Folding bike that fits through baggage door?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
digidocs

Joined: 04 Dec 2013

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject: Folding bike that fits through baggage door? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm curious to hear if anyone has found a folding bike that will fit through the baggage door.  Would be especially neat if two would fit!
David

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
dmasys2(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:17 am    Post subject: Folding bike that fits through baggage door? Reply with quote

I have a couple of older Dahon's with 16 inch wheels that fit through the baggage door.  In order to fit two at least one back seat has to come out, though.

-Dan Masys

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 11:50 PM David Carr <junk(at)dcarr.org (junk(at)dcarr.org)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi all,

I'm curious to hear if anyone has found a folding bike that will fit through the baggage door.  Would be especially neat if two would fit!
David

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
digidocs

Joined: 04 Dec 2013

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject: Folding bike that fits through baggage door? Reply with quote

Geoff and Dan,

Thanks for your replies.  The GoCycle is very cool (albeit a bit pricey) and it sounds like a 16" Dahon might fit the bill.  I'll post back if I find out any more information.
David
On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 7:20 AM Dan Masys <dmasys2(at)gmail.com (dmasys2(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
I have a couple of older Dahon's with 16 inch wheels that fit through the baggage door.  In order to fit two at least one back seat has to come out, though.

-Dan Masys

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 11:50 PM David Carr <junk(at)dcarr.org (junk(at)dcarr.org)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi all,

I'm curious to hear if anyone has found a folding bike that will fit through the baggage door.  Would be especially neat if two would fit!
David

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Areba21

Joined: 22 May 2021

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Folding bike that fits through baggage door? Reply with quote

digidocs wrote:
Hi all,

I'm curious to hear if anyone has found a folding bike that will fit through the baggage door.  Would be especially neat if two would fit!
David

I also own a Scwhinn 20-inch bike, you can check reviews at dirt bike advisor which I recently used on a trip that required me to bike approximately 10 miles after landing. I stowed it in the cargo hold of a Piper Archer. Except for getting it on the wing to fit back there (it wouldn't fit through the door), it was simple.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
dmasys2(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Folding bike that fits through baggage door? Reply with quote

I have a couple of single speed 16 inch Dahons (purchased back in the 80's from Camping World) that fit easily through the RV-10 baggage door.  And a more recent 20 inch Dahon MU P8 that won't but rides like a big bike and is easy to toss into the back seat.  The 16 inchers have steel frames and weigh almost exactly as much as the magnesium framed 20 inch bike.

-Dan Masys

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 8:50 AM Areba21 <arebbaloch1122(at)gmail.com (arebbaloch1122(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
--> RV10-List message posted by: "Areba21" <arebbaloch1122(at)gmail.com (arebbaloch1122(at)gmail.com)>

digidocs wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm curious to hear if anyone has found a folding bike that will fit through the baggage door.  Would be especially neat if two would fit!
>

> David

I also own a Scwhinn 20-inch bike, you can check reviews at dirt bike advisor (https://dirtbikeadvisor.com) which I recently used on a trip that required me to bike approximately 10 miles after landing. I stowed it in the cargo hold of a Piper Archer. Except for getting it on the wing to fit back there (it wouldn't fit through the door), it was simple.

===========
-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
ronyboy

Joined: 22 Mar 2021

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Folding bike that fits through baggage door? Reply with quote

Bern bike i like the idea

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours