2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

scrimm

Location: Gilbert, SC SC99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

Flight,

It is with great regret that I must inform you that I must sell my 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel. But my wife said I must sell it. And I being the good husband that I am, always do what my wife says!

The other thing my wife said is.. "Buy a bigger and faster airplane". And being the good husband that I am, I always do what she says. Damn

Additionally, I am now soliciting suggestions for a bigger and faster aircraft.

You can see all of the aircraft information at www.stephenscott.com/Europa/ or it is listed in Trade A Plane

Steve

N42AH
For Sale

Steve Crimm
N42AH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mark(at)ouce.ox.ac.uk
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

You might want to list it at http://harley.geog.ox.ac.uk/~mark/Europa/ads/.

Cheers,
Mark.

[quote] ---

garrys(at)tampabay.rr.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

Steve,

Jim Nelson, Jim Brown, Marvin Alvarez, myself and many other early Europa builders have chosen to go with Vans RV-7's. Contact me off list for details. I still have my Europa and still love it though.

Garry Stout
914 Trigear
[quote] ---

willie.harrison(at)tinyon
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

Thank you, Steve. I am forwarding your message to my wife so she can see what it takes to bring out the best in a husband...
Cheers

Willie
G-BZNY
On 6 Jan 2007, at 01:15, Steve Crimm wrote:
[quote] Flight,

It is with great regret that I must inform you that I must sell my 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel.  But my wife said I must sell it.  And I being the good husband that I am, always do what my wife says!

The other thing my wife said is.. "Buy a bigger and faster airplane".  And being the good husband that I am, I always do what she says.  Damn

Additionally, I am now soliciting suggestions for a bigger and faster aircraft.

You can see all of the aircraft information at www.stephenscott.com/Europa/ or it is listed in Trade A Plane

Steve

N42AH
For Sale

Quote:

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
href="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com

[b]

grahamsingleton(at)btinte
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

RV7 ?
Would it be possible to cross the Atlantic or the Pacific with an RV7
and would it float if the fan stopped? Cost of gas when Putin has it all?
Graham

Garry wrote:

Quote:
Steve,
Jim Nelson, Jim Brown, Marvin Alvarez, myself and many other early
Europa builders have chosen to go with Vans RV-7's. Contact me off
list for details. I still have my Europa and still love it though.

Garry Stout
914 Trigear

*
*

garrys(at)tampabay.rr.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

If your mission is crossing the Atlantic or Pacific, and fuel cost is a
concern, perhaps purchasing a sailboat might be a better choice.

Garry
Graham Singleton wrote........

Garry wrote:

> Steve,
> Jim Nelson, Jim Brown, Marvin Alvarez, myself and many other early Europa
> builders have chosen to go with Vans RV-7's. Contact me off list for
> details. I still have my Europa and still love it though.
> Garry Stout
> 914 Trigear
>
>*
>*

n914va(at)bvunet.net
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

At the age of 66, I would prefer to cross the Alantic in my lifetime. Are
there any suggestions other than a sail boat.

Vaughn

scrimm

Location: Gilbert, SC SC99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

In the first class section of your airline of choice.

Steve

Steve Crimm
N42AH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
robert.hitchcock(at)virgi
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

It definitely does float then? Two quality life-jackets, no life
raft..............
Regards

Bob

Gilles.Thesee(at)ac-greno
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

Quote:
RV7 ?
Would it be possible to cross the Atlantic or the Pacific with an RV7
and would it float if the fan stopped? Cost of gas when Putin has it all?
Graham

Someone mentioned a larger aircraft. The RV7 has only two seats.

Have you considered a Dyn Aero MCR 4S ?
Larger inside (1.20 m elbow room, four seats), lighter empty weight,
9-10 hr endurance with standard wing tanks. Same speed as a Europa (140
kt cruise at 75%).

No, I'm not a Dyn Aero rep, only a happy builder and flyer.

Regards,
Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France
http://contrails.free.fr

grahamsingleton(at)btinte
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

Garry
Cheapest is certainly an airline, however the sea is often crossed if
you live in Europe or if you want to visit the Bahamas or Florida?
Choice of airplane depends on the kind of flying you enjoy. I enjoy
skyscapes, mountain scenery, quiet flying and having the knowledge that
my airplane is optimised for its purpose. So, I my prefered choice would
be the XS MGlider. What is an RV7 optinised for apart from low cost and
a quick build? I never flew one but I did fly RV6 a time or 3 and found
it awfully noisy, needed a hand on the stick at all tiimes and drank an
awful lot of fuel for the same speed. I couldn't see out much either but
a fatter cushion might have cured that. Paul's 914 XS climbed to cruise
altitude much quicker but the RV caught up in the cruise after an hour.
(This was an O-320 RV)
I fear that fuel cost will hit us all pretty soon, your costs in US have
nearly doubled already haven't they? Could double again in the next few
years.
Graham
Garry wrote:

Quote:

If your mission is crossing the Atlantic or Pacific, and fuel cost is
a concern, perhaps purchasing a sailboat might be a better choice.

grahamsingleton(at)btinte
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

Gilles
Is there a motor glider wing for the MCR4S, that would be superbly
optimised for my style of flying.
Graham

Gilles Thesee wrote:

Quote:
Someone mentioned a larger aircraft. The RV7 has only two seats.
Have you considered a Dyn Aero MCR 4S ?
Larger inside (1.20 m elbow room, four seats), lighter empty weight,
9-10 hr endurance with standard wing tanks. Same speed as a Europa
(140 kt cruise at 75%).

No, I'm not a Dyn Aero rep, only a happy builder and flyer.

Regards,
Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France
http://contrails.free.fr

ptag.dev(at)tiscali.co.uk
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

Hi! Bob
I'd expect the Classic foam wings to float but no chance of the XS
floating!
There was one once floated that ditched off Alderney until they
recovered it by towing it the wrong way then had to tow it the opposite
way (can't remember which way but I think it was successfully towed
forwards?) perhaps someone can confirm ? It could be a useful bit of
information to have stored one day !
Regards
Bob Harrison

grahamsingleton(at)btinte
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

Why not? How many pounds of PVC foam needed to support the weight of a
Rotax and a roll of glass cloth?

R.C.Harrison wrote:

Quote:

Hi! Bob
I'd expect the Classic foam wings to float but no chance of the XS
floating!
Bob Harrison

Gilles.Thesee(at)ac-greno
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there a motor glider wing for the MCR4S, that would be superbly
optimised for my style of flying.

Graham,
Unfortunately the MCR4S does not have motor glider wings. Too bad as
soaring with four aboard might prove a great sensation.

Best regards,
Gilles
http://contrails.free.fr

ptag.dev(at)tiscali.co.uk
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

Hi! Graham
I think the volume displacement of the xs with the voids in the wings
wouldn't be sufficient to float the whole a/c. If anything it may just
float but with the tail on the surface nose down. Now if a device such
as a crash air bag automatically and permanently inflated from a box
situated just in front of the fire wall .......?( Just filing for the
patent !)

Robt.C.Harrison

thomas(at)scherer.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

The Europa will carry you across the Ocean in some 26 hrs of flighttime.
They have even put ome islands with fuel supplies in the Atlantic.

Canada ~ Greenland ~ Island ~ Birthplace of Europa would be the scenic route
and the Azores the warmer choice. With some luck on the winds a Europa would
also do it nonstop.

Happy New Year everyone, and please no full flaps on the base-leg.

<Thomas, N81EU>

ami(at)mcfadyean.freeserv
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

<<they recovered it by towing it the wrong way>>

That may have been a Katana.
It had the flaps down when it was towed the wrong way, which removed the
flaps!

I guess the Classic would float until such time as the hollowed out foam
cores had flooded. The weight of the engine would probably result in the a/c
floating nose down with the tail out of the water; so no buoyancy
contribution from that.

A Cessna 152 takes 17 minutes to sink (i.e. for all of the trapped air to
escape).

Duncan McF.

Ivor Phillips

Location: London UK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

It was a Grob Motor glider!
http://www.sarangan.org/europa_forum/1996-09/msg00139.html

fklein(at)orcasonline.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: 2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale Reply with quote

This thread (previously "2002 Europa XS Mono Wheel for Sale) on a
Europa's buoyancy intrigues a pilot who lives on an island and expects
his XS to fly over water frequently...enough so to consider the
possibility of injecting (non-expanding) foam into the voids forward of
the wing spar.

I will do some research w/ a specialty insulation contractor who has
the equipment to do such a thing and report back.

Any initial comments?

Fred
A194

On Tuesday, January 9, 2007, at 01:55 PM, ivor.phillips wrote:

[quote]
<ivor.phillips(at)ntlworld.com>