Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advices on Roserrow (or other potential UK DOTH locations)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clivesutton

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject: Advices on Roserrow (or other potential UK DOTH locations)? Reply with quote

I've a particular interest in using my Europa to visit UK seaside or island locations with good facilities. So given its combination of location and facilities, the location below is a firm candidate (£20/night under-wing camping with full use of club facilities and restaurant on-site/close to the sea - or £100/night for a room).

Wondered if anyone has visited Roserrow in a Monowheel? The RWY is apparently only 420M, has a road at the end of it and is reported to be 'a bit bumpy'.

If you have visited. could you elucidate?

https://www.thepointatpolzeath.co.uk/air-field/
Clive.

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Dave Disney

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Advices on Roserrow (or other potential UK DOTH location Reply with quote

Hello Clive,

I visited Roserrow last year for the first time. I landed on runway 25 and didn't find it particularly challenging but I operate out of WestonZoyland which has similar length runways. I was able to pull up long before the roadway which I took a look at before I left, I wouldn't recommend going over it but I've probably encountered worse so it may be OK at slow speed but best avoided. To my surprise there was another mono on the strip when I departed which conforms it's suitability.

Landing on 07 may be a bit more challenging as there is a valley on the approach so the ground is rising, I think you will have to be quite accurate on touchdown, maybe others have done it and care to comment. The farm buildings you see on the left of the picture are on the other side of the valley.

The club was very accommodating, fees are reasonable and the walk to Polzeath enjoyable. I can't wait to go back again.

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

20180715_145404.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.2 MB
 Viewed:  2722 Time(s)

20180715_145404.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: