is the tail mobile?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Falco-List
ryan42

Joined: 06 Jul 2006

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: is the tail mobile? Reply with quote

I'm almost finished constructing all of the wood tail parts. After that, the only wood parts I have to construct are the wing ribs and spars (not a small job, I know!)

I've been thinking about possibly constructing the tail section first though. I feel like it may do me some good. Doing all the aligning, drilling, sanding, scarfing, skinning, etc. Up until now, I've only been making these parts not fully understanding all the steps that come after. Maybe it will show me any mistakes I've made with the parts thus far.

My question to all of you is, how mobile is the completed tail section? It's probably the only structure I can assemble in my one car garage. I will be moving in the future before I can assemble anything else, so if I complete the tail section now, it will have to be moved whole. Is this easy to do? Is this a bad idea? Is it difficult but doable? Should I just plow through and do the wing parts, not worrying about what comes after yet?

Thanks,
Ryan Vaughan

- The Matronics Falco-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Falco-List
gdlean(at)excite.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: is the tail mobile? Reply with quote

Hi Ryan, The fin and stabiliser are able to be built according to the manual and installed when the fuselage is being constructed at a later date. The only part left to do will be to apply the inboard skins after the bits are installed.
Cheers - Graeme

From: ryan42 [mailto: falcobuilder(at)gmail.com]
To: falco-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:14:29 -0700
Subject: Re: is the tail mobile?

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Falco-List
Back to top
ryan42

Joined: 06 Jul 2006

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: is the tail mobile? Reply with quote

Has anyone packed it for moving like that? I'm just trying to figure out the magnitude of the effort, and if it's worth it.

-Ryan

- The Matronics Falco-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Falco-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Falco-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours