Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perspex sliding direct view panels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graeme bird

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Perspex sliding direct view panels Reply with quote

Frustrated with reflections in my ariel photos I am looking again at a sliding window in the cockpit Perspex. I'd be interested to know if it's practical to stick a lens out at 130knts and whether it would be just too alarming/ noisy/ blowy. Re the window, the mecaplex one is around 500£, so not cheap for a punt, and I have concerns about small splits/ cracks appearing. Any comments from anyone who uses one would be appreciated. I already have three NCA air inlets so it's not SO much about ventilation. I recall Pete Jeffers offering a jig a while back.
An alternative might be a non reflective glass window lower down I suppose, in the body where there is less light bouncing about. Or perhaps I should just experiment more with black tubes/ foam around the camera lens.

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

Kit2 G-PATS - (kesterton) Mono Classic 912 warpdrive
Kit 1 G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS 912S, Woodcomp G(@)gdbmk.co.uk
graeme.hart(at)onecoolkat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Perspex sliding direct view panels Reply with quote

A large rubber lens hood works quite well to stop reflections, you can get
a reasonably light proof seal with this.

I know this is not answering your question and you've probably already
tried this but I couldn't let it go unmentioned.

A removable panel in the bottom of the cockpit might work, you could also
drop bombs thought it. Smile
On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 7:21 PM, graeme bird <graeme(at)gdbmk.co.uk> wrote:

[quote]

Frustrated with reflections in my ariel photos I am looking again at a
sliding window in the cockpit Perspex. I'd be interested to know if it's
practical to stick a lens out at 130knts and whether it would be just too
alarming/ noisy/ blowy. Re the window, the mecaplex one is around 500£, so
not cheap for a punt, and I have concerns about small splits/ cracks
appearing. Any comments from anyone who uses one would be appreciated. I
already have three NCA air inlets so it's not SO much about ventilation. I
recall Pete Jeffers offering a jig a while back.
An alternative might be a non reflective glass window lower down I
suppose, in the body where there is less light bouncing about. Or perhaps I
should just experiment more with black tubes/ foam around the camera lens

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

spcialeffects

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Perspex sliding direct view panels Reply with quote

What about the direct vision panel? The mod was by Peter Kember if i remember correctly?

InkrGod

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Perspex sliding direct view panels Reply with quote

Yeah, your logic is working well, so you’re right. I think you should get it fixed somewhere. Those indicators are not supposed to be like that. Something is clearly going wrong. I’ve had a similar problem, but I got it quickly fixed with the help from the guys at Ongill Electric. I recommend you take it to a place like that, where professionals can repair it and you won’t have to pay much. Or just change it, maybe that will be easier to do rather than looking for a place where to fix it. Good luck with that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: