Rotax 912 ignition modules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
sticky

Joined: 20 Mar 2021
Location: at home

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:56 am    Post subject: Rotax 912 ignition modules Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I had some problems with my engine for a while, it just did not seem to put out full power anymore (engine is from 1995). I replaced a number of ignition components, among them the coils and electronic ignition modules, and it made a big difference. It is running good again.

I found this company that makes ignition system parts:
www.ignitech.cz/

I installed their Rotax replacement ignition modules and am very happy with them. First of all, they cost <<< than the Rotax parts, they provide a wiring harness with the same connectors as Rotax, with custom length so that they don't have to be installed on top of the engine where they get fried and they allow using battery power for starting, which means my engine now starts with the first turn of the prop, regardless on how slow the starter cranks.
I installed the new modules in my Pulsar on the cabin side of the firewall, with 2 new switches for battery power. The installation added about 1 lb of weight, but it is well worth it.
Sonja

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
redbaron(at)kabsi.at
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:22 am    Post subject: Rotax 912 ignition modules Reply with quote

Good morning Sonja, could we hear more details on the parts used? Would the fit on the 912S older version?
B r.
Herbert
Von meinem/meiner Galaxy gesendet

Von: Sonja Englert <paqs345(at)gmail.com>
Datum: 08.02.22 17:58 (GMT+01:00)
An: pulsar-list <pulsar-list(at)matronics.com>, Pulsar Aviators <Pulsar-Aviators(at)yahoogroups.com>
Betreff: Pulsar-List: Rotax 912 ignition modules

[...]

Back to top
sticky

Joined: 20 Mar 2021
Location: at home

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject: Rotax 912 ignition modules Reply with quote

Hello Herbert,They have versions for all Rotax models available. The main differences are the connectors. The units are programmed, ready to use, but you can also program them yourself. The modules are a little larger than the original ones and don't have mounting holes. I made my own brackets to hold them.
Sonja

Von: Sonja Englert <paqs345(at)gmail.com (paqs345(at)gmail.com)>
Datum: 08.02.22 17:58 (GMT+01:00)
An: pulsar-list <pulsar-list(at)matronics.com (pulsar-list(at)matronics.com)>, Pulsar Aviators <Pulsar-Aviators(at)yahoogroups.com (Pulsar-Aviators(at)yahoogroups.com)>
Betreff: Rotax 912 ignition modules

[...]

herbert.schmaderer(at)aon
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject: Rotax 912 ignition modules Reply with quote

Thank you Sonja
Von meinem/meiner Galaxy gesendet

Von: Sonja Englert <paqs345(at)gmail.com (paqs345(at)gmail.com)>
Datum: 08.02.22 17:58 (GMT+01:00)
An: pulsar-list <pulsar-list(at)matronics.com (pulsar-list(at)matronics.com)>, Pulsar Aviators <Pulsar-Aviators(at)yahoogroups.com (Pulsar-Aviators(at)yahoogroups.com)>

[...]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours