Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Europa W20 Bracket spec

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barp99(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Europa W20 Bracket spec Reply with quote

Mike, you were absolutely right! Well spotted. I must have got the W19 & 20 brackets mixed up during alodyning, and have two W19 brackets on the other wing and two on this one.
I feel like such a goose. Hopefully I can swap it over without any further issues. Sure am glad for all the folk that offered help on this list, invaluable.

Cheers,
Brian.

On 4/10/2020 3:57 am, m.j.gregory(at)talk21.com (m.j.gregory(at)talk21.com) wrote:

Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Brian,

From your photograph, it looks as though your ‘short’ bracket is at the root end of the flap, where the W19 bracket should be fitted.  The W20 bracket should go in the centre of the flap with a W21 pair at the outboard end.

Is it possible that you have selected both W20 brackets for this wing and have both W19 brackets for the other wing, instead of a W19 and a W20 per wing?  This would explain why things do not align.

Best regards,

Mike
Dr Mike Gregory
+44 1480 451655
+44 7885 355765

Brian Phillips <barp99(at)gmail.com> (barp99(at)gmail.com)
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com (europa-list(at)matronics.com);
02/10/20 00:56

61.4 KB
DSCN8674.jpg
Save all as ZIP

I am currently attaching the port flap to the wing on my trigear, I find, for whatever reason, that the W20 bracket is too short by 12mm when the flap is in its correct position. Rather than live with this mismatch at the bolted joint, I will make up a new longer W20 bracket. Does anyone know what grade and temper these aluminium brackets are made from?

Brian
Sydney, Aus.

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: