Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011

tonyvaccarella

Joined: 10 Sep 2014
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:44 pm    Post subject: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Hello all,

Im just hoping you will allow me a little self-indulgence. My Europa XS, after well over 2 decades of building, of which the last nine years were with me, my little girl finally took the sky on her maiden flight. It was a very happy moment for all involved. I posted the event on YouTube for those who might want to have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuMF7V3PA8

Best regards to all
Tony
Sydney
Australia

Tony Vaccarella
Mascot NSW 2020
Sydney Australia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
trevord

Joined: 10 Jul 2018
Location: Auckland

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:34 pm    Post subject: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Congratulations - looking forward to mine being the same ... perhaps one more year !

On 26/07/23, 6:50 PM, "tonyvaccarella" <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com on behalf of tony(at)weimagine.com.au> wrote:

Hello all,

Im just hoping you will allow me a little self-indulgence. My Europa XS, after well over 2 decades of building, of which the last nine years were with me, my little girl finally took the sky on her maiden flight. It was a very happy moment for all involved. I posted the event on YouTube for those who might want to have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuMF7V3PA8

Best regards to all
Tony
Sydney
Australia

--------
Tony Vaccarella
Mascot NSW 2020
Sydney Australia

Trevor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:29 am    Post subject: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Congratulations Tony. Great to see another antipodean project complete.Enjoy the test flying, great fun.
Cheers, Tim
ZK-TIM

Sent from my iPadTim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz
021 0640221
Quote:
On 26/07/2023, at 6:52 PM, tonyvaccarella <tony(at)weimagine.com.au> wrote:

--> Europa-List message posted by: "tonyvaccarella" <tony(at)weimagine.com.au>

Hello all,

Im just hoping you will allow me a little self-indulgence. My Europa XS, after well over 2 decades of building, of which the last nine years were with me, my little girl finally took the sky on her maiden flight. It was a very happy moment for all involved. I posted the event on YouTube for those who might want to have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuMF7V3PA8

Best regards to all
Tony
Sydney
Australia

--------
Tony Vaccarella
Mascot NSW 2020
Sydney Australia

barp99(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:33 am    Post subject: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Fantastic work there Tony, good to see it finally finished. Looks &
sounds great!
Cheers,
Brian Phillips
Aus.

On 26/07/2023 4:44 pm, tonyvaccarella wrote:
Quote:

Hello all,

Im just hoping you will allow me a little self-indulgence. My Europa XS, after well over 2 decades of building, of which the last nine years were with me, my little girl finally took the sky on her maiden flight. It was a very happy moment for all involved. I posted the event on YouTube for those who might want to have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuMF7V3PA8

Best regards to all
Tony
Sydney
Australia

--------
Tony Vaccarella
Mascot NSW 2020
Sydney Australia

Area-51

Joined: 03 May 2021

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Great, well done, must feel wonderful; what engine is in that one?

rlborger(at)mac.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:14 am    Post subject: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Tony,

Congratulations on your first flight! And congratulations for building a beautiful machine! Wishing you a lifetime flight and enjoyment with it.

All the best,
Bob Borger
N914XL, Europa
N25TD, Little Toot Sport Biplane
Corinth, TX

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 26, 2023, at 01:49, tonyvaccarella <tony(at)weimagine.com.au> wrote:

Hello all,

Im just hoping you will allow me a little self-indulgence. My Europa XS, after well over 2 decades of building, of which the last nine years were with me, my little girl finally took the sky on her maiden flight. It was a very happy moment for all involved. I posted the event on YouTube for those who might want to have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuMF7V3PA8

Best regards to all
Tony
Sydney
Australia

--------
Tony Vaccarella
Mascot NSW 2020
Sydney Australia

wdaniell.longport(at)gmai
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:55 am    Post subject: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Congrats tony
I think you beat me as the slowest builder - but totally worth the effort!

William Daniell
+1 786 878 0246

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023, 02:47 tonyvaccarella <tony(at)weimagine.com.au (tony(at)weimagine.com.au)> wrote:

Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "tonyvaccarella" <tony(at)weimagine.com.au (tony(at)weimagine.com.au)>

Hello all,

Im just hoping you will allow me a little self-indulgence. My Europa XS, after well over 2 decades of building, of which the last nine years were with me, my little girl finally took the sky on her maiden flight. It was a very happy moment for all involved. I posted the event on YouTube for those who might want to have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuMF7V3PA8

Best regards to all
Tony
Sydney
Australia

--------
Tony Vaccarella
Mascot NSW 2020
Sydney Australia

===========
pa-List" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://matronics.com/contribution
===========

spcialeffects

Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Location: Kent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Many congratulations

LeeVaughan

Joined: 12 Apr 2013
Location: Monroe Iowa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Congratulations Tony!!
Best wishes for many fun flying adventures.

Lee Vaughan
N69XS A069

Lee
N69XS A069
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
n7188u

Joined: 15 Nov 2015

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Congratulations!

It only gets better and better from here.

I love the (normal) taildragger configuration.

Chris

SPURPURA

Joined: 04 Apr 2015
Location: KAPV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Hi Tony and congratulations on your first flight. Can you tell us more about the landing gear setup, is that a Berube setup?

N951EU - Tri-gear & 912ULS, N77EU- Mono & 914
I'D RATHER HAVE A BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME THAN A FRONTAL LABOTAMY.
tonyvaccarella

Joined: 10 Sep 2014
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Hi - this mainwheel setup came with the partially built kit that came from Georgia USA. Yes its Berube type but I dont know too much about the specs.

So far its working well but it is a little springy so you have to watch our rate of descent went landing otherwise it tends to bounce very easily.

Tony Vaccarella
Mascot NSW 2020
Sydney Australia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
timothyferriss

Joined: 20 Jun 2023
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Your story is a reminder that anything is possible with dedication and a little self-indulgence
retro bowl

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hitchflight

Joined: 22 Feb 2018
Location: Derbyshire, England

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

tonyvaccarella wrote:
Hello all,

Im just hoping you will allow me a little self-indulgence. My Europa XS, after well over 2 decades of building, of which the last nine years were with me, my little girl finally took the sky on her maiden flight. It was a very happy moment for all involved. I posted the event on YouTube for those who might want to have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuMF7V3PA8

Best regards to all
Tony
Sydney
Australia

Fantastic! Brilliant achievement!

trevord

Joined: 10 Jul 2018
Location: Auckland

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:44 am    Post subject: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Congratulations Tony,

No video of the landing, are you still stuck up there ?

Regards
Trevor
New Zealand

On 5/12/23, 10:45 PM, "Hitchflight" <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com on behalf of bobhitchcock(at)icloud.com> wrote:

tonyvaccarella wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Im just hoping you will allow me a little self-indulgence. My Europa XS, after well over 2 decades of building, of which the last nine years were with me, my little girl finally took the sky on her maiden flight. It was a very happy moment for all involved. I posted the event on YouTube for those who might want to have a look.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuMF7V3PA8
>
> Best regards to all
> Tony
> Sydney
> Australia
Fantastic! Brilliant achievement!

Trevor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
budyerly@msn.com

Joined: 05 Oct 2019
Location: Florida USA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:05 am    Post subject: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Tony,
You have earned your PHD in Aircraft Construction.

Well Done,

Bud Yerly

wdaniell.longport(at)gmai
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:29 am    Post subject: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Makes me look like a fast build at 15 years!

Well done

William Daniell
+1 786 878 0246

On Tue, Dec 5, 2023, 10:07 Bud Yerly <budyerly(at)msn.com (budyerly(at)msn.com)> wrote:

[quote]--> Europa-List message posted by: Bud Yerly <budyerly(at)msn.com (budyerly(at)msn.com)>

Tony,
You have earned your PHD in Aircraft Construction.

Well Done,

Bud Yerly

ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Congratulations Tony. Well done. Enjoy the next chapter with the test flying and touring.Cheers, Tim Sent from my iPadTim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz
021 0640221
Quote:
On 5/12/2023, at 10:48 PM, Hitchflight <bobhitchcock(at)icloud.com> wrote:

--> Europa-List message posted by: "Hitchflight" <bobhitchcock(at)icloud.com>
tonyvaccarella wrote:
Quote:
Hello all,

Im just hoping you will allow me a little self-indulgence. My Europa XS, after well over 2 decades of building, of which the last nine years were with me, my little girl finally took the sky on her maiden flight. It was a very happy moment for all involved. I posted the event on YouTube for those who might want to have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuMF7V3PA8

Best regards to all
Tony
Sydney
Australia

Fantastic! Brilliant achievement!

Area-51

Joined: 03 May 2021

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Maiden flight of Europa XS - serial number A011 Reply with quote

Hi Tony; planning to fly 181 down coast before christmas. Wanting to know if there is pump gas available at or near to The Oaks field? Might there be any hangar space available at the field to rent for five or so days? Cheers, 51