Europa-List: New Europa Tri-Gear owner, looking for trailer

duanefamly(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Europa-List: New Europa Tri-Gear owner, looking for trailer Reply with quote

Congratulations on your acquisition. Are you close enough to Oshkosh to make the show? I trailer my conventional gear Europa in a 26 ft enclosed trailer. But I’m pretty sure this would not fit in a single car garage. Look to the folks in Europe that have open trailers and are designed for the Europa.
Mike Duane
Europa XS Conventional Gear
N377EA
Las Vegas

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Tazmool (tazmool(at)gmail.com)
Sent: â€ŽTuesday‎, ‎July‎ ‎16‎, ‎2019 ‎9‎:‎56‎ ‎PM
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com (europa-list(at)matronics.com)

--> Europa-List message posted by: "Tazmool" <tazmool(at)gmail.com>

Greetings Everyone,

I am a proud new owner of a 2005 Europa Tri-Gear.
One of the features that drew me to this design was the ability to fold up onto a trailer, however my plane did not come with one Sad
(it was kept in a hangar its entire life)

I live in Canada, there are no Europa resources, trailer builders here as far as I know.  That leaves only the option to design and build one myself.

Are there any designs, templates, cad drawings available for the Tri-Gear trailer? this would help a lot!
I'm hoping to retain the ability to fit into a single car garage.

Any and all Help would be greatly appreciated!

Tazmool

_-= Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ,
_-= Photoshare, and much much more:
_-=
_-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
_-=
_-============================================================
_-=               - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
_-= Same great content also available via the Web Forums!
_-=
_-=   --> http://forums.matronics.com
_-=
_-============================================================
_-=              - NEW MATRONICS LIST WIKI -
_-= Add some info to the Matronics Email List Wiki!
_-=   --> http://wiki.matronics.com
_-============================================================
_-=             - List Contribution Web Site -
_-=  Thank you for your generous support!
_-=                              -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
_-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/contribution

Roland

Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Location: EDLE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Europa-List: New Europa Tri-Gear owner, looking for trai Reply with quote

I agree with Mike, that it should be difficult to say the least to store a Trigear in a car garage on ist Trailer, especially an enclosed one.

My Trigear lives in an enclosed trailer from Anschau and I rig it single hand any time I go flying, which is a non-event.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914

Rigging 1.jpg
 Filesize:  105.92 KB
 Viewed:  3410 Time(s)

Rigging 1.jpg

h&jeuropa

Joined: 07 Nov 2006

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Europa-List: New Europa Tri-Gear owner, looking for trai Reply with quote

If you are a member of the Europa Club, there is an article in a past issue of the Europa Flyer concerning a tri gear trailer which is open, not enclosed. There also are drawings of a custom enclosed trailer.

There is at least one tri gear owner I am aware of that stores his in an enclosed trailer. I will ask him to contact you.

I'm pretty certain other tri gear owners use commonly available trailers with a few modifications. Perhaps Bud Yerly will comment on trailers his customers use.

Where in Canada are you located? There may be Europa owners near you I can refer to you.

Jim Butcher
Europa Club North America Representative

Tazmool

Joined: 11 Jul 2019
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Europa-List: New Europa Tri-Gear owner, looking for trai Reply with quote

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I am a Europa Club member (just joined), the previous owner did point out the article with the open trailer that fits into a single car garage (tri-gear) its an older article, I wish I could find the person who built that trailer and maybe get some drawings from them, as I think it would work perfectly!

The end-goal is the find some way to store my Europa in my garage, its just a 2 car garage, and to be able to bring the plane to-form the local airfield.

If possible, if the airplane could fit into the garage while on the trailer, that would be great. If it needs to come on-off every time, that is something I can live with.

A fully enclosed trailer for transportation and storage is not something I had considered (I have a small tow vehicle, 2000lbs tow rating) but maybe possible in the future?

I live in South Western Ontario, Canada. I know two Europa owners here, both keep their planes full time in a hangar, (I purchased my plane from one of them) and currently my Europa is in a hangar 1.5hrs away from me.

I'm still working on a few things on the Europa to get it into the air (including working on my own currency/recency with my PPL)

Unfortunately I don't think I can make Oshkosh this year, work schedule conflict.

Tazmool