Trutrac ADI looks good for $1100

gcrowder2

Location: Golden, Colorado USA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Trutrac ADI looks good for $1100 Reply with quote

I just found the Trutrac ADI with attitude indicator, DG track, and actual
bank angle indicator (not turn rate). Looks pretty good for $1100. You
can also get it with built in autopilot. Anybody using one? Looks like
they're
coming out with a Dynon type unit as well.

Glenn

http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/

jeff(at)rmmm.net
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Trutrac ADI looks good for $1100 Reply with quote

Glenn,
I purchased one of the first ones to come out and have been using it
since last spring. It works great! I bought the internal GPS so your
heading is right on track even on the ground as long as you have a shot
of the satellites. You can also set it close to the stall as you like
and it will start flashing to warn you. Go more than a 45 degree bank
and red arrows will tell you which way to point the stick. It's all
good, especially for the money. Here is a picture of it in my panel. As
you can tell I highly recommend it.
Best Regards
Jeff Roberts
N128LJ / Gold Rush... Flying and for sale.

On Jan 26, 2007, at 11:21 AM, GLENN CROWDER wrote:

Quote:

<gcrowder2(at)hotmail.com>
I just found the Trutrac ADI with attitude indicator, DG track, and
actual
bank angle indicator (not turn rate). Looks pretty good for $1100.
You
can also get it with built in autopilot. Anybody using one? Looks
like they're
coming out with a Dynon type unit as well.

Glenn

http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/

Jeff Roberts

RMMM
Roberts Marketing & Media Management
615-355-7575 Office
615-406-8651 Cell

Panel_2.JPG
 Filesize:  473.41 KB
 Viewed:  313 Time(s)

Panel_2.JPG

Back to top
gcrowder2

Location: Golden, Colorado USA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Trutrac ADI looks good for $1100 Reply with quote

Hi Jeff - I finally got your panel pic to download. What a beautiful panel
and interior.
Looks like a Ferrari in there (or at least a Lexus) with all that leather
and woodgrain!
You gotta be nuts to be selling that thing!
Seriously tho, have you had any situations where the Trutrac got upset or
confused
like greater than 60 deg banks? Would you recommend the GPS mod? What does
the GPS mod really do for you? Thanks!

Glenn

Quote:
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff(at)rmmm.net>
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Trutrac ADI looks good for $1100
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:19:43 -0600

Glenn,
I purchased one of the first ones to come out and have been using it since
last spring. It works great! I bought the internal GPS so your heading is
right on track even on the ground as long as you have a shot of the
satellites. You can also set it close to the stall as you like and it will
start flashing to warn you. Go more than a 45 degree bank and red arrows
will tell you which way to point the stick. It's all good, especially for
the money. Here is a picture of it in my panel. As you can tell I highly
recommend it.
Best Regards
Jeff Roberts
N128LJ / Gold Rush... Flying and for sale.

Quote:
<< Panel2.JPG >>

Quote:

On Jan 26, 2007, at 11:21 AM, GLENN CROWDER wrote:

> I just found the Trutrac ADI with attitude indicator, DG track, and
>actual
>bank angle indicator (not turn rate). Looks pretty good for $1100. You
>can also get it with built in autopilot. Anybody using one? Looks like
>they're
>coming out with a Dynon type unit as well.
>
> Glenn
>
>http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/

>Turn searches into helpful donations. Make your search count.

Jeff Roberts

RMMM
Roberts Marketing & Media Management
615-355-7575 Office
615-406-8651 Cell

From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
Academy Awards®

http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1

jeff(at)rmmm.net
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Trutrac ADI looks good for $1100 Reply with quote

Hi Glenn,
Thanks for the compliments! The Tru Track's GPS gives me a GPS didgetal
heading on the ground or in the air. I like that as it backs up the Ave
Map and the vertical card compass. In fact I set my compass in flight
to it once in a while. The heading dead on and stable. For $150 bucks
it's a great option. I also like the slow airspeed warning. It flashes
when I get slower than 70 KTS but it will flash at any speed you set
it. I've been meaning to set it to 60 but just haven't done it.
As far as it getting confused, according to the company it's not
possible as it uses airspeed as well as some sort of electric gyro. You
may want to go to the web-site and read how it works as I'm not very
technical. All I know is that it has performed flawlessly for me. I
have never turned it upside down but it will always tell you to get
upright past a 45 bank. I hope this helps to answer your question.
Best Regards,
Jeff
N128LJ
On Jan 30, 2007, at 11:54 PM, GLENN CROWDER wrote:

Quote:

<gcrowder2(at)hotmail.com>