Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

re:quick build 601 XL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen.Adams(at)HCAhealt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: re:quick build 601 XL Reply with quote

I built a CH640, not a 601, but I had some of the same concerns about building that you have expressed. For a number of reasons, I decided to go the QB route. I am extremely glad I did. There is still plenty to do to finish up, so regardless of what standard kit or scratch builders might say about it, I still am proud of the airplane that I built. Work progressed fast enough that it was almost always a joy to build. Everything is straight and true. Your tool requirement is very basic. With the 640 the wings and HT are already riveted on one side, and final drilled on the other, so you really don't even need a large workbench. A couple of sawhorses is sufficient. And the best part of the quickbuild in my opinion, is that now 18 months after my QB kit arrived, I have 120 flight hours in it instead of it still sitting in pieces in my garage. Everybody has their own reasons for building. Some love the building process so much they start getting depressed when the airplane is almost completed. Others are closet aeronautical engineers who can't resist trying to improve on every little thing in the airplane. Some love building, but never miss it once they are done. Others just want to build a nice plane to fly. If you are in the last group, the QB is well worth the extra money. If you are in the first 2 groups, the QB just spoils all of the fun. If you are in the 3rd group, it's a tough decision. I think CH's designs are fairly simple and designed not only to fly well and be sturdy, but probably more than any other kit designer, they are designed to be simple to build. So I think technically, most people can build one of his airplanes. The question becomes, how much building do you want to do?

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: