Ignitech Modules

rogersheridan(at)mac.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Ignitech Modules Reply with quote

Dear All,
I intend to replace my ignition modules with these from Ignitech

https://www.lightflight.co.uk/contact

If any LAA members have been through that specific mod application please would they make contact by direct email.

Many thanks,

Roger

Griffo

Joined: 18 Mar 2021
Location: The Oaks, NSW, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ignitech Modules Reply with quote

Hi Roger,

I would be interested to know what you think may be the benefits in replacing the factory Rotax Ducati modules, with the after market Ignitech modules.

46
aspenbuild(at)me.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Ignitech Modules Reply with quote

A contribution to this thread. I had my Ducati modules ‘repaired’ by the firm in Holland for €500, whereas the Ignitech are €350 for the pair supplied with 750mm leads so they can be mounted on the firewall away from vibration.

Richard.

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On 11 Apr 2021, at 04:24, Griffo <scangriffin(at)bigpond.com.au> wrote:

Hi Roger,

I would be interested to know what you think may be the benefits in replacing the factory Rotax Ducati modules, with the after market Ignitech modules.

--------
46

Griffo

Joined: 18 Mar 2021
Location: The Oaks, NSW, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Ignitech Modules Reply with quote

Richard:
Thanks for that - I did Google them, so was able to get most of what you have told me - what I am really interested in, is how they perform compared to the original Ducati module's.

Price is but one factor - more import is reliability and efficiency.

46
andy_ringrose(at)onetel.c
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:56 am    Post subject: Ignitech Modules Reply with quote

Fitted these to cure cold weather non starting issues on a 912ULS (2005) 500
hours in service. Rotax CDI replacements at the time were being quoted at
circa 1000 GBP each with an 8 week lead time.

Performance is identical to the Ducati modules but includes the sub 1000rpm
retarded ignition feature which I believe is standard on the later version
Rotax CDI's.

Andy

Griffo

Joined: 18 Mar 2021
Location: The Oaks, NSW, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Ignitech Modules Reply with quote

Wow!

As I understand it you are saying that the Ignitech modules are the equivalent of the Rotax (Ducati) "Soft Start" modules at a fraction of the price.

I would be interested:

To hear from as many people as possible, who have actual flight experience with these modules (bit of a product survey/review).
Some idea of how long (flight hours) they have been using the Ignitech modules
Have they also fitted the Rotax "Soft Start" flywheel?[/list]

46
SteveIvell(at)pestproof.c
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:21 am    Post subject: Ignitech Modules Reply with quote

Andy Buchan is the agent in the UK.

https://www.lightflight.co.uk/contact

The modules are a fraction of the cost of the Ducati modules so you could buy 3 and keep a spare.

There is a minor Mod for them with both BMAA and LAA and there are loads flying in the UK.

Kind Regards

Steve Ivell

GSTES....nearly finished!! 😁
07971 128842