Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trutrak Digitrak settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davidcripps

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:25 am    Post subject: Trutrak Digitrak settings Reply with quote

I am setting up the Trutrak Digitrak wing leveller in my Europa Classic (I acquired it second-hand and, yes, I know it's now a very old piece of kit!). This is being done under Europa Mod 75 with the LAA in the UK.

If anyone has the same wing leveller, can you share with me the settings you have used for the first two options in the set up: Setting 1: 'Activity', Setting 2 'Torque'?

I have found one post from a French Europa with some settings they used, but I'm trying to get more data to present to the LAA about what's been used before with this device. Thanks!

David
G-BWJH

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Rowland_Carson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:37 pm    Post subject: Trutrak Digitrak settings Reply with quote

On 2023-09-22, at 10:25, Davidcripps <dpc(at)knightonweb.com> wrote:

Quote:
I am setting up the Trutrak Digitrak wing leveller in my Europa Classic (I acquired it second-hand and, yes, I know it's now a very old piece of kit!). This is being done under Europa Mod 75 with the LAA in the UK.

If anyone has the same wing leveller, can you share with me the settings you have used for the first two options in the set up: Setting 1: 'Activity', Setting 2 'Torque'?

I have found one post from a French Europa with some settings they used, but I'm trying to get more data to present to the LAA about what's been used before with this device. Thanks!

David - I too have a DigiTrak DT2 installed but as I am (still!) not ready to fly I have not yet sorted out any settings. I don’t know offhand of anyone else flying with this wing leveller. I would have thought that LAA engineering would know which UK Europas were fitted with DigiTrak and could provide a list of owners - but maybe I am over-optimistic!

And apologies again for failing to find the eyeball vents that you enquired about a long time ago - I do not know what has happened to them but none of my searches has been successful.

| Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
| <rowlandcarson(at)gmail.com> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk
| Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

n7188u

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Trutrak Digitrak settings Reply with quote

Hi David,

I know my answer won’t be a direct answer since I don’t have this AP in my Europa but I have it my LongEZ. I installed it 10 years ago and it has been flawless.

But I can share my experience with the setup: I set it with the recommended starting points in the manual. And when I turned it on in the first test flight it flew the airplane perfectly.

The setup in a simple unit like this is easy and the manual is fairly clear. And this leveler is great and gentle. Start with the lowest Activity (gain) setting and highest torque. The important one for control is the gain. If you test it with the low setting and it can’t keep the wings level or a course just increase it a little. If you go up to much it will oscillate the wings specially in turbulence or when you bump the ailerons. At that point just back of a point or two. In my case changes in gain made not much of a difference. That is how good this unit is. It is just very stable. It’s better to have the lowest gain you can get away with that still flies the airplane well.

Once the gain is set back off on the torque until the unit still flies well and you can override the ailerons. But you can play with it as much as you want with full torque but be ready to turn it off if something wonky happens which with this gentle unit I doubt it will.

I bet it will be just fine. Remember that this unit only keeps the wings level and tracks a course. Those two functions are rather easy to control without much setup. Now, flying an ILS, that’s another story Smile

Hope it helps
Chris

Davidcripps

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:54 am    Post subject: Trutrak Digitrak settings Reply with quote

Chris

Thank you very much for this feedback and positive comments about the system.

I can certainly incorporate this experience into my Europa set up!

Best regards

David

Quote:
On 23 Sep 2023, at 23:04, n7188u <chmgarb(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Hi David,

I know my answer won’t be a direct answer since I don’t have this AP in my Europa but I have it my LongEZ. I installed it 10 years ago and it has been flawless.

But I can share my experience with the setup: I set it with the recommended starting points in the manual. And when I turned it on in the first test flight it flew the airplane perfectly.

The setup in a simple unit like this is easy and the manual is fairly clear. And this leveler is great and gentle. Start with the lowest Activity (gain) setting and highest torque. The important one for control is the gain. If you test it with the low setting and it can’t keep the wings level or a course just increase it a little. If you go up to much it will oscillate the wings specially in turbulence or when you bump the ailerons. At that point just back of a point or two. In my case changes in gain made not much of a difference. That is how good this unit is. It is just very stable. It’s better to have the lowest gain you can get away with that still flies the airplane well.

Once the gain is set back off on the torque until the unit still flies well and you can override the ailerons. But you can play with it as much as you want with full torque but be ready to turn it off if something wonky happens which with this gentle unit I doubt it will.

I bet it will be just fine. Remember that this unit only keeps the wings level and tracks a course. Those two functions are rather easy to control without much setup. Now, flying an ILS, that’s another story Smile

Hope it helps
Chris

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=511477#511477

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: