Rumor has it..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
jlpartington(at)reagan.co
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject: Rumor has it.. Reply with quote

That some one in our group has found parts and is preparing to overhaul stock CJ motor!

True?

Pooh

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
richard.goode(at)russiana
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject: Rumor has it.. Reply with quote

There is no secret or "rumours" – Aerometal, my partner in Hungary is overhauling HS-6 engines and are well underway with our first, and will clearly be doing any more.

An important point is that the engine is almost identical to the AI 14 engine that we have been overhauling for over 45 years. We have done an extensive survey of both engines to identify every minute difference. Most are insignificant with the exception of different gear ratios for the supercharger. For those who might be interested I am happy to send our chart of these differences – but please contact us directly by email.

In addition, we will be using our experience of obtaining more power from the M 14 engine and we are aiming to produce engines of 330 hp – percentage-wise not a huge difference, but we would hope enough to give a good reason to people not to go to the considerable extra expense of converting their Nanchang to M 14 power. This will be done through a combination of very close supercharger assembly; smoother induction passages; higher compression pistons; our automotive plug conversion kit and our very improved AYC coils.

Richard

RICHARD GOODE AEROBATICS
Rhodds Farm, Lyonshall, Hereford, HR5 3LW, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1544 340120 Fax: +44 (0)1544 340129
e-mail: richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com (richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com)
www.russianaeros.com
WORLD LEADERS IN RUSSIAN SPORTING AIRCRAFT & ENGINES
In partnership with Aerometal Kft, Hungary.

That some one in our group has found parts and is preparing to overhaul stock CJ motor!

True?

Pooh

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
Top Ace

Joined: 07 Jun 2016
Location: Montreal, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Rumor has it.. Reply with quote

Does this rumor have a happy ending,, That they can or will overhaul Housai engines, knowing the Chinese are not anymore.

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
dsavarese0812(at)bellsout
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:12 am    Post subject: Rumor has it.. Reply with quote

There's no rumor to the point that Richard Goode's engine shop in Hungary are in the process of or have already completed overhauling a Housai engine. One thing you can count on is the overhauled Housai engine from Richard Goode's shop will be superior to any Housai overhaul from anywhere else in the world. AND most importantly, Richard believes in one of my infamous cliche's, "The selling starts after you get the order". IOW, he stands behind everything he sells - 100%.
Dennis

--> Yak-List message posted by: "Top Ace" <topacedave(at)gmail.com (topacedave(at)gmail.com)>

http://www.ma=================

http://forums.matronics.com

http://www.matronics.com/contributi======================

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
richard.goode(at)russiana
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject: Rumor has it.. Reply with quote

As I have written before, we can overhaul the Housai engine, largely because of it being almost identical to the AI 14 which we have been overhauling for 45 years. We are well underway with our first Housai overhaul for a Norwegian customer.

Please contact us directly for more information.

--

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
Top Ace

Joined: 07 Jun 2016
Location: Montreal, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Rumor has it.. Reply with quote

Richard, sending you an email, very interesting someone is going to overhaul them.
David

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
jay-dub

Joined: 31 May 2014
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Rumor has it.. Reply with quote

Richard got in touch with me fairly early on as we operate the HS-6A. We are currently in no need of an overhaul so haven’t pursued it for now, although we will probably do so in the fullness of time.

That said, we have just fitted the western spark plugs which take us to 300hp or thereabouts. Another 30hp would potentially be the icing on the cake without having to go through the nausea of fitting the M14P in a country where “Experimental” doesn’t exist. In fairness, there is one M14 powered CJ flying in the U.K. with another in the works so it can be done at last but Richard’s work is likely to streamline the process a bit.

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

CJ owner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours