Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rotax 912 ignition modules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:56 am    Post subject: Rotax 912 ignition modules Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I had some problems with my engine for a while, it just did not seem to put out full power anymore (engine is from 1995). I replaced a number of ignition components, among them the coils and electronic ignition modules, and it made a big difference. It is running good again. 

I found this company that makes ignition system parts: 
www.ignitech.cz/

I installed their Rotax replacement ignition modules and am very happy with them. First of all, they cost <<< than the Rotax parts, they provide a wiring harness with the same connectors as Rotax, with custom length so that they don't have to be installed on top of the engine where they get fried and they allow using battery power for starting, which means my engine now starts with the first turn of the prop, regardless on how slow the starter cranks.
I installed the new modules in my Pulsar on the cabin side of the firewall, with 2 new switches for battery power. The installation added about 1 lb of weight, but it is well worth it.
Sonja

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
redbaron(at)kabsi.at

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:22 am    Post subject: Rotax 912 ignition modules Reply with quote

Good morning Sonja, could we hear more details on the parts used? Would the fit on the 912S older version?
B r.
Herbert
Von meinem/meiner Galaxy gesendet

-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------
Von: Sonja Englert <paqs345(at)gmail.com>
Datum: 08.02.22 17:58 (GMT+01:00)
An: pulsar-list <pulsar-list(at)matronics.com>, Pulsar Aviators <Pulsar-Aviators(at)yahoogroups.com>
Betreff: Pulsar-List: Rotax 912 ignition modules

Hi Guys,
I had some problems with my engine for a while, it just did not seem to put out full power anymore (engine is from 1995). I replaced a number of ignition components, among them the coils and electronic ignition modules, and it made a big difference. It is running good again. 

www.ignitech.cz/

I installed their Rotax replacement ignition modules and am very happy with them. First of all, they cost <<< than the Rotax parts, they provide a wiring harness with the same connectors as Rotax, with custom length so that they don't have to be installed on top of the engine where they get fried and they allow using battery power for starting, which means my engine now starts with the first turn of the prop, regardless on how slow the starter cranks.
I installed the new modules in my Pulsar on the cabin side of the firewall, with 2 new switches for battery power. The installation added about 1 lb of weight, but it is well worth it.
Sonja

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject: Rotax 912 ignition modules Reply with quote

Hello Herbert,They have versions for all Rotax models available. The main differences are the connectors. The units are programmed, ready to use, but you can also program them yourself. The modules are a little larger than the original ones and don't have mounting holes. I made my own brackets to hold them.
Sonja
On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 7:24 AM redbaron <redbaron(at)kabsi.at (redbaron(at)kabsi.at)> wrote:

Quote:
Good morning Sonja, could we hear more details on the parts used? Would the fit on the 912S older version?
B r.
Herbert

Von: Sonja Englert <paqs345(at)gmail.com (paqs345(at)gmail.com)>
An: pulsar-list <pulsar-list(at)matronics.com (pulsar-list(at)matronics.com)>, Pulsar Aviators <Pulsar-Aviators(at)yahoogroups.com (Pulsar-Aviators(at)yahoogroups.com)>
Betreff: Rotax 912 ignition modules

Hi Guys,

www.ignitech.cz/

Sonja

herbert.schmaderer(at)aon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject: Rotax 912 ignition modules Reply with quote

Thank you Sonja

Von: Sonja Englert <paqs345(at)gmail.com>
Datum: 09.02.22 16:37 (GMT+01:00)
An: pulsar-list <pulsar-list(at)matronics.com>
Betreff: Re: Pulsar-List: Rotax 912 ignition modules

Hello Herbert,They have versions for all Rotax models available. The main differences are the connectors. The units are programmed, ready to use, but you can also program them yourself. The modules are a little larger than the original ones and don't have mounting holes. I made my own brackets to hold them.
Sonja
On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 7:24 AM redbaron <redbaron(at)kabsi.at (redbaron(at)kabsi.at)> wrote:

Quote:
B r.
Herbert

Von: Sonja Englert <paqs345(at)gmail.com (paqs345(at)gmail.com)>
An: pulsar-list <pulsar-list(at)matronics.com (pulsar-list(at)matronics.com)>, Pulsar Aviators <Pulsar-Aviators(at)yahoogroups.com (Pulsar-Aviators(at)yahoogroups.com)>
Betreff: Pulsar-List: Rotax 912 ignition modules

Hi Guys,

www.ignitech.cz/

Sonja

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: