Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

prop bolts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n100rh(at)sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: prop bolts Reply with quote

Maybe I can help. Take a look at this website, it may assist you with
the use of a crows foot.

http://www.norbar.com/torquewrenchextensioncalculator.php

Ralph

DuaneFamly(at)aol.com wrote:
Quote:
Svein and Others,

I'm not sure I agree with this method. I don't think the torque wrench
knows how long a handle is exerting the force. I think that it will
still "click" at the setting you set it at. If the proper setting is
50 inch lbs (EU's have to do the conversion) and you set it the torque
wrench for 25 inch lbs, then the wrench is going to click when you
have 25 inch lbs exerted on it. And your bolt is only torqued to 25
inch lbs, not 50. Making the handle longer only allows you to have to
exert 1/2 the pressure to get that 50 inch lbs to the torque wrench.

Am I missing something here?

Mike Duane A207A
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
Jabiru 3300
Sensenich R64Z N
Ground Adjustable Prop

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
sidsel.svein(at)oslo.onli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: prop bolts Reply with quote

Mike,

Indeed - that is the difference! This thread started with a question on what to do if one could not get the wrench directly onto the bolt because of tight space. That was the concept I had in my head when I replied to you.

Best regards
Svein
LN-SKJ

[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

europa(at)pstewart.f2s.co

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: prop bolts Reply with quote

I seem to have started a very learned discussion on this topic. As the person who asked what to do when you can't get the wrench directly on the bolt all I can say is Svein's solution works what ever the theory.  Using the spanner/wrench combination, the torque wrench 'clicks' at exactly the same point as torque wrench alone on my simple bench comparison. 
Many congratulations on your first flight Svein - perhaps one day we will follow suit.

Regards

Paul
G-GIDY
On 13 Sep 2006, at 19:46, Sidsel & Svein Johnsen wrote:
[quote]Mike,

Indeed - that is the difference!  This thread started with a question on what to do if one could not get the wrench directly onto the bolt because of tight space. That was the concept I had in my head when I replied to you.

Best regards
Svein
LN-SKJ

[quote]---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: