Yak-List Digest: 12 Msgs - 06/21/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
bkennamore(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:10 am    Post subject: Yak-List Digest: 12 Msgs - 06/21/21 Reply with quote

DOUG, all the best to you and Kathleen, do you guys have been so supportive through the years. Stay in touch you are deeply cared for in our community! Bj

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On Jun 22, 2021, at 1:51 AM, Yak-List Digest Server <yak-list(at)matronics.com> wrote:

*

Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive

Today's complete Yak-List Digest can also be found in either of the
two Web Links listed below. The .html file includes the Digest formatted
in HTML for viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes
and Message Navigation. The .txt file includes the plain ASCII version
of the Yak-List Digest and can be viewed with a generic text editor
such as Notepad or with a web browser.

HTML Version:

http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=html&Chapter 21-06-21&Archive=Yak

Text Version:

http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=txt&Chapter 21-06-21&Archive=Yak

EMail Version of Today's List Digest Archive

Yak-List Digest Archive
---
Total Messages Posted Mon 06/21/21: 12

Today's Message Index:
----------------------

1. 12:26 AM - Re: Oil temp still too high (Richard Goode)
2. 04:46 AM - Re: Yak 52 Flow Restrictors (RedX)
3. 05:34 AM - Re: Re: Yak 52 Flow Restrictors (A. Dennis Savarese)
4. 12:07 PM - CJ parts (doug sapp)
5. 12:28 PM - Re: CJ parts (Donald Andrews)
6. 12:34 PM - Re: CJ parts (RICHARD HESS)
7. 12:41 PM - Re: CJ parts (Stephen van Dijck)
8. 01:33 PM - Re: CJ parts (John Warwick)
9. 01:50 PM - Re: CJ parts (A. Dennis Savarese)
10. 03:14 PM - Re: CJ parts (Doug Zeissner)
11. 04:11 PM - Re: CJ parts (Mark Pennington)
12. 07:20 PM - Re: CJ parts (W LANNON)

________________________________ Message 1 _____________________________________

Time: 12:26:50 AM PST US
From: "Richard Goode" <richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com>
Subject: RE: Oil temp still too high

As I think it is clear, we =93 that is Aerometal, my partner in
Hungary =93 overhauled Jon=99s engine. As I think people
know, we have a proper dynamometer, and every engine on which we work
undergoes a formal test programme in which it is run for a minimum of
three hours and every parameter recorded, and provided to the customer.
Certainly, everything was absolutely normal in terms of oil temperature
and pressure. As I believe Jon will confirm, we have been doing
everything we can to help him =93 since he clearly has a problem,
and my view is that those temperatures are definitely too high. But of
course we are inevitably in the dark since we have no idea of what
modifications were done to the Nanchang oil system to accommodate the M
14 engine. It would seem from what Jon has told us, everything is as it
should be, but of course there is always potential if one is deviating
from original, of something being strange.

In particular I was concerned about the oil cooler =93 I'd
emphasise that we know very little about the Chinese oil cooler, but I
do know that in the Russian cooler, which originally were fitted with a
thermostatic valve, but this was very prone to sticking, and has been
removed from virtually all aircraft. I understand that the Chinese oil
cooler has a bypass valve operating on pressure, not temperature. But
given that Jon has an engine delivering a lot more power than 285 hp,
and so that much more heat, I suggested that he should remove all bypass
aspects of the cooler, ensuring that all oil would have to go through
the cooler.

But we are obviously in touch with him and will do what we can to sort
out the issues.

Richard Goode

RICHARD GOODE AEROBATICS
Rhodds Farm, Lyonshall, Hereford, HR5 3LW, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1544 340120 Fax: +44 (0)1544 340129
e-mail: richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com
<mailto:richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com>
<http://www.russianaeros.com> www.russianaeros.com
WORLD LEADERS IN RUSSIAN SPORTING AIRCRAFT & ENGINES
In partnership with Aerometal Kft, Hungary.

From: "RedX" <RedXYak(at)gmail.com>

All,

We installed the flow restrictors on all inputs to the gear actuators.

What a difference in the gear cycle time and no banging to the stops.

Best $30 you can spend on your Yak/CJ

--------
Red X Yak

________________________________ Message 3 _____________________________________

Time: 05:34:48 AM PST US
Subject: Re: Re: Yak 52 Flow Restrictors
From: "A. Dennis Savarese" <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net>

Hopefully you only put them on the main side and not the emergency side.
Dennis

A. Dennis Savarese
334-546-8182
www.yak-52.com

> On 6/21/2021 7:46 AM, RedX wrote:
>
> All,
>
> We installed the flow restrictors on all inputs to the gear actuators.
>
> What a difference in the gear cycle time and no banging to the stops.
>
> Best $30 you can spend on your Yak/CJ
>
> --------
> Red X Yak
>

> Read this topic online here:

________________________________ Message 4 _____________________________________

Time: 12:07:55 PM PST US
From: doug sapp <dougsappllc(at)gmail.com>
Subject: CJ parts

ALL,
As many of you know, for the last 2 years I have been fighting Multiple
Myeloma, which is a blood cancer, treatable but not curable. Your support
and prayers in the past years have been greatly appreciated. The cancer
seems to be holding its own so it looks to be a long road ahead. Because
of this, after over 30 years of supporting Yaks and CJ's Kathleen and I
have decided it's time to call it quits and spend what time is left to us
enjoying each other and fishing with the grandkids. *Please note that our
last shipping day will be July 1st.*

If perhaps you know of someone who is interested in owning the only
stocking CJ6 parts supplier in the US, please send them our way.

Best to you all
Doug and Kathleen

________________________________ Message 5 _____________________________________

Time: 12:28:50 PM PST US
From: Donald Andrews <dandmaz(at)cox.net>
Subject: Re: CJ parts

Stay with it Doug. I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin=99s lymphoma cance
r nine years ago I was given three years to live chemotherapy and radiatio
n and I am still standing and still flying you will too Don and Marilyn Andr
ews

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 21, 2021, at 12:11 PM, doug sapp <dougsappllc(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> =EF=BB
> ALL,
> As many of you know, for the last 2 years I have been fighting Multiple My
eloma, which is a blood cancer, treatable but not curable. Your support and
prayers in the past years have been greatly appreciated. The cancer seems t
o be holding its own so it looks to be a long road ahead. Because of this, a
fter over 30 years of supporting Yaks and CJ's Kathleen and I have decided i
t's time to call it quits and spend what time is left to us enjoying each ot
her and fishing with the grandkids. Please note that our last shipping day w
ill be July 1st.

> If perhaps you know of someone who is interested in owning the only stocki
ng CJ6 parts supplier in the US, please send them our way.

> Best to you all
> Doug and Kathleen

________________________________ Message 6 _____________________________________

Time: 12:34:18 PM PST US
From: RICHARD HESS <hess737(at)aol.com>

Doug
While we will miss you it is a well deserved break. Good luck to you and God
bless

Richard Hess
C 404-964-4885

> On Jun 21, 2021, at 3:08 PM, doug sapp <dougsappllc(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> =EF=BB
> ALL,
> As many of you know, for the last 2 years I have been fighting Multiple My
eloma, which is a blood cancer, treatable but not curable. Your support and
prayers in the past years have been greatly appreciated. The cancer seems t
o be holding its own so it looks to be a long road ahead. Because of this, a
fter over 30 years of supporting Yaks and CJ's Kathleen and I have decided i
t's time to call it quits and spend what time is left to us enjoying each ot
her and fishing with the grandkids. Please note that our last shipping day w
ill be July 1st.

> If perhaps you know of someone who is interested in owning the only stocki
ng CJ6 parts supplier in the US, please send them our way.

> Best to you all
> Doug and Kathleen
==========================
==========================
==========================
==========================
==========================
==========================
==========================
============

________________________________ Message 7 _____________________________________

Time: 12:41:01 PM PST US
From: Stephen van Dijck <s.dijck(at)planet.nl>

Hi Doug,

I didn=99t know this.
I wish you lot=99s of time and enjoyment with your wife and
grandchildren.

Is your website the Yak collection?
I=99d like to have a look at your stock and possibly make some
purchases for my Yak-52.

regards
Stephen

> On 21 Jun 2021, at 21:07, doug sapp <dougsappllc(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ALL,
> As many of you know, for the last 2 years I have been fighting
Multiple Myeloma, which is a blood cancer, treatable but not curable.
Your support and prayers in the past years have been greatly
appreciated. The cancer seems to be holding its own so it looks to be a
long road ahead. Because of this, after over 30 years of supporting
Yaks and CJ's Kathleen and I have decided it's time to call it quits and
spend what time is left to us enjoying each other and fishing with the
grandkids. Please note that our last shipping day will be July 1st.

> If perhaps you know of someone who is interested in owning the only
stocking CJ6 parts supplier in the US, please send them our way.

> Best to you all
> Doug and Kathleen

________________________________ Message 8 _____________________________________

Time: 01:33:41 PM PST US
From: John Warwick <john.warwick1(at)gmail.com>

The unkindest cut of all..=F0=9F=A4=A3=F0=9F=98=8E

No Stephen, Doug is CJ6.com

https://cj6.com

We are but a speck in his shadow!!

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 12:44 PM Stephen van Dijck <s.dijck(at)planet.nl>
wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> I didn=99t know this.
> I wish you lot=99s of time and enjoyment with your wife and grandch
ildren.

> Is your website the Yak collection?
> I=99d like to have a look at your stock and possibly make some purc
hases for
> my Yak-52.
>
> regards
> Stephen
>
> On 21 Jun 2021, at 21:07, doug sapp <dougsappllc(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ALL,
> As many of you know, for the last 2 years I have been fighting Multiple
> Myeloma, which is a blood cancer, treatable but not curable. Your suppor
> and prayers in the past years have been greatly appreciated. The cancer
> seems to be holding its own so it looks to be a long road ahead. Because
> of this, after over 30 years of supporting Yaks and CJ's Kathleen and I
> have decided it's time to call it quits and spend what time is left to us
> enjoying each other and fishing with the grandkids. *Please note that
> our last shipping day will be July 1st.*
>
> If perhaps you know of someone who is interested in owning the only
> stocking CJ6 parts supplier in the US, please send them our way.
>
> Best to you all
> Doug and Kathleen
>

> --
www.theyakcollection.com

619 933-2571

________________________________ Message 9 _____________________________________

Time: 01:50:57 PM PST US
From: "A. Dennis Savarese" <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net>

Doug and Kathleen,
It is with a very heavy heart when I say I will deeply miss working with
you. You and Kathleen have been the greatest friends the CJ and Yak
community could have ever asked for. I wish you both the very best for
the future and hope when you have time, you will stay in touch.
Your friend,
Dennis

A. Dennis Savarese
334-546-8182
www.yak-52.com

> On 6/21/2021 3:07 PM, doug sapp wrote:
> ALL,
> As many of you know, for the last 2 years I have been fighting
> Multiple Myeloma, which is a blood cancer, treatablebut not curable.
> Your support and prayers in the past years have been greatly
> appreciated. The cancer seems to be holdingits own so it looks to be
> a long road ahead. Because of this, after over 30 years of supporting
> Yaks and CJ's Kathleen and I have decided it's time to call it quits
> and spend what time is left to us enjoyingeach other and fishing with
> the grandkids. *_Please note that our last shipping day will be July
> 1st._*
>
> If perhaps you know of someone who is interested in owning the only
> stocking CJ6 parts supplier in the US, please send them our way.
>
> Best to you all
> Doug and Kathleen

________________________________ Message 10 ____________________________________

Time: 03:14:32 PM PST US
From: Doug Zeissner <pilotdog57(at)aol.com>

Thank you Doug and Kathleen for your years of support. You will be greatly m
issed! I think I have been buying parts from you since 1998 and have always f
elt fortunate to have you there for us.
Thank you!

Doug Zeissner

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 21, 2021, at 3:08 PM, doug sapp <dougsappllc(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> =EF=BB
> ALL,
> As many of you know, for the last 2 years I have been fighting Multiple My
eloma, which is a blood cancer, treatable but not curable. Your support and
prayers in the past years have been greatly appreciated. The cancer seems t
o be holding its own so it looks to be a long road ahead. Because of this, a
fter over 30 years of supporting Yaks and CJ's Kathleen and I have decided i
t's time to call it quits and spend what time is left to us enjoying each ot
her and fishing with the grandkids. Please note that our last shipping day w
ill be July 1st.

> If perhaps you know of someone who is interested in owning the only stocki
ng CJ6 parts supplier in the US, please send them our way.

> Best to you all
> Doug and Kathleen

________________________________ Message 11 ____________________________________

Time: 04:11:05 PM PST US
From: Mark Pennington <pennington.construction.inc.1(at)gmail.com>

Doug and Kathleen

Thank you so very much for all of the support with parts and education on
the CJ 6. Knowing you two has made transitioning into this aircraft as
easy as possible. When I was talking to Dennis about CJs and Yaks for a
year or so before I bought a CJ, I asked about spare parts. Dennis
immediately said dont worry about that, you will get to know Doug
Sapp.....And so it began.

Thank you again
Mark Pennington

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

> On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 3:13 PM doug sapp <dougsappllc(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ALL,
> As many of you know, for the last 2 years I have been fighting Multiple
> Myeloma, which is a blood cancer, treatable but not curable. Your support
> and prayers in the past years have been greatly appreciated. The cancer
> seems to be holding its own so it looks to be a long road ahead. Because
> of this, after over 30 years of supporting Yaks and CJ's Kathleen and I
> have decided it's time to call it quits and spend what time is left to us
> enjoying each other and fishing with the grandkids. *Please note that
> our last shipping day will be July 1st.*
>
> If perhaps you know of someone who is interested in owning the only
> stocking CJ6 parts supplier in the US, please send them our way.
>
> Best to you all
> Doug and Kathleen

________________________________ Message 12 ____________________________________

Time: 07:20:24 PM PST US
From: W LANNON <wlannon(at)shaw.ca>

My best wishes to you and Kathleen. It has been an honor and a pleasure to count
you both as good friends over the last almost 30 years.

All the best;
Walt

As many of you know, for the last 2 years I have been fighting Multiple Myeloma,
which is a blood cancer, treatable but not curable. Your support and prayers
in the past years have been greatly appreciated. The cancer seems to be holding
its own so it looks to be a long road ahead. Because of this, after over 30
years of supporting Yaks and CJ's Kathleen and I have decided it's time to call
it quits and spend what time is left to us enjoying each other and fishing
with the grandkids. Please note that our last shipping day will be July 1st.

If perhaps you know of someone who is interested in owning the only stocking CJ6
parts supplier in the US, please send them our way.

Best to you all
Doug and Kathleen

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours