Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new improved full swiveling tailwheel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Rocket-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Linebaugh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: new improved full swiveling tailwheel Reply with quote

Vince, this is not spam… builders and flyers should be aware of new products available to them.
<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>
I have been very pleased with your new tailwheel. We operate out of an ex-navy base that has deep tie-down stanchions every 25 feet or so. We used to bottom out the tailwheel going over them (crunch..scrape..ouch!)…it was very difficult not to hit them. Vince’s tailwheel fixed the problem by increasing clearance. Coupled with Wayne Haddath’s steering link, steering is very positive and responsive without being twitchy. I highly recommend both!
<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>
AUTOTEXTLIST \s "E-mail Signature" <![endif]-->Jeff Linebaugh
jefflinebaugh(at)earthlink.net
F1 Rocket #33 N240KT
Memphis, TN.
<![endif]--><![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Rocket-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Rocket-List

Mytyweav(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: new improved full swiveling tailwheel Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff... All good news. Right on Vince!
Weav
Jeff Linebaugh wrote:
Quote:
Vince, this is not spam… builders and flyers should be aware of new
products available to them.

I have been very pleased with your new tailwheel. We operate out of an
ex-navy base that has deep tie-down stanchions every 25 feet or so. We
used to bottom out the tailwheel going over them
(crunch..scrape..ouch!)…it was very difficult not to hit them. Vince’s
tailwheel fixed the problem by increasing clearance. Coupled with Wayne
Haddath’s steering link, steering is very positive and responsive
without being twitchy. I highly recommend both!

/Jeff Linebaugh///

/jefflinebaugh(at)earthlink.net///

/F1 Rocket #33 N240KT///

/Memphis, TN./

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

smokyray(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: new improved full swiveling tailwheel Reply with quote

Rocketeers,

I like Vince's thinking on a better Rocket tailwheel. My personal preference though is the Aviation Products Inc double fork TW. Much better design for handling rough terrain like my home grass strip and fully swivels better than any I have seen.The trailing link tailwheels similar to Vinces hit rocks easier and dig up mud on my strip. The API TW has a fork and doesn't have this problem. It's machining is first rate as well. I have had one on MY rv4 for 13 years and the one on the Rocket works just as well. You can find their tailwheels by calling them in Ojai CA (at) 805-646-6047, ask for a catalog. Their tailwheels are also sold through Acft Spruce in the experimental section, but not by name.

Outstanding product!

Rob Ray

Fred Weaver <Mytyweav(at)earthlink.net> wrote:
[quote]--> Rocket-List message posted by: Fred Weaver

Weav
Jeff Linebaugh wrote:
[quote] Vince, this is not spam… builders and flyers should be aware of new

(crunch..scrape..ouch!)…it was very difficult not to hit them. Vince’s
Haddath’s steering link, steering is very positive and responsive

/Jeff Linebaugh///

/jefflinebaugh(at)earthlink.net///
Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
Quote:
[b]

rocketbob(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: new improved full swiveling tailwheel Reply with quote

I have a prototype of one of these tailwheel forks on my -6, a friend of mine designed it and Vince is producing them. The main intent of the tailwheel design is to move the axle centerline closer to the axis of the tailwheel pivot to give more vertical stability with the tailwheel on the ground. In order to accomplish this, the tailwheel pivot has to move up and aft over the wheel; the side benefits of this placement being increased ground clearance and a smidge better view over the nose. Since the lever-arm distance is shorter between the two centerlines it takes more lateral force to make the tailwheel pivot. In a crosswind there is noticeably less of a tendency to weather vane, and the pedal dancing required to taxi down the centerline is lessened considerably (compared to the stock Van's tailwheel assembly). It takes a bit more effort when pushing on the VS make the tailwheel change direction. It's also a bit less draggy in appearance than the other after market tailwheel assemblies. 

Regards,
Bob Japundza
RV-6 flying F1 under const.
On 1/25/07, Rob Ray <smokyray(at)yahoo.com (smokyray(at)yahoo.com)> wrote: [quote]Rocketeers,

I like Vince's thinking on a better Rocket tailwheel. My personal preference though is the Aviation Products Inc double fork TW. Much better design for handling rough terrain like my home grass strip and fully swivels better than any I have seen.The trailing link tailwheels similar to Vinces hit rocks easier and dig up mud on my strip. The API TW has a fork and doesn't have this problem. It's machining is first rate as well. I have had one on MY rv4 for 13 years and the one on the Rocket works just as well. You can find their tailwheels by calling them in Ojai CA (at) 805-646-6047, ask for a catalog. Their tailwheels are also sold through Acft Spruce in the experimental section, but not by name.

Outstanding product!

Rob Ray

Fred Weaver < Mytyweav(at)earthlink.net (Mytyweav(at)earthlink.net)> wrote:
Quote:
--> Rocket-List message posted by: Fred Weaver

Weav
Jeff Linebaugh wrote:
Quote:
Vince, this is not spam… builders and flyers should be aware of new

(crunch..scrape..ouch!)…it was very difficult not to hit them. Vince's
Haddath's steering link, steering is very positive and responsive

/Jeff Linebaugh///

/jefflinebaugh(at) earthlink.net///
Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
Quote:

= the many List utilities such as the Subscriptions page,
ronics.com/Navigator?Rocket-List" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
k" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
http://forums.matronics.com
===========
[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Rocket-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: