video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
lcottrell

Joined: 29 May 2006
Location: Jordan Valley, Or

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject: video Reply with quote

https://vimeo.com/606066789
 Password-   owyheeflyer
We have had our 2021 fly in for this year, and this video covers one of our flights.
Larry
--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
do not archive
rriley351(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject: video Reply with quote

Thank you Larry. I no longer fly but am able to do so by watching your videos. I sure miss my Cessna, Quicksilver, Falcon, Titan, Xair H and the Darling.
Chuck Riley
RCR Light Aircraft
Fresno CA.
On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 7:28 PM Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
https://vimeo.com/606066789
 Password-   owyheeflyer
We have had our 2021 fly in for this year, and this video covers one of our flights.
Larry
--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

--

Chuck Riley
RCR Light Aircraft
Office : 559-224-8841
Cell: 559-493-0338

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
lambdinwilliam(at)gmail.c
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:39 am    Post subject: video Reply with quote

Thanks, Larry. That is some inhospitable terrain you fly over there, but beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Lanny
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2021, at 10:26 PM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
https://vimeo.com/606066789

Password- owyheeflyer

We have had our 2021 fly in for this year, and this video covers one of our flights.

Larry

-- The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
jhauck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:42 am    Post subject: video Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing.  Hard to believe it has been 13 years.  Glad you all had a good flyin and everyone is safe.

Waiting on word from my truck.

john

We have had our 2021 fly in for this year, and this video covers one of our flights.

Larry

--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
zeprep251(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:35 am    Post subject: video Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing those memories with us.John was before my time with the Kolb group at Monument Valley but it was easy to see the
honor he held in your group.Always enjoy your stories and videos.
G.Aman Akron Ohio

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
jaydub

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject: video Reply with quote

Hi Larry,
I was trying to think of where the flying took place. It reminds me of the Craters of the Moon area of Idaho but I know I've also seen the lava flows like that in other Western states.

Thanks,
Jay

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
lcottrell

Joined: 29 May 2006
Location: Jordan Valley, Or

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject: video Reply with quote

https://vimeo.com/607053934  password   owyheeflyer
A view of the top of the Sheepheads.
Larry
--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
do not archive
cronmcclure(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:29 am    Post subject: video Reply with quote

Hi Larry
I enjoyed your latest video, as always.  Very relaxing to watch.  We are plagued with smoke here in Northern Wyoming as well.
What camera and software do you use?  I'd like to put one on my Kolb.
Ron McClure
On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 9:24 PM Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
https://vimeo.com/607053934  password   owyheeflyer
A view of the top of the Sheepheads.
Larry
--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
lcottrell

Joined: 29 May 2006
Location: Jordan Valley, Or

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject: video Reply with quote

I am using a Virb Elite by Garmin. I understand that they are not in production anymore. I think they have been replaced by several newer models, but are still available. One of the newer ones is a 360 view camera. The elite does all I need and want. (at this time)
The problem with cameras and our type of planes is that it takes a long time to get anywhere that would look good on film. The biggest problem is finding somewhere that the vibration does not interfere. For me that is on the pitot tube fitting on the very front of the nose pod. There is a remote that comes with this camera, but I am not able to reliably record the scenes that I want, since I can not actually see when it is recording or not. More often than not I have found that I shut the camera off when the actual scene that I wanted to record came up and turned it back on when the place that I wanted to record had passed under the plane. I have solved the problem by setting this camera to record when the plane moves. When the plane stops the recording stops. The battery can last longer than I have the fuel to fly, so all I have left to do is to edit out what I don't want to see.  This camera also records a large variety of data, such as altitude,GPS, speed and a bunch of things that I don't need. What I like the most is the clarity of the camera.
I have tried go pro, but while they have the best "stability", the battery will only last for about 40 minutes, so there I am again with shutting it on and off. I once had to fly the same "nerve wracking" and high risk canyon four times before I actually got the video that I wanted, because the camera wasn't recording when I thought it was. I realize that the fault was mine, but it happened so regularly and consistently that it wasn't worth the effort, and the bother.
Larry
On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 2:31 AM ron mcclure <cronmcclure(at)gmail.com (cronmcclure(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

[...]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: video Reply with quote

Thanks, Larry.  I look for the brand you use.  It certainly produces a nice video.
Ron
On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 7:13 AM Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

[...]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours