Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a north-eastern USA builder/flyer for a favour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davidcripps

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject: Looking for a north-eastern USA builder/flyer for a favour Reply with quote

Pete
Glad you managed to source what you needed from the US. Can I ask how you are planning to ream out the hinges to take this new, larger pin, or are the hinges sufficiently worn that a 2.5mm pin will just slide in anyway?
Thanks
David
GBWJH

Quote:
On 24 Oct 2022, at 18:16, Pete Zut <peterz(at)zutrasoft.com> wrote:

update: just now I did manage to a place a credit card order using my old zutrasoft inc. company. Very Happy

(last time they refused)
Fingers x'd!!!
Cheers,
PeteZ
C-GNPZ

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 1:08 PM Pete Zut <peterz(at)zutrasoft.com (peterz(at)zutrasoft.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Sadly McMaster Carr will not entertain any Canadian Customers unless they are a large commercial account.
My hinges are worn and require replacement or reaming/fitting larger pins (a common issue for all us flyers).  Std 3/32" 3087 welding rod would be a terrific idea for all new builders - to replace the factory-loose pins in std aviation extruded hinge material, and prevent/reduce this wear issue. Sadly, once worn, 3/32" will no longer fix a worn hinge problem.
Thus I am looking for a unicorn size 2.5mm (0.098") stainless (308/316 etc) close tolerance rod.
The only place I've found it is of course Mcmaster Carr - who will not take my order. Is there a kind USA-based Europa-ite willing to order for me and re-post to me up here in Ottawa, ON, Canada K2S1L1?
the item in question which may also be helpful for other builders/flyers:
https://www.mcmaster.com/rods/diameter~2-5mm/
"Combine these general purpose drive shafts with gears, sprockets, and bearings to transmit rotary motion. All are precision ground to meet tight diameter and straightness tolerances.

Stainless steel shafts are more corrosion resistant than steel shafts but also more difficult to machine. 316 stainless steel shafts have excellent corrosion resistance.

Shafts with chamfered edges have their edges ground to reduce damage to bearings, housings, and other components during installation.

3D CAD models availableFor technical drawings and 3-D models, click on a part number.
Lg. Lg. Tolerance Straightness
Tolerance Edge Type Hardness
Rating Hardness Yield
Metric—316 Stainless Steel
2.5mm Dia. (Tolerance: -0.005mm to 0mm)
200mm -0.25mm to 0.25mm Not Rated Chamfered Medium Rockwell B83 42,000 1265K24 $15.67"
Many thanks!
PeteZ
C-GNPZ

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: