Monowheel Trailer

europabill(at)bellsouth.n
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Monowheel Trailer Reply with quote

Would someone with a monowheel trailer mind making some measurements for me? I will be aquiring a trailier with a few missing parts and will need to make them. Here's what I need:

1. Measurements for the aluminum I beam between the rear wheels. Width, height, Length, and thickness. Also bolt hole locations and diameter. Guess you've figured out by now this is one of the missing parts.
2. Measurements for the "ramp" for the monowheel. Length, width, height, and thickness.

3. Did anyone get any assembly instructions with the trailer? Any chance they could be scanned and emailed.

Thanks,

Bill Henderson
Monowheel Classic
Rotax 912S
(Almost 11 years and still building.....)

m.clews(at)sky.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Monowheel Trailer Reply with quote

Bill,
I have details of the mono-wheel trailer if you send me your e-mail address I'll send them to you.
Mike Clews
G-OMIK
m.clews(at)sky.com
[quote] ---

johnwigney(at)alltel.net
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Monowheel trailer Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

I have my trailer just outside and will get the info for you and send
you some photos off list. I also have a copy of the assembly sketch. As
I remember, there were no instructions. Glad to hear that you are still
making progress.

Cheers, John
N262WF

XXXXXXX
From: "Bill Henderson" <europabill(at)bellsouth.net>
Subject: Monowheel Trailer
Would someone with a monowheel trailer mind making some measurements for
me? I will be aquiring a trailier with a few missing parts and will
need to make them. Here's what I need:
1. Measurements for the aluminum I beam between the rear wheels. Width,
height, Length, and thickness. Also bolt hole locations and diameter.
Guess you've figured out by now this is one of the missing parts.
2. Measurements for the "ramp" for the monowheel. Length, width,
height, and thickness.
3. Did anyone get any assembly instructions with the trailer? Any
chance they could be scanned and emailed.
Thanks,
Bill Henderson
Monowheel Classic
Rotax 912S
(Almost 11 years and still building.....)
XXXXXX

europabill(at)bellsouth.n
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Monowheel trailer Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for you help with infomation on the Monowheel trailer.

I received a lot of good information.

Hope to see some of you at Sun-n-Fun Next year!!!

Bill
A010 Monowheel Classic
Rotax 912S

96victor(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Monowheel trailer Reply with quote

Hi Bill

My tire is a Air Hawk 9 - 008 which I think is a 9" 8ply. I don't remember all of the reasons but it seems that it has much stronger sidewalls which leads to better steering. If you are going to use the europa tire, my dimensions won't work.

You will have to have the ramp and the structure manufactured if you don't have any of it. The way it attatches to the axel I-beam needs to be very strong and the factory trailer came with an insert to the I-beam to stregthen it.

My scanner doesn't work so I can't email you drawings but I could draw them and fax them. Again, my tire is larger and I had to modify the factory trailer.

Tom

On 12/8/06, Bill Henderson <europabill(at)bellsouth.net (europabill(at)bellsouth.net)> wrote: [quote]--> Europa-List message posted by: "Bill Henderson" < europabill(at)bellsouth.net (europabill(at)bellsouth.net)>

Thanks everyone for you help with infomation on the Monowheel trailer.

I received a lot of good information.

Hope to see some of you at Sun-n-Fun Next year!!!

Bill

[b]