Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

Hey, All!

I need to replace some problematic original Russian rigid air lines. I would like to do that with a more flexible aluminum tubing. Has anyone else done this? And do you have any recommendations on what to use and where to get it? Thanks so much… Fly safe!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Yak 52 / N21YK. ^/---//-X
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
bwade154(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

Rico I remember a guy using Stainless Steel Braided Hose with AN fittings

On Saturday, June 26, 2021, 02:51:46 PM EDT, Rico Jaeger <rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com> wrote:

Hey, All!

I need to replace some problematic original Russian rigid air lines. I would like to do that with a more flexible aluminum tubing. Has anyone else done this? And do you have any recommendations on what to use and where to get it? Thanks so much… Fly safe!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

That sounds awesome! Does anyone have specks for that swap?? Assuming the original B nut is retained…? Thanks, Bill!!!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of bill wade <bwade154(at)yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2021 9:31 AM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com <yak-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Re: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement

Rico I remember a guy using Stainless Steel Braided Hose with AN fittings

On Saturday, June 26, 2021, 02:51:46 PM EDT, Rico Jaeger <rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com> wrote:

Hey, All!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

markbitterlich(at)embarqm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

Rico.  I'm quite surprised no one has made this clear.  AN fitting threads will not go on Russian threaded fittings.  You can make a kind of lashup using standard Teflon core stainless steel flex hose, if you can assemble it with the Russian fitting on top of the flare end, but I am not aware of anyone selling that pre-assembled.  And.... it is kind of a huge deal to convert the whole airplane over to "AN" standard. 

What would be way cool is if someone made cross series adapters.   Seems to me I remember someone selling such an animal years ago for the engine fittings. I think it was the Pitts Model 12.  You might look into that. 
It is possible to use the Russian nuts on American pipe, with the proper flare, but I believe someone already explained that. 
AN fittings will not fit on Russian metric B nuts. 
Good Luck!
MGB
-------- Original message --------
Date: 6/27/21 2:12 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Yak-List: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement

That sounds awesome! Does anyone have specks for that swap?? Assuming the original B nut is retained…? Thanks, Bill!!!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of bill wade <bwade154(at)yahoo.com>

Hey, All!

I need to replace some problematic original Russian  rigid air lines. I would like to do that with a more flexible aluminum tubing. Has anyone else done this? And do you have any recommendations on what to use and where to get it? Thanks so much… Fly safe!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

69gcbc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

https://www.92ndwestaviation.com/m14p-radial-engine
On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 1:47 PM Mark Bitterlich <markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com (markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Rico.  I'm quite surprised no one has made this clear.  AN fitting threads will not go on Russian threaded fittings.  You can make a kind of lashup using standard Teflon core stainless steel flex hose, if you can assemble it with the Russian fitting on top of the flare end, but I am not aware of anyone selling that pre-assembled.  And.... it is kind of a huge deal to convert the whole airplane over to "AN" standard. 

What would be way cool is if someone made cross series adapters.   Seems to me I remember someone selling such an animal years ago for the engine fittings. I think it was the Pitts Model 12.  You might look into that. 
It is possible to use the Russian nuts on American pipe, with the proper flare, but I believe someone already explained that. 
Good Luck!
MGB
From: Rico Jaeger <rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com (rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com)>
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of bill wade <bwade154(at)yahoo.com (bwade154(at)yahoo.com)>
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com) <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>

On Saturday, June 26, 2021, 02:51:46 PM EDT, Rico Jaeger <rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com (rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:

Hey, All!

I need to replace some problematic original Russian  rigid air lines. I would like to do that with a more flexible aluminum tubing. Has anyone else done this? And do you have any recommendations on what to use and where to get it? Thanks so much… Fly safe!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

Thanks Todd! That is EXACTLY what I remember seeing!

You're da shit dude. 
Mark
Date: 6/27/21 4:55 PM (GMT-05:00)

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 1:47 PM Mark Bitterlich <markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com (markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Good Luck!
MGB

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of bill wade <bwade154(at)yahoo.com (bwade154(at)yahoo.com)>
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com) <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>

On Saturday, June 26, 2021, 02:51:46 PM EDT, Rico Jaeger <rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com (rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:

Hey, All!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

dsavarese0812(at)bellsout

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

The only AN part that applies here is an AN 4 sleeve that fits over the American 1/4” 5052 tubing and inside of the metric B nut. ie: slide the metric B nut over the tubing, then the AN4 sleeve. Then flare the tubing.

5052 aluminum is soft enough to “form” over the metric male flare even if the 5052 tubing is flared with the standard AN flaring tool.
Dennis

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jun 27, 2021, at 5:00 PM, Mark Bitterlich <markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com> wrote:

You're da shit dude.
Mark

Quote:
Rico. I'm quite surprised no one has made this clear. AN fitting threads will not go on Russian threaded fittings. You can make a kind of lashup using standard Teflon core stainless steel flex hose, if you can assemble it with the Russian fitting on top of the flare end, but I am not aware of anyone selling that pre-assembled. And.... it is kind of a huge deal to convert the whole airplane over to "AN" standard.

What would be way cool is if someone made cross series adapters. Seems to me I remember someone selling such an animal years ago for the engine fittings. I think it was the Pitts Model 12. You might look into that.
Good Luck!
MGB

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

Hey, All!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

I get that, Mark. Was planning on swapping the line only, (newly flared) but reusing the B nut. I have a metric flaring kit, so it sounds simple enough…? I think it’s just a 6mm OD that is crucial… Or am I missing something? Either way, THANK YOU for your input, Guys!!!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705
From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of Mark Bitterlich <markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2021 3:58 PM

You're da shit dude.

Mark

Quote:
Rico. I'm quite surprised no one has made this clear. AN fitting threads will not go on Russian threaded fittings. You can make a kind of lashup using standard Teflon core stainless steel flex hose, if you can assemble it with the Russian fitting on top of the flare end, but I am not aware of anyone selling that pre-assembled. And.... it is kind of a huge deal to convert the whole airplane over to "AN" standard.

What would be way cool is if someone made cross series adapters. Seems to me I remember someone selling such an animal years ago for the engine fittings. I think it was the Pitts Model 12. You might look into that.

Good Luck!

MGB

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

Hey, All!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

THAT is what I needed to here! Thank you, Dennis!!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705
From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of Anthony Savarese <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2021 4:46 PM

The only AN part that applies here is an AN 4 sleeve that fits over the American 1/4” 5052  tubing and inside of the metric B nut.  ie: slide the metric B nut over the tubing, then the AN4 sleeve. Then flare the tubing. 

5052 aluminum is soft enough to “form” over the metric male flare even if the 5052 tubing is flared with the standard AN flaring tool. 

Dennis

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jun 27, 2021, at 5:00 PM, Mark Bitterlich <markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com> wrote:

You're da shit dude. 

Mark

Quote:

Good Luck!

MGB

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

Hey, All!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

HEAR…good grief. 

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705
From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of Rico Jaeger <rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2021 4:54 PM
To: Anthony Savarese <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net>; yak-list(at)matronics.com <yak-list(at)matronics.com>

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705
From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of Anthony Savarese <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net>

The only AN part that applies here is an AN 4 sleeve that fits over the American 1/4” 5052  tubing and inside of the metric B nut.  ie: slide the metric B nut over the tubing, then the AN4 sleeve. Then flare the tubing. 

Dennis

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

You're da shit dude. 

Mark

Quote:

Good Luck!

MGB

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

Hey, All!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

69gcbc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

<<Metric to AN adapters>>Mark, you can thank Dr. Curtiss "Tater" Stinis for that link.

-Todd
On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 3:05 PM Rico Jaeger <rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com (rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
HEAR…good grief. 

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705
From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of Rico Jaeger <rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com (rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com)>
To: Anthony Savarese <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net (dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net)>; yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com) <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705
From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of Anthony Savarese <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net (dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net)>

Dennis

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jun 27, 2021, at 5:00 PM, Mark Bitterlich <markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com (markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com)> wrote:

You're da shit dude. 

Mark

From: Todd Bohlman <tbohlman(at)gmail.com (tbohlman(at)gmail.com)>

Quote:

Good Luck!

MGB

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

Hey, All!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

pennington.construction.i

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

Dennis is right as usual.  I have had this conversation with him and Doug many times.  The only thing I would add is I have found that sometimes you have to drill the B nut out to slide over the new tubing.  Also, make sure you use a 37 degree flaring tool.  The flaring tool in your tool  box for American brake lines is a 34 degree flare.

You can get the 1/4" 37 degree sleeves at Aircraft spruce.  
Clean up your metric B nuts and possibly drill them out.  Some of my B nuts go right over the new tubing and others don't.
Mark Pennington
N621CJ
On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 6:05 PM Rico Jaeger <rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com (rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
HEAR…good grief. 

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705
From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of Rico Jaeger <rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com (rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com)>
To: Anthony Savarese <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net (dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net)>; yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com) <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705
From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of Anthony Savarese <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net (dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net)>

Dennis

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jun 27, 2021, at 5:00 PM, Mark Bitterlich <markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com (markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com)> wrote:

You're da shit dude. 

Mark

From: Todd Bohlman <tbohlman(at)gmail.com (tbohlman(at)gmail.com)>

Quote:

Good Luck!

MGB

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

Hey, All!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

Rico,If you do use 6mm tubing, reuse the metric sleeve from the section of tubing you’re replacing.
Dennis

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jun 27, 2021, at 5:53 PM, Rico Jaeger <rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com> wrote:

I get that, Mark. Was planning on swapping the line only, (newly flared) but reusing the B nut. I have a metric flaring kit, so it sounds simple enough…? I think it’s just a 6mm OD that is crucial… Or am I missing something? Either way, THANK YOU for your input, Guys!!!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705
From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of Mark Bitterlich <markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com>

You're da shit dude.

Mark

Quote:

Good Luck!

MGB

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

Hey, All!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

Once again, Walt inevitably fills in the blanks. Both Walt and Mark mentioned increasing the ID of the metric B nut, which I failed to mention in my posts. Thank you Walt and Mark for putting the finishing touch on my post. Dennis

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jun 27, 2021, at 8:24 PM, W LANNON <wlannon(at)shaw.ca> wrote:

Hi Dennis; I made note of this process in my previous to Rico.  What I have found over the years in the conversion of 6 mm tube to 1/4" is the fitting of the metric "B" nut over the AN4 Sleeve. It is necessary to increase the shoulder dia. of the "B" nut a relatively small amount but enough to give some consideration to the remaining axial bearing area of the nut shoulder which must carry the full pressure load.

This area should be carefully examined for any existing discrepancies before putting into service.

From: "Anthony Savarese" <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2021 2:46:34 PM

The only AN part that applies here is an AN 4 sleeve that fits over the American 1/4” 5052 tubing and inside of the metric B nut. ie: slide the metric B nut over the tubing, then the AN4 sleeve. Then flare the tubing. 

Dennis

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

You're da shit dude.
Mark

Quote:

What would be way cool is if someone made cross series adapters.  Seems to me I remember someone selling such an animal years ago for the engine fittings. I think it was the Pitts Model 12. You might look into that.
Good Luck!
MGB

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

Hey, All!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject: Pneumatic Rigid Line Replacement Reply with quote

You've got it right Rico! 

Date: 6/27/21 5:51 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Mark Bitterlich <markbitterlich(at)embarqmail.com>, yak-list(at)matronics.com

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

You're da shit dude. 

Mark

Quote:

Good Luck!

MGB

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

Hey, All!

Rico Jaeger
915 S 11th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
715. 529.7426
//
Hangar 21 / AUW. //
//
Ryan PT-22. ^/---//-X
Hangar 35 / AUW. //

EAA #345804
Warbird #13705

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: