded, but was unusable for me.
I've cut several 0.080" aluminum panels for certified aircraft on my cnc router and would now like to cut a panel for the Europa Monowheel.
If someone has gone to the trouble of all the trial fitting of paper or hardboard test blanks and might wish to share their .dxf or .ai file would be greatly appreciated!
My preferred design and toolpathing software is Rhinocad and can utilize a variety of file types if .dxf or .ai isn't available to be shared. Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Richard - I’m attaching a some DXF & PDF files to this message. Not sure how Matronics will treat them, but if they don’t get through or you have any problems opening/reading them please get back to me & I’ll send them direct to you. I use CADintosh (and occasionally TurboCAD Mac) but both seem to play nicely with .DXF files.

One set is of the main panel and one is of the radio panel. I used the DXF file of the radio panel to have the factory-supplied blank water-jet cut by a local firm, and the PDFs of both panels to have the legends laser-etched by another outfit (after black-anodising by a 3rd company). I believe in USA one can find one-stop shops for all that.

The radio panel .DXF export is only the basic layer - if you want the full layout with instrument holes etc please ask.

You can see some of the results at:

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/water_jet_cut.php
http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/radio_panel_populated.php

Hope this is of some use.

in friendship

Rowland

| Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
| <rowlandcarson(at)gmail.com> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk
| Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson

main_panel_v01_dim.DXF
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  main_panel_v01_dim.DXF
 Filesize:  30.24 KB
 Downloaded:  355 Time(s)

main_panel_v01_dim.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  main_panel_v01_dim.pdf
 Filesize:  25.21 KB
 Downloaded:  387 Time(s)

radio_panel_v11.DXF
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  radio_panel_v11.DXF
 Filesize:  110.11 KB
 Downloaded:  350 Time(s)

radio_text.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  radio_text.pdf
 Filesize:  12.54 KB
 Downloaded:  1358 Time(s)

Rich

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Europa monowheel instrument panel cad drawing Reply with quote

Thank you Jim, Chris and Rowland. I am quite amazed the responses I have received from you all of you!
As you mentioned in your reply Rowland, in the US I expect there may be one stop services for panel cutting, painting and etching services.
Fortunately I don't live in the US, but rather in British Columbia, Canada... where things are not always so convenient.
I've downloaded your .dxf files and look very good Rowland. No segmented curves! Though we in Canada are supposed to be using the metric system of measure, many are not...
When downloading to Rhinocad, I converted your drawings to imperial measure, I ended up with a rather microscopic scaled version of your perfect drawing.
It appears it is time for me to become multi-lingual, so to speak and start drawing using the metric system of measure in earnest.
I've been told by European engineering types that the metric system is far superior to imperial and easier to use?
In any case, thank you so much for taking the time to reply and forward drawings that I am hoping will be of great use to me.
Kind regards, Richard

bshafer708(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Europa monowheel instrument panel cad drawing Reply with quote

For my panels, I used Front Panel Express. They provide a CAD program that
can be used with the DXF file to place any holes, openings, and text on
different types of materials, thickness and colors for panels. Its really
easy to use and will price out the panel right in the software. My main
panel cost $150USD and arrived in about a week. Not sure how they ship to
locations outside of the US.

I attached 2 JPEGs with pics of my panels in their software, really pics of
the panels, and the dxf files for those same panels. Mine is a trigear so
the panel isn't going to work for a Mono but it shows some other options.

Hope this helps.
Brad

--

Main_Panel_v8.dxf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Main_Panel_v8.dxf
 Filesize:  145.39 KB
 Downloaded:  380 Time(s)

Right_Radio_Panel_v3.dxf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Right_Radio_Panel_v3.dxf
 Filesize:  2.48 KB
 Downloaded:  330 Time(s)

n7188u

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Europa monowheel instrument panel cad drawing Reply with quote

Rich,

I am embarrassed to admit I didn't follow up on this request. Before I had a chance to create the DXF files for you we had hurricane Dorian heading our way and had to prepare and move things around the house (and state). I have to admit that I have not been able to get up to full speed since then (particularly I will admit I hate working on the computer at home after a full day in front of one at work so I tend to procrastinate in stuff like this).

I have converted the files and could post them. Do you still need them? Please keep in mind that, if you look at the picture I posted a while back, my panel is composed of a number of smaller panels so you need to but the module in a way that leaves sufficient material to attach each panel.

Chris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: