5 point harness

wdaniell.longport(at)gmai
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:05 am    Post subject: 5 point harness Reply with quote

I seem to recall that there is at least one europaphile with a five point harness...in europe i seem to recall.  I cant find the thread on the forum.

I have a very reclined seat due to my height and am concerned that in case of an impact might slide under the belt.  Hence my interest in anti submarine belt aka crotch strap.
Can anyone help?

William Daniell
+1 786 878 0246

Fred Klein

Joined: 26 Mar 2012

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: 5 point harness Reply with quote

I believe that would be Raimo Tolvio.

Quote:
On Jun 29, 2020, at 5:04 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com> wrote:

I seem to recall that there is at least one europaphile with a five point harness...in europe i seem to recall. I cant find the thread on the forum.

I have a very reclined seat due to my height and am concerned that in case of an impact might slide under the belt. Hence my interest in anti submarine belt aka crotch strap.

Can anyone help?

William Daniell
+1 786 878 0246

wdaniell.longport(at)gmai
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: 5 point harness Reply with quote

Thanks fred

William Daniell
LONGPORT
+57 310 295 0744
On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, 18:27 fklein(at)orcasonline.com (fklein(at)orcasonline.com) <fklein(at)orcasonline.com (fklein(at)orcasonline.com)> wrote:

Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "fklein(at)orcasonline.com (fklein(at)orcasonline.com)" <fklein(at)orcasonline.com (fklein(at)orcasonline.com)>

I believe that would be Raimo Tolvio.

> On Jun 29, 2020, at 5:04 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com (wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
>
> I seem to recall that there is at least one europaphile with a five point harness...in europe i seem to recall.  I cant find the thread on the forum.
>
> I have a very reclined seat due to my height and am concerned that in case of an impact might slide under the belt.  Hence my interest in anti submarine belt aka crotch strap.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> William Daniell
> +1 786 878 0246

===========
pa-List" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

Roland

Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Location: EDLE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 point harness Reply with quote

Hi Daniell,

how do you achieve a reclined seat position due to your hight
without running out of
space for your legs?
Did you also increase the distance to the rudder pedals?

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914

wdaniell.longport(at)gmai
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject: 5 point harness Reply with quote

Roland
I dont seem to have photos of my seat so I will take some if I remember when I next go to the hangar.  Here's a pic of the right seat.    It has a hinge and removable wedges to adjust the under thigh support.  this photo is
[img]cid:ii_kc2e19hw1[/img]

without the wedges.  My instructor flew from that seat the other day and pronounced it comfortable
[img]cid:ii_kc2e00vf0[/img]

The rudder pedals are in the standard location.
My principle with the aircraft was to make it as light as possible.
The seat I made for myself from composite/coremat. It is about 1/4" thick.   It is designed to support my weight evenly from shoulder blades through to back of thigh so that almost no padding is required.  Today I fly with just a sheepskin - no foam.  I am aware of the issue of hard landing and compression but  I  considered that the lack of padding would be mitigated by distributing my weight over a wider area.
There is about an inch from my headphones to the plexi
As it happened when I flew from Colombia to USA I flew every day for two weeks up to 5 hours a day and was never uncomfortable.
William Daniell

LONGPORT

+1 786 878 0246
On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 2:43 AM Roland <schmidtroland(at)web.de (schmidtroland(at)web.de)> wrote:

Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "Roland" <schmidtroland(at)web.de (schmidtroland(at)web.de)>

Hi Daniell,

how do you achieve a reclined seat position due to your hight without running out of space for your legs? Did you also increase the distance to the rudder pedals?

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914

===========
pa-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

IMG_6119_(1).jpg
 Filesize:  606.52 KB
 Viewed:  4447 Time(s)

IMG_6119_(1).jpg

IMG_6121.jpg
 Filesize:  599.69 KB
 Viewed:  4447 Time(s)

IMG_6121.jpg

Back to top
Roland

Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Location: EDLE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 point harness Reply with quote

Thanks for clarification, Daniell - interesting! I'm not that tall with 1,82 metres but cockpit space is the only thing I'm missing a bit in the Europa. However I have to add, that I'm wearing a parachute and without it I'd have 2-3 Inches more legroom. What also might contribute to comfort in your plane, especially on longer flights, is perhaps the less upright position of the upper body. I can see on the photos, that you also have cropped control sticks installed, which provide more space to the front edge of the seat.

Cheers
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914

wdaniell.longport(at)gmai
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:33 am    Post subject: 5 point harness Reply with quote

Fred,
didnt you design a headrest "extension" to raise the shoulder height of the harness?  I can find the posts but not the the design/pics on the forum.  If it was you would you mind sending me some pics and the design
thanks
Will
William Daniell

LONGPORT