Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22

Jim Kelly

Location: England

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:08 am    Post subject: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22 Reply with quote

What I did with my beautiful Europa was complete a perfect groundloop. Prop gone undercarriage gone. 😉

On Tue, 19 Apr 2022, 07:37 Europa-List Digest Server, <europa-list(at)matronics.com (europa-list(at)matronics.com)> wrote:

Quote:
*

 =========================
   Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive
 =========================

Today's complete Europa-List Digest can also be found in either of the
two Web Links listed below.  The .html file includes the Digest formatted
in HTML for viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes
and Message Navigation.  The .txt file includes the plain ASCII version
of the Europa-List Digest and can be viewed with a generic text editor
such as Notepad or with a web browser.

HTML Version:

    http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=html&Chapter=2022-04-18&Archive=Europa

Text Version:

    http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=txt&Chapter=2022-04-18&Archive=Europa

 =======================
   EMail Version of Today's List Digest Archive
 =======================

                           Europa-List Digest Archive
                                      ---
                     Total Messages Posted Mon 04/18/22: 6

Today's Message Index:
----------------------

     1. 03:16 AM - Antenna toroid  (MikeP)
     2. 07:29 AM - Re: What did you do with your Europa 4/11 - 4/18  (n7188u)
     3. 11:36 AM - Re: What did you do with your Europa 4/11 - 4/18  (phillik747)
     4. 11:45 AM - Re: Re: What did you do with your Europa 4/11 - 4/18  (William Daniell)
     5. 12:06 PM - Re: Re: What did you do with your Europa 4/11 - 4/18  (Pete)
     6. 06:01 PM - What did you do with your Europa this week 4/18 - 4/25  (h&amp;jeuropa)

________________________________  Message 1  _____________________________________

Time: 03:16:51 AM PST US
Subject: Antenna toroid
From: "MikeP" <mpotts(at)clara.net (mpotts(at)clara.net)>

Anyone know if there is a replacement part for the Philips toroid 4330 030 34420?

thanks
Mike

________________________________  Message 2  _____________________________________

Time: 07:29:45 AM PST US
Subject: Re: What did you do with your Europa 4/11 - 4/18
From: "n7188u" <chmgarb(at)gmail.com (chmgarb(at)gmail.com)>

Cute video goff Smile

My kids are now older teenagers and sometimes it is hard to drag them to the Europa.
But when I am successful (generally when it involves having to go somewhere
5 hours away in car, 1.5 hours in the Europa) they have a blast!

I really hope I will be able to enjoy a grandkid one day!

Best,
Chris

________________________________  Message 3  _____________________________________

Time: 11:36:00 AM PST US
From: "phillik747" <helperpsp(at)gmail.com (helperpsp(at)gmail.com)>

I hope to be able to fly my teenagers around before they move out. I was fabricating
the oil bracket for the 912.

--------
Kyle
Europa Tri-gear (under construction)

________________________________  Message 4  _____________________________________

Time: 11:45:23 AM PST US
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com (wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com)>
Subject: Re: Re: What did you do with your Europa 4/11 - 4/18

Finally......got around to starting the installation of the fairings
between main gear spats and legs....fitted and removed about 100 times
before satisfied.

Now have to to nutplates and the the upper fuze/leg fairings.

And then have to fill and sand...and paint

Never done....

William Daniell
+1 786 878 0246

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022, 13:38 phillik747 <helperpsp(at)gmail.com (helperpsp(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

> I hope to be able to fly my teenagers around before they move out. I was
> fabricating the oil bracket for the 912.
>

> --------
> Kyle
> Europa Tri-gear (under construction)
>

> Read this topic online here:

________________________________  Message 5  _____________________________________

Time: 12:06:28 PM PST US
From: Pete <peterz(at)zutrasoft.com (peterz(at)zutrasoft.com)>

Still troubleshooting the newish 80hz fuse resonance (at)5kish rpm..on
ly at cruise. Replaced the isolation rubber with Lord=99s (ve
ry soft). Had to reduce the spacer lengths to 1.5=9D to deal with the v
ery large startup and shutdown movements of the high compression 912S. Also h
ad to cut through the cowling (ugh) to lower the oil can, to avoid the heade
r hitting it during the swings. Also had to clearance the footwells for the s
ame reason, as well as the airbox.

The plane is much quieter now tho!

Cheers,
PeteZ
C-GNPZ

> On Apr 18, 2022, at 2:50 PM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com (wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com)>
 wrote:

> =EF=BB
> Finally......got around to starting the installation of the fairings betwe
en main gear spats and legs....fitted and removed about 100 times before sat
isfied.

> Now have to to nutplates and the the upper fuze/leg fairings.
>
> And then have to fill and sand...and paint
>
> Never done....
>
> William Daniell
> +1 786 878 0246
>
>> On Mon, Apr 18, 2022, 13:38 phillik747 <helperpsp(at)gmail.com (helperpsp(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
>>
>> I hope to be able to fly my teenagers around before they move out. I was f
abricating the oil bracket for the 912.

>> --------
>> Kyle
>> Europa Tri-gear (under construction)
>>

>> Read this topic online here:
>>
>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=506573#506573
>>

>> ==========
>> pa-List" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matro
nics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
>> ==========
>> FORUMS -
>> eferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
>> ==========
>> WIKI -
>> errer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
>> ==========
>> b Site -
>>           -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
>> ="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://matronics.com/contri
bution
>> ==========

________________________________  Message 6  _____________________________________

Time: 06:01:18 PM PST US
Subject: What did you do with your Europa this week 4/18 - 4/25
From: "h&amp;jeuropa" <butcher43(at)att.net (butcher43(at)att.net)>

Starting thread for this week.

Thanks for all the notes last week.  Good to see people out and about.

Jim

===========
pa-List" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://matronics.com/contribution
===========

Jim GBWEG
h&jeuropa

Joined: 07 Nov 2006

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22 Reply with quote

Jim,

So sorry to hear this. I trust there were no injuries to you or crew. Hopefully you can repair and get back in the air.

Jim Butcher

wdaniell.longport(at)gmai
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22 Reply with quote

They say there are two types of tailwheel pilot...those that have ground looped and those that will.Sorry to hear that.
Will

William Daniell
+1 786 878 0246

From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com (wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com)>

Finally......got around to starting the installation of the fairings
between main gear spats and legs....fitted and removed about 100 times
before satisfied.

Now have to to nutplates and the the upper fuze/leg fairings.

And then have to fill and sand...and paint

Never done....

William Daniell
+1 786 878 0246

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022, 13:38 phillik747 <helperpsp(at)gmail.com (helperpsp(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

> I hope to be able to fly my teenagers around before they move out. I was
> fabricating the oil bracket for the 912.
>

> --------
> Kyle
> Europa Tri-gear (under construction)
>

> Read this topic online here:

________________________________  Message 5  _____________________________________

Time: 12:06:28 PM PST US
From: Pete <peterz(at)zutrasoft.com (peterz(at)zutrasoft.com)>

Still troubleshooting the newish 80hz fuse resonance (at)5kish rpm..on
ly at cruise. Replaced the isolation rubber with Lord=99s (ve
ry soft). Had to reduce the spacer lengths to 1.5=9D to deal with the v
ery large startup and shutdown movements of the high compression 912S. Also h
ad to cut through the cowling (ugh) to lower the oil can, to avoid the heade
r hitting it during the swings. Also had to clearance the footwells for the s
ame reason, as well as the airbox.

The plane is much quieter now tho!

Cheers,
PeteZ
C-GNPZ

> On Apr 18, 2022, at 2:50 PM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com (wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com)>
 wrote:

> =EF=BB
> Finally......got around to starting the installation of the fairings betwe
en main gear spats and legs....fitted and removed about 100 times before sat
isfied.

> Now have to to nutplates and the the upper fuze/leg fairings.
>
> And then have to fill and sand...and paint
>
> Never done....
>
> William Daniell
> +1 786 878 0246
>
>> On Mon, Apr 18, 2022, 13:38 phillik747 <helperpsp(at)gmail.com (helperpsp(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
>>
>> I hope to be able to fly my teenagers around before they move out. I was f
abricating the oil bracket for the 912.

>> --------
>> Kyle
>> Europa Tri-gear (under construction)
>>

>> Read this topic online here:
>>
>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=506573#506573
>>

>> ==========
>> pa-List" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matro
nics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
>> ==========
>> FORUMS -
>> eferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
>> ==========
>> WIKI -
>> errer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
>> ==========
>> b Site -
>>           -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
>> ="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://matronics.com/contri
bution
>> ==========

________________________________  Message 6  _____________________________________

Time: 06:01:18 PM PST US
From: "h&amp;jeuropa" <butcher43(at)att.net (butcher43(at)att.net)>

Starting thread for this week.

Thanks for all the notes last week.  Good to see people out and about.

Jim

===========
pa-List" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://matronics.com/contribution
===========

raimo.toivio(at)rwm.fi
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:12 am    Post subject: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22 Reply with quote

Hello all types of groundloopers!

There are also known few serial-ground-loopers - they are then the third-type-tailwheel-pilots.

I still patiently wait my first happen with my beloved Europa.
I´m still very proud of my original Airmaster CS-prop with original Warp Drive blades.

Maybe that happens tomorrow - experience (so far 854 mostly happy monowheel landings) helps, but it is definetely not a quarantee.
Experienced pilots tends to stress their limits, and then, the devil is lurking just around the corner...errr...the loop.
I have dicked my nose blood several times, mostly when landing to Danish islands like Endealave.
However,

I have that experience with an other tailwheeled ac - it´s tailwheel went suddenly broken during the take-off, and a superfast 180° loop followed.
It´s starboard side wing collapsed (a high-wing-type), fuel make me wet (a wing tank) and a gear collapsed also - in a split second - it was a super-fast-action.
I did not cut the electrics because of the spark risk, and it was difficult to get out - I got some help by airport´s fire-men.
Wheather was then totally calm, an exellent late summer evening. It was a total surprise then.

I´m so sad I haven´t then an action camera on.
I´m also happy that my daughter was not omboard - I had invited her to join to a little evening flight, but she happily said "no father - so boring...".

Safe flights,
- Raimo
allekirjoitus2

Cheers, Raimo Toivio

[img]cid:part1.EOseZdW9.S1h2ObD7(at)rwm.fi[/img]

Europa XS Mono OH-XRT #417 2007
Antonov AN-2 TDSRM AirCamper HA-MDO 1987
Beechcraft C45 Twin OH-BLL 1953

37500 Lempäälä
FINLAND

tel. +358-3-3753 777
m. +358-40-590 1450

www.rwm.fi
info(at)rwm.fi (info(at)rwm.fi)
William Daniell kirjoitti 19.4.2022 klo 18:06:

[...]

    [url=http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=html&Chapter 22-04-18&Archive=Europa]http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=html&Chapter 22-04-18&Archive=Europa[/url]

Text Version:

    [url=http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=txt&Chapter 22-04-18&Archive=Europa]http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=txt&Chapter 22-04-18&Archive=Europa[/url]

 =======================

From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com (wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com)>

Finally......got around to starting the installation of the fairings
between main gear spats and legs....fitted and removed about 100 times
before satisfied.

Now have to to nutplates and the the upper fuze/leg fairings.

And then have to fill and sand...and paint

Never done....

William Daniell
+1 786 878 0246

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022, 13:38 phillik747 <helperpsp(at)gmail.com (helperpsp(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

> I hope to be able to fly my teenagers around before they move out. I was
> fabricating the oil bracket for the 912.
>

> --------
> Kyle
> Europa Tri-gear (under construction)
>

> Read this topic online here:

________________________________  Message 5  _____________________________________

Time: 12:06:28 PM PST US
From: Pete <peterz(at)zutrasoft.com (peterz(at)zutrasoft.com)>

Still troubleshooting the newish 80hz fuse resonance (at)5kish rpm..on
ly at cruise. Replaced the isolation rubber with Lord=99s (ve
ry soft). Had to reduce the spacer lengths to 1.5=9D to deal with the v
ery large startup and shutdown movements of the high compression 912S. Also h
ad to cut through the cowling (ugh) to lower the oil can, to avoid the heade
r hitting it during the swings. Also had to clearance the footwells for the s
ame reason, as well as the airbox.

The plane is much quieter now tho!

Cheers,
PeteZ
C-GNPZ

> On Apr 18, 2022, at 2:50 PM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com (wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com)>
 wrote:

> =EF=BB
> Finally......got around to starting the installation of the fairings betwe
en main gear spats and legs....fitted and removed about 100 times before sat
isfied.

> Now have to to nutplates and the the upper fuze/leg fairings.
>
> And then have to fill and sand...and paint
>
> Never done....
>
> William Daniell
> +1 786 878 0246
>
>> On Mon, Apr 18, 2022, 13:38 phillik747 <helperpsp(at)gmail.com (helperpsp(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
>>
>> I hope to be able to fly my teenagers around before they move out. I was f
abricating the oil bracket for the 912.

>> --------
>> Kyle
>> Europa Tri-gear (under construction)
>>

>> Read this topic online here:
>>
>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=506573#506573
>>

>> ==========
>> pa-List" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matro
nics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
>> ==========
>> FORUMS -
>> eferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
>> ==========
>> WIKI -
>> errer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
>> ==========
>> b Site -
>>           -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
>> ="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://matronics.com/contri
bution
>> ==========

________________________________  Message 6  _____________________________________

Time: 06:01:18 PM PST US
From: "h&amp;jeuropa" <butcher43(at)att.net (butcher43(at)att.net)>

Starting thread for this week.

Thanks for all the notes last week.  Good to see people out and about.

Jim

===========
pa-List" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://matronics.com/contribution
===========

Europa.png
 Filesize:  51.52 KB
 Viewed:  2183 Time(s)

Europa.png

Back to top
n7188u

Joined: 15 Nov 2015

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22 Reply with quote

Working on the annual. Yesterday removed the wings for the first time since first flight. So far no significant findings (just a few minor findings and simple improvements that I wanted to implement)

It was actually fun to take the wings off. This is such a cool feature of this airplane.

Still struggling to find an easy way to lift the airplane for wheel maintenance and retract test. I thought I had a good system with a motorcycle jack only to find that I put a small dent in the bottom due to the bottle jack arm contacting the fuselage Evil or Very Mad

Hoisting from the engine mount is a way I have successfully used but now that I have the cold air plenum it involves taking it off (not a fan of hoisting from the Rotax ring mount, looks like too much arm). I would like to jack using a pad at the wing root (I do that with my LongEZ) but not sure if the skin in the wing bottom can take it.

I think ideally, but a bit of work, it would be to make one of the nifty dolly's I have seen in the Europa forums (ala glider). Just need to figure how to make the fiberglass cradles at the bottom of the fuselage sides since now it's impractical to flip the fuselage upside down (don't think the fiberglass will stay attached to the fuselage skin while it cures)

Best Regards,
Chris

IMG_0814.JPG
 Filesize:  100.62 KB
 Viewed:  2175 Time(s)

IMG_0814.JPG

budyerly@msn.com

Joined: 05 Oct 2019
Location: Florida USA

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22 Reply with quote

Chris,
The mono is the worlds most helpless aircraft on the ground, but it is really easy to jack with a hydraulic engine lift. Others have built a trellis or post and beam lift and roll it back into the rear of the hangar/garage when not needed.

It only takes minutes to run a strap through the engine / landing gear frame and raise the aircraft. Pad a couple of saw horses to steady the wings and raise the aircraft. The mono can tip so steady the wings and retract away.

For safety sake make sure your lift is stable and just get it done. My shop hoist is 20 years old, bought at a discount store and lifts 1000 pounds at $250. I prefer the overhead lift for stability and the gear area is completely clear. You can even make an overhead lift from wood and put an electric lift on it if you like.

Some don't like the straps, and if I owned a mono I would make metal straps for around the gear frame and leave them on permanently but it only takes a few minutes to do three wraps of a 600 pound strap to hook to the lift.

For a tire change the lift block is fine, but again, steady the wings.

The fuselage of the Europa is just not set up for lifting well. The firewall foot wells are not a bad support area. (My cradle has fitted supports there and one at the rear bulkhead.

The problem with putting any lift under the plane is, it just gets in the way of other maintenance. That is why the overhead lift is so convenient. Open floor space under the aircraft to roll around with a creeper and get on with the work. Even with the trigear, you can lift the nose gear off the ground and work safely. Of course then what would I do with my rope and concrete blocks for holding the tail down. I should patent that counterweight idea.

Just my thoughts.
Bud Yerly

n7188u

Joined: 15 Nov 2015

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22 Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Bud.

I used to have a borrowed engine hoist that worked well but the airplane was lighter then. Per your feedback I see it is not a problem even with a completed airplane.

One question: the cold air plenum gets in the way of the inner portion of the engine mount which is where I used to hoist from. I need to look at it but I think the only part accessible now is the Rotax ring mount. Should I use this (limited strapping points) or should I take the plenum out?

Chris

spcialeffects

Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Location: Kent

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22 Reply with quote

Love your honesty Jim, thanks for sharing. Not a good feeling but does get easier. Hope the repairs go speedily

budyerly@msn.com

Joined: 05 Oct 2019
Location: Florida USA

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22 Reply with quote

To Chris,

The solutions for the Mono engine hoist are obvious and not so obvious or tollerable.

1. The easiest way to get access on the 912 XS FWF is to remove the air plenum. Wrap a strap around the frame, make sure the spinner clears and haul away.

2. I lift at the short area between the gear frame and the isolation mount using a one inch strap mostly. However, I have seen two interesting ideas presented back in or around 2000.

a. Use a 1/8 inch cable with nylon tubing over it (or was it thick heat shrink I couldn't tell. The cable was routed around the horizontal landing gear mount tube at the top where the bungee resides. The cable had larger thimbles and with two cables identically on each side, he had a small hook to engage his lift. The plane was converted to a trigear and I've lost track of it. The 1/8 inch cables are strong enough and were left on the plane permanently. The cables did not interfere with the lift and were just clear of the plenum box. Problem was our original shop engine lift would not extend far enough without hitting the spinner on his plane. What a bummer that was. We got a 40 foot lift platform and installed a chain hoist in the shop after that.

b. The other neat idea was Jim Brown's. He used two pieces of steel strap of 1/16th inch and 1.5 inches wide. He covered the metal in thick heat shrink and folded it around the tube just outside his bungee. He figured the steel was .09 square inches and the steel should be 125K PSI tensile so one on each side should work as each was 1000 pounds capable. He then put a bolt shackle through the strap for the lift points. I don't know if he ever installed what he made as his Rotax needed a new stator and we had to pull the engine. Once the stator was installed I lost track of what he made at the shop for a hoist.

c. Any hoist should be well thought out and easy to use. The hoist mechanism should be well braced and allow gear access (why I prefer a hoist trellis vs a long arm engine hoist) for maintenance under the wheel well area. Remember that a hydraulic engine hoist must have its legs extended well behind the hook point or the load as you get into the plane while hoisted will be outside the area of the base of the hoist. Use extreme caution around aircraft that are jacked up when climbing aboard to cycle gear or do cockpit work with an aircraft on a hoist. The CG and lift forces change dramatically.

d. Finally, a method of support is critical should the hoist fail, and the only jack stand position that I believe is safe for continuous use is under the foot wells. So, fabrication is needed to build a safety stand.

e. I do not see the hydraulic motorcycle type jack stands to be usable for me because the jack gets in the way of any work to be done in the black hole of Calcutta wheel well. Jim Butcher has a wood hoist he uses and it takes a bit of time to unbolt and store in his trailer but is really convenient for hoisting his aircraft. If I had a hangar only to work in, I'd build one. It is very stable but note the area of his floor base. It is wide for a reason.

Having a lift plan is nice if you ground loop/gear collapse/runway departure and need to hoist the aircraft. However, the crash recovery crews may not listen to you unless you put a large arrow saying remove cowl to access the lift point. Many an aircraft has been nearly destroyed by crash recovery crews. They do not understand a builder owner. You are just a dumb pilot that crashed on their runway and they need to get the trash cleared and protect lives. OK, sorry for the sarcasm.

Bud

n7188u

Joined: 15 Nov 2015

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 04/18/22 Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback Bud. During construction I used a friend's engine hoist successfully. I currently don't have that hoist but of course they are not really expensive.

For traveling I do have a jack block I carry in the airplane. And would certainly remove the plenum box if I needed to jack the airplane up.

In my hangar I have a hoist attached to the roof rafters that is good for engine work and used it to lift the airplane without wings. Now that the airplane is assembled and heavier I am a little leery of lifting it using that hoist (although it is quite practical).

But I got plenty of info right now. Thanks for all the help the various forum members provided!

Chris