Window scratches

hansjd(at)online.no
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Window scratches Reply with quote

Hi all

After painting, a thorough inspection of my windows has revealed quite a few marks and tiny scratches which I''m unable to get rid of. Everything was smartly packed in before spraying, but I believe dust particles and tiny bits must have sneaked in under the plastic wrapping when covering everything. Yes - I know (now) I should have been more careful!!

The question is - how do I get rid of it? ACS has a few plexiglass restoration polishes, but which one should I shoose?

Any ideas out there??

Cheers
Hans, #334, soon to be assembled.

peter.rees01(at)tiscali.c
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Window scratches Reply with quote

Hi Hans

We've managed to get some pretty deep scratches out (and a lot of very light
ones too) using Novus (we used No 2 - it comes in 3 grades) - bit of Novus
on a clean rag and plenty of Elbow Grease (you can get that at most stockists!).

Peter
Quote:
After painting, a thorough inspection of my windows has revealed quite a
few marks and tiny scratches which I''m unable to get rid of. Everything
was smartly packed in before spraying, but I believe dust particles and
tiny

Quote:
bits must have sneaked in under the plastic wrapping when covering everything.
Yes - I know (now) I should have been more careful!!

The question is - how do I get rid of it? ACS has a few plexiglass restoration
polishes, but which one should I shoose?

Any ideas out there??

Cheers
Hans, #334, soon to be assembled.

Tiscali Broadband from 14.99 with free setup!

paul.mcallister

Location: Waukesha, WI USA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Window scratches Reply with quote

Has,

I remember when I was doing some fit up around my doors I slipped with some 80 grit paper right across my side window.... it looked really bad. I used the Micro Mesh system and it restored it to better than new looking.

Paul

hansjd(at)online.no
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Window scratches Reply with quote

Thanks, Paul.

I am sending out an order to ACS this moment!

Hans

[quote] ---