Europa-List Digest: 5 Msgs - 01/24/19

Jim Kelly

Location: England

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:17 am    Post subject: Europa-List Digest: 5 Msgs - 01/24/19 Reply with quote

Has anyone fitted an Icon a220t in place of a Bendix King KX 155. If so was the refit easy or not. Cheers Jim G-BWEG

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019, 07:37 Europa-List Digest Server <europa-list(at)matronics.com (europa-list(at)matronics.com) wrote:

Quote:
*

 =========================
   Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive
 =========================

Today's complete Europa-List Digest can also be found in either of the
two Web Links listed below.  The .html file includes the Digest formatted
in HTML for viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes
and Message Navigation.  The .txt file includes the plain ASCII version
of the Europa-List Digest and can be viewed with a generic text editor
such as Notepad or with a web browser.

HTML Version:

    http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=html&Chapter=2019-01-24&Archive=Europa

Text Version:

    http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=txt&Chapter=2019-01-24&Archive=Europa

 =======================
   EMail Version of Today's List Digest Archive
 =======================

                           Europa-List Digest Archive
                                      ---
                     Total Messages Posted Thu 01/24/19: 5

Today's Message Index:
----------------------

     1. 12:06 AM - Re: Anything for sale?  (John Wighton)
     2. 05:06 AM - Tinnerman Washers  (Roger Sheridan)
     3. 12:33 PM - Re: Tinnerman Washers  (Matt Dovey)
     4. 04:17 PM - Re: Re: Anything for sale?  (Fred Klein)
     5. 04:39 PM - Re: Re: Anything for sale?  (Fred Klein)

________________________________  Message 1  _____________________________________

Time: 12:06:22 AM PST US
Subject: Re: Anything for sale?
From: "John Wighton" <john(at)wighton.net (john(at)wighton.net)>

I would sell the engine and fit a Rotax.  As l said its a project.

JW

--------
John Wighton
Europa XS trigear G-IPOD

________________________________  Message 2  _____________________________________

Time: 05:06:04 AM PST US
From: Roger Sheridan <rogersheridan(at)mac.com (rogersheridan(at)mac.com)>
Subject: Tinnerman Washers

Does anybody know a UK stockist for stainless tinnerman washers apart from Europa
& LAS please?
(I need about 40 for another project).
Thanks,
Roger

________________________________  Message 3  _____________________________________

Time: 12:33:39 PM PST US
Subject: Re: Tinnerman Washers
From: "Matt Dovey" <mattdovey(at)hotmail.co.uk (mattdovey(at)hotmail.co.uk)>

You can try https://www.airpart.co.uk/ or https://www.adamsaviation.com/

________________________________  Message 4  _____________________________________

Time: 04:17:59 PM PST US
From: Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com (freddythek10(at)gmail.com)>
Subject: Re: Re: Anything for sale?

Bruno Reith's Smart Turbo Europa took him down a unique path. As I recall, the
installation was engineered by Otto Funk and a series of photos were posted, I
believe, on this list. It appeared to be a carefully built aircraft w/ much attention
to detail. I would be most curious to know what prevented flight testing.
I certainly hope it finds a new home with an adventurous owner.

Fred

> On Jan 24, 2019, at 12:05 AM, John Wighton <john(at)wighton.net (john(at)wighton.net)> wrote:
>

> I would sell the engine and fit a Rotax.  As l said its a project.
>
> JW
>
> --------
> John Wighton
> Europa XS trigear G-IPOD
>

> Read this topic online here:

________________________________  Message 5  _____________________________________

Time: 04:39:39 PM PST US
From: Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com (freddythek10(at)gmail.com)>

A bit more regarding Bruno Reith=99s Europathe confusion
about whether it is a Classic or an XS stems from the fact that Bruno
had access to the forward portion of a Classic which he sent off to the
folks who were fabricating his engine mount and cowlings to use as a
jigthe aircraft itself is an XS with the exception of his
unique engine installation and cowlings.

I pass along this text, written by Bruno back in 2007; unfortunately, I
can=99t seem to open the photos he=99d sent me:

<mailto:UVTReith(at)aol.com (UVTReith(at)aol.com)> wrote:

> Hi Fred,

> at present the plane is still in Tschech Republic at the Europa
Aircraft workshop.
> They made "fine trimming and correcting of my built", engine
installation, painting and  interieur.
> I will pick it up (800 km drive to that location) on the 3rd of
Oktober.

> As the job "fine trimming and correcting of my built" was taking
longer than I thought, I dought that I can do the first go before winter
time. Still some works to do like instrument and com/nav installations,
final inspection etc. I will do this in the workshop on our airfield
now.

> smartBrabus:
> I used a firewall from a crashed Classic Europa, installed this to a
steel tube working frame, getting the XS cowlling and gave this to
ecofly. They are using the smart engines (all same sizes) for their
microlights FK9.
> For the Europa we used the same engine mounting frame but laminated
Aluplates in the front of the fuselage and we are using on the upper
mounts an u-shaped alu bar to keep the engine torques.

> The cowling is changed with smaller inlet for the water cooler and two
larger inlets for the turbo charger cooler and for the combined
airbox/heat exchanger for cabin heater.

> The 23 A/h gel accu  isn't installed at present, we do this here after
instrument installations etc.

> More about this Europa plane later, but I have added some
pics.<image.tiff><image.tiff>

> There is however one bad point:
> It is nor quite sure, if Mercedes will produce this engine anymore.
> This engine was designed for the smart sport car and this production
was stopped.
> Maybe they will use this engine for the smart fourfour now, I don't
know.

> More info on that on www.ecofly.de <http://www.ecofly.de/> , they have
all information also in english, including manual and info about the
MIP-System. The TBO of this engine is 2.000 hour and will go up to 2.500
hours.
> I have of course also your wing cover with CreativeAir LED-nav. lights
and LED taillight.

<mailto:schmidtroland(at)web.de (schmidtroland(at)web.de)>> wrote:

<mailto:schmidtroland(at)web.de (schmidtroland(at)web.de)>>

> It's the Europa of Bruno Reith, the german Europa representative who
unfortunately died in 2015. It's (contrary to the Ad and AFAIK)
completely an XS Kit, not a Classic and is/was nicely finished from what
I have seen. The engine https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecofly_M160
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecofly_M160>  is quite interesting from
an economical point of view and state of the art, however not very
popular.

> Regards
> Roland
> PH-ZTI