Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M10-AN-6 was Copper Washers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlborger(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: M10-AN-6 was Copper Washers Reply with quote

Tam,
For those unfamiliar with the issue, I am trying to replace the hose barb banjo fittings on the fuel pressure regulator with a proper AN fitting.  The results of my comparison of the AN-4 Banjo fitting to the existing Banho Hose Barb are posted on my build site ( http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL/ ) last album.  They are not encouraging.  Tam has another idea.
Tam wrote:

If the AN-4 banjos will not work for you, I just thought of another  
possibility.  Perhaps you can replace the banjos with straight M10 to AN-6  
adapters and attach the fuel lines with 90 degrees AN-6 swivel fittings.

OK, sounds good.  The AN-6 sure will supply the fuel.  But I'm not familiar with the M10 to AN-6 fitting.  Do you have a source for them?  Do I go back to the Race Supply Shop?

I assume that the AN-6 90 degree swivel fitting is on the hose end?
Good building and great flying,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
(85%) tail kit done, wings closed, cockpit module installed, pitch system in, landing gear frame in, rudder system in, outrigger mod in, Fuselage Top on, lift/drag/flap pins in, wing incidence set, tie bar in, flap drive in, Mod 70 done.  Baggage bay in.  Flaps & Main Gear complete.  Working in - 24 Instrument Panel, 25 Electrical, 30 Fuel System, 32 Tail, 34 Door Latches & 35 Doors, 37 Finishing.  Airmaster arrived 29 Sep 05.  Seat arrived from Oregon Aero.  E04 interior kit has arrived.  Preparing for ROTAX 914 installation.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Horizonspace(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: M10-AN-6 was Copper Washers Reply with quote

Bob,

You can find the M10x1.0 to AN-6 adapter at anplumbing.com part number 991953. It's designated as "Carburetor Adapter Weber". Be sure to get the M10x1.0 not M10x1.25 or any other pitch. As for the 90 deg swivel, it is a hose end fitting allowing you to mate your fuel hose to the AN fitting. What you need to buy would depend on the type of hose that you are planning to use. We prefer the "push on" kind. No clamps, no braids to deal with. You can get them at the same website or at summitracing.com

One other note. We are not sure if the adapter/hose end fitting stack-up would clear the airbox pressure solenoid assembly since the 90 deg fitting has a radius to it. If there is enough room in your installation for hose bend, you may not need to use the 90 deg fitting. You also have the option of using a 45 deg fitting.

In a message dated 10/10/2006 7:37:08 P.M. Central Daylight Time, rlborger(at)mac.com writes:
Quote:
Tam,
For those unfamiliar with the issue, I am trying to replace the hose barb banjo fittings on the fuel pressure regulator with a proper AN fitting.  The results of my comparison of the AN-4 Banjo fitting to the existing Banho Hose Barb are posted on my build site ( http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL/ ) last album. They are not encouraging. Tam has another idea.
Tam wrote:

If the AN-4 banjos will not work for you, I just thought of another
possibility. Perhaps you can replace the banjos with straight M10 to AN-6
adapters and attach the fuel lines with 90 degrees AN-6 swivel fittings.

OK, sounds good. The AN-6 sure will supply the fuel. But I'm not familiar with the M10 to AN-6 fitting. Do you have a source for them? Do I go back to the Race Supply Shop?

I assume that the AN-6 90 degree swivel fitting is on the hose end?

Bob Borger
(85%) tail kit done, wings closed, cockpit module installed, pitch system in, landing gear frame in, rudder system in, outrigger mod in, Fuselage Top on, lift/drag/flap pins in, wing incidence set, tie bar in, flap drive in, Mod 70 done. Baggage bay in. Flaps & Main Gear complete. Working in - 24 Instrument Panel, 25 Electrical, 30 Fuel System, 32 Tail, 34 Door Latches & 35 Doors, 37 Finishing. Airmaster arrived 29 Sep 05. Seat arrived from Oregon Aero. E04 interior kit has arrived. Preparing for ROTAX 914 installation.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208
Home: 940-497-2123
Cel: 817-992-1117

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

rlborger(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: M10-AN-6 was Copper Washers Reply with quote

Tam,
Thanks for the info.  I ordered two of the M10x1.0 to AN-6 fittings from anplumbing.com.  I see that they come with their own new aluminum crush washer but that replacement washers are also available.  Pretty impressive site for anyone who is shopping for spiffy AN fittings, hoses and other fuel or hydraulic related parts.

For hose, I plan to purchase custom fire-shield hose from ACS.  Give them another opportunity to bollix up a custom hose order.

In any case, I won't actually swap out the hose barb banjos until I talk with the Lockwood folks in December.  When the fittings arrive, I will post pics on my build web site.

Bob Borger
(85%) tail kit done, wings closed, cockpit module installed, pitch system in, landing gear frame in, rudder system in, outrigger mod in, Fuselage Top on, lift/drag/flap pins in, wing incidence set, tie bar in, flap drive in, Mod 70 done.  Baggage bay in.  Flaps & Main Gear complete.  Working in - 24 Instrument Panel, 25 Electrical, 30 Fuel System, 32 Tail, 34 Door Latches & 35 Doors, 37 Finishing.  Airmaster arrived 29 Sep 05.  Seat arrived from Oregon Aero.  E04 interior kit has arrived.  Preparing for ROTAX 914 installation.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117

[quote][b]

Horizonspace(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: M10-AN-6 was Copper Washers Reply with quote

In a message dated 10/11/2006 7:51:09 P.M. Central Daylight Time, paul.mcallister(at)qia.net writes:
Quote:
Bob et all,

I was wondering during your searches had you come accross a 16mm banjo with an AN fitting. It would be nice to have one on the sump.

I am using 666 braided teflon but the hose nipple is 12mm whereas the 666 hose is 1/2". It would be great if I could terminate it properly. I am currnetly using double hose clips, it works but its a but of a kludge.

Paul
Paul et al,

We used a M16 to AN-8 adapter and swivel hose end fitting. We got the adapter from Lockwood for a whopping $56.05. The Rotax Parts Manual listed the part as an option for the sump connection. The Rotax PN is 956650 (Adapter 3/4-16 UNF/M16x1,5). In hindsight, we could have used the same part from anplumbing.com (PN 9919EFJ) or from summitracing.com (PN EAR-9919EFJERL or PN AER-FBM2243 or PN RUS-670551). The latter parts can be bought for as low as $6.95 ea.)

If you want to stay with the banjo setup, you can get Mocal adapters from batinc.net. PN BJ168M is a M16 banjo with AN-8 Male end and PN 168H is a M16 Banjo with AN-8 Hose end. They also have parts to mate to larger AN-10.

Happy plumbing!

Tam
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: