Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rivets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capedavis(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: Rivets Reply with quote

Do any of you kolbers know what kind of rivets to order to get the same rivet that comes with the Kolb kit . I thought they were steel shaft but I put a strong magnet in a pile and nothing moves? Thank youChris Davis

Sent from my iPhone

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
jhauck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject: Rivets Reply with quote

Chris,

They are SS (stainless steel).

Way back in the beginning, carbon steel pop rivets were sent with the kits. That's when the lift strut fitting on the Ultrastar was pop riveted to the lift strut tubing. I didn't like that and the thought of rusty rivets holding my wings on. I purchased SS rivets and urged Homer to start supplying SS. Eventually they did.

Nothing like a little history.

john h
Titus, Alabama

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

williamtsullivan(at)att.n

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject: Rivets Reply with quote

Very odd- I never got Chris Davis' original message, but I did get John's answer. Is there a reason behind this, or just not enough postage on his email?

Bill Sullivan
P.S.- Hi, John! Long time no hear.

do not archive.

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 03:15:48 PM EST, John Hauck <jhauck36(at)outlook.com> wrote:

--> Kolb-List message posted by: John Hauck <jhauck36(at)outlook.com (jhauck36(at)outlook.com)>

Chris,

Way back in the beginning, carbon steel pop rivets were sent with the kits. That's when the lift strut fitting on the Ultrastar was pop riveted to the lift strut tubing.  I didn't like that and the thought of rusty rivets holding my wings on.  I purchased SS rivets and urged Homer to start supplying SS. Eventually they did.

john h

Titus, Alabama

--

jhauck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject: Rivets Reply with quote

Guess he didn’t pay postage.  A lot of my Kolb List mail goes to my junk folder even though I keep telling it not to.  Such is life in the cyber world.

I still read the mail, Bill S.

john h
Titus, Alabama

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of william sullivan
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 2:35 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Kolb-List: Rivets

Very odd- I never got Chris Davis' original message, but I did get John's answer. Is there a reason behind this, or just not enough postage on his email?

Bill Sullivan

do not archive.

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 03:15:48 PM EST, John Hauck <jhauck36(at)outlook.com (jhauck36(at)outlook.com)> wrote:

--> Kolb-List message posted by: John Hauck <jhauck36(at)outlook.com (jhauck36(at)outlook.com)>

Chris,

Way back in the beginning, carbon steel pop rivets were sent with the kits.  That's when the lift strut fitting on the Ultrastar was pop riveted to the lift strut tubing.  I didn't like that and the thought of rusty rivets holding my wings on.  I purchased SS rivets and urged Homer to start supplying SS.  Eventually they did.

john h

Titus, Alabama

--

George Alexander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Rivets Reply with quote

williamtsullivan(at)att.n wrote:

Bill Sullivan

. . . S .N .I .P . . .

--

May have something to do with the way Chris sent the message or membership status? Look at the line in his message that says ".....on behalf of Chris Davis".

Bill Sullivan, yours comes with same tag...."...on behalf of ....."

Matt Dralle probably knows the real answer.

http://www.oh2fly.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
williamtsullivan(at)att.n

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Rivets Reply with quote

I went through my un-reads, my spam folder, and my trash. Might show up next month. Along with my $600 COVID check that hasn't shown up.

do not archive

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 04:11:22 PM EST, John Hauck <jhauck36(at)outlook.com> wrote:

#yiv7400064117 #yiv7400064117 -- _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {}#yiv7400064117 #yiv7400064117 p.yiv7400064117MsoNormal, #yiv7400064117 li.yiv7400064117MsoNormal, #yiv7400064117 div.yiv7400064117MsoNormal {margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:New;}#yiv7400064117 a:link, #yiv7400064117 span.yiv7400064117MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv7400064117 a:visited, #yiv7400064117 span.yiv7400064117MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv7400064117 span.yiv7400064117EmailStyle17 {color:#1F497D;}#yiv7400064117 .yiv7400064117MsoChpDefault {} _filtered {}#yiv7400064117 div.yiv7400064117WordSection1 {}#yiv7400064117
Guess he didn’t pay postage. A lot of my Kolb List mail goes to my junk folder even though I keep telling it not to. Such is life in the cyber world.

I still read the mail, Bill S.

john h
Titus, Alabama

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com]On Behalf Of william sullivanSent: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 2:35 PMTo: kolb-list(at)matronics.comSubject: Re: Rivets

Very odd- I never got Chris Davis' original message, but I did get John's answer. Is there a reason behind this, or just not enough postage on his email?Bill SullivanP.S.- Hi, John! Long time no hear.do not archive.

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 03:15:48 PM EST, John Hauck <jhauck36(at)outlook.com (jhauck36(at)outlook.com)> wrote:

Chris,

Way back in the beginning, carbon steel pop rivets were sent with the kits. That's when the lift strut fitting on the Ultrastar was pop riveted to the lift strut tubing.  I didn't like that and the thought of rusty rivets holding my wings on.  I purchased SS rivets and urged Homer to start supplying SS. Eventually they did.

john h

Titus, Alabama

--

capedavis(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject: Rivets Reply with quote

Thank you John I really appreciate your quick comeback hope al is well with you and your non flying Stay well my friend Chris

Sent from my iPhone

[quote] On Feb 24, 2021, at 3:21 PM, John Hauck <jhauck36(at)outlook.com> wrote:

Chris,

Way back in the beginning, carbon steel pop rivets were sent with the kits. That's when the lift strut fitting on the Ultrastar was pop riveted to the lift strut tubing. I didn't like that and the thought of rusty rivets holding my wings on. I purchased SS rivets and urged Homer to start supplying SS. Eventually they did.

john h
Titus, Alabama

--

Jerry-TS-MkII

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: Rivets Reply with quote

I only use my email to receive and send Kolb list messages..I never log on
anymore. And my spam filter grabs ever different reply name, until I
accept them as non spam, and then they are found in my inbox from then on.

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 20:34:57 +0000 (UTC), william sullivan
<williamtsullivan(at)att.net> wrote:
Quote:
Very odd- I never got Chris Davis original message, but I did get Johns
answer. Is there a reason behind this, or just not enough postage on his
email?

Bill Sullivan

do not archive.

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 03:15:48 PM EST, John Hauck
wrote:

Quote:

Chris,

Way back in the beginning, carbon steel pop rivets were sent with the
kits. That's when the lift strut fitting on the Ultrastar was pop
riveted

[quote] to the lift strut tubing. I didn't like that and the thought of rusty
rivets holding my wings on. I purchased SS rivets and urged Homer to
start supplying SS. Eventually they did.

john h
Titus, Alabama

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: