Salt Lake City airports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
cgroote1(at)yahoo.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject: Salt Lake City airports Reply with quote

This next month I’ll be flying into Salt Lake City, arriving from and departing to the east. Purpose is to eat at In-N-Out as well as go downtown. Any suggestions on an airport to use?

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Kellym

Location: Sun Lakes AZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Salt Lake City airports Reply with quote

I don't recall the locations of the IN and Out burger shops. While SLC
is closest to downtown, Bountiful (BTF) is much more GA friendly, has
both self serve 100LL and 91 octane Mogas, as well as they can get Hertz
car for you on field. U42 is a distance from downtown.
For either SLC or BTF you will need Class B clearance. They are pretty
good about working you in. Rwy 17/35 is normal GA at SLC. I believe
there are still a couple RV-10s based at BTF.

On 1/15/2019 8:56 AM, Curtis Groote wrote:
Quote:

This next month I’ll be flying into Salt Lake City, arriving from and departing to the east. Purpose is to eat at In-N-Out as well as go downtown. Any suggestions on an airport to use?

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Kelly McMullen
A&P/IA, EAA Tech Counselor # 5286
KCHD
philperry9

Joined: 23 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject: Salt Lake City airports Reply with quote

Sean Strasburg and Scott Schmidt should be able to help with all the local knowledge you could ask for.

They’re both local and flying in and out of there regularly.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jan 15, 2019, at 2:12 PM, Kelly McMullen <kellym(at)aviating.com> wrote:

I don't recall the locations of the IN and Out burger shops. While SLC is closest to downtown, Bountiful (BTF) is much more GA friendly, has both self serve 100LL and 91 octane Mogas, as well as they can get Hertz car for you on field. U42 is a distance from downtown.
For either SLC or BTF you will need Class B clearance. They are pretty good about working you in. Rwy 17/35 is normal GA at SLC. I believe there are still a couple RV-10s based at BTF.

> On 1/15/2019 8:56 AM, Curtis Groote wrote:
>
> This next month I’ll be flying into Salt Lake City, arriving from and departing to the east. Purpose is to eat at In-N-Out as well as go downtown. Any suggestions on an airport to use?

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
n520tx(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject: Salt Lake City airports Reply with quote

I've used South Valley Regional; U42; in the past. Nothing but good
words about them. There's an In-n-Out right at the south end of the
field. Rental and crew cars were readily available. About 13ish mile
drive to downtown SLC.

Make SURE you hit R&R BBQ in downtown SLC ... best BBQ west of Texas.

--Ron

On 1/15/19 2:12 PM, Kelly McMullen wrote:
Quote:

I don't recall the locations of the IN and Out burger shops. While SLC
is closest to downtown, Bountiful (BTF) is much more GA friendly, has
both self serve 100LL and 91 octane Mogas, as well as they can get Hertz
car for you on field. U42 is a distance from downtown.
For either SLC or BTF you will need Class B clearance. They are pretty
good about working you in. Rwy 17/35 is normal GA at SLC. I believe
there are still a couple RV-10s based at BTF.

On 1/15/2019 8:56 AM, Curtis Groote wrote:

> This next month I’ll be flying into Salt Lake City, arriving from and
> departing to the east. Purpose is to eat at In-N-Out as well as go
> downtown. Any suggestions on an airport to use?

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
dan(at)syz.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Salt Lake City airports Reply with quote

I've flown directly into SLC a couple of times, and found them perfectly accommodating for GA. Never been refused entry into Class B, but I always do those flights with a VFR flight plan specifying a destination airport in the class B so maybe that helps since they're ready and expecting you...

Quote:
On 2019-Jan-15, at 8:56 AM, Curtis Groote <cgroote1(at)yahoo.com> wrote:

This next month I’ll be flying into Salt Lake City, arriving from and departing to the east. Purpose is to eat at In-N-Out as well as go downtown. Any suggestions on an airport to use?

---
Dan Charrois
President, Syzygy Research & Technology
Phone: 780-961-2213

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
isaac.schantz(at)gmail.co
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Salt Lake City airports Reply with quote

I'm 10 minutes from South Valley Regioinal (U42) and have been flying out of there as a student pilot for 1 1/2 years and I echo Ron Walker's comments.  If you have an RV-10, would love to see it.

Isaac Schantz
RV-10 Builder 41847
60% complete (building for just less than 1 year)
On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 2:36 PM Dan Charrois <dan(at)syz.com (dan(at)syz.com)> wrote:

Quote:
--> RV10-List message posted by: Dan Charrois <dan(at)syz.com (dan(at)syz.com)>

I've flown directly into SLC a couple of times, and found them perfectly accommodating for GA.  Never been refused entry into Class B, but I always do those flights with a VFR flight plan specifying a destination airport in the class B so maybe that helps since they're ready and expecting you...

> On 2019-Jan-15, at 8:56 AM, Curtis Groote <cgroote1(at)yahoo.com (cgroote1(at)yahoo.com)> wrote:
>
> --> RV10-List message posted by: Curtis Groote <cgroote1(at)yahoo.com (cgroote1(at)yahoo.com)>
>
> This next month I’ll be flying into Salt Lake City, arriving from and departing to the east. Purpose is to eat at In-N-Out as well as go downtown. Any suggestions on an airport to use?

---
Dan Charrois
President, Syzygy Research & Technology
Phone: 780-961-2213

===========
-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
woxofswa

Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Location: AZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Salt Lake City airports Reply with quote

If you try a Big H burger from Hires up on 7th east in SLC, you’ll throw rocks at In and Out.

Been into all three airports in the SLC valley with my RV and they’re all nicely accommodating. BOuntiful definitely has the cheapest gas.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Myron Nelson
Mesa, AZ
Flew May 10 2014
woxofswa

Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Location: AZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Salt Lake City airports Reply with quote

If you try a Big H burger from Hires up on 7th east in SLC, you’ll throw rocks at In and put.

Been into all three airports in the SLC valley with my RV and they’re all nicely accommodating. BOuntiful definitely has the cheapest gas.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

Myron Nelson
Mesa, AZ
Flew May 10 2014
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours