Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bing 54 carb floats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Reilly

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: Bing 54 carb floats Reply with quote

582 drivers, There is a source for Bing 54 carb floats at Bing Agency International for $115 a pair. These are Bing OEM parts, and this is $35 less expensive than LEAF or ACS...... if they ever get their supply. The Bing 54 is used on some BMW motorcycles.I ordered by phone and received the order with a receipt from Pro Carb Shop, same address as Bing Agency International, Council Grove, KS. Phone # 620-767-7844. 
Upon  ordering I was asked what engine they were for. I replied, Rotax. I was told aircraft parts weren't listed on the website. I replied, "I'll take two floats". They are listed separately as alcohol resistant individual floats. The sales rep took the order and, said, "I'll get them out today". 
A friend referred me to Bing International Agency site. He inquired via email about the floats and was told they are not for aircraft and that the motorcycle floats are made from a different material than the motorcycle carb floats. He did not receive a reply when questioning what the difference was if they were both alcohol resistant.
The receipt has a disclaimer. It states, 'The parts are genuine Bing parts. Flying experimental aircraft and ultralight aircraft can result in injury or death."
The new floats weighed 3.2 grams.
--
Pat Reilly
Mod 3 582 Rebuilt
W10 0290 Rebuilt 
Acro Sport 2 o360 Fihishing 
Rockford, IL

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
michaelgibbs(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject: Bing 54 carb floats Reply with quote

Nothing like receiving conflicting information, right?

I am not at all surprised they would claim the aircraft floats are special (and more expensive), but I would be surprised if they are actually manufactured differently. One is on the ground and the other a bit higher, but the fuel is the same, the carburetors are the same, the operation is the same. I guess you could argue that in the air the engine is run at higher power settings for longer periods of time but what difference does that make to the float?

Mike G.
Kitfox Series 7, 912ULS
Phoenix, AZ

Quote:
On May 3, 2021, at 7:16 AM, Patrick Reilly <patreilly43(at)gmail.com> wrote:

582 drivers, There is a source for Bing 54 carb floats at Bing Agency International for $115 a pair. These are Bing OEM parts, and this is $35 less expensive than LEAF or ACS...... if they ever get their supply. The Bing 54 is used on some BMW motorcycles.
I ordered by phone and received the order with a receipt from Pro Carb Shop, same address as Bing Agency International, Council Grove, KS. Phone # 620-767-7844.
Upon ordering I was asked what engine they were for. I replied, Rotax. I was told aircraft parts weren't listed on the website. I replied, "I'll take two floats". They are listed separately as alcohol resistant individual floats. The sales rep took the order and, said, "I'll get them out today".
A friend referred me to Bing International Agency site. He inquired via email about the floats and was told they are not for aircraft and that the motorcycle floats are made from a different material than the motorcycle carb floats. He did not receive a reply when questioning what the difference was if they were both alcohol resistant.
The receipt has a disclaimer. It states, 'The parts are genuine Bing parts. Flying experimental aircraft and ultralight aircraft can result in injury or death."
The new floats weighed 3.2 grams.

--
Pat Reilly
Mod 3 582 Rebuilt
W10 0290 Rebuilt
Acro Sport 2 o360 Fihishing
Rockford, IL

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: