Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 06/02/20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
tc1917(at)bellsouth.net
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 06/02/20 Reply with quote

Looking tor an open light trailer (boat trailer remake) or such in lower southern states area. Good tires, fenders reasonable. Ted cowan. Opelika alabama this email

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jun 3, 2020, at 1:41 AM, Kolb-List Digest Server <kolb-list(at)matronics.com> wrote:

*

Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive

Today's complete Kolb-List Digest can also be found in either of the
two Web Links listed below. The .html file includes the Digest formatted
in HTML for viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes
and Message Navigation. The .txt file includes the plain ASCII version
of the Kolb-List Digest and can be viewed with a generic text editor
such as Notepad or with a web browser.

HTML Version:

http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=html&Chapter 20-06-02&Archive=Kolb

Text Version:

http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=txt&Chapter 20-06-02&Archive=Kolb

EMail Version of Today's List Digest Archive

Kolb-List Digest Archive
---
Total Messages Posted Tue 06/02/20: 1

Today's Message Index:
----------------------

1. 02:04 PM - Re: Lithium Battery Update (Rick Neilsen)

________________________________ Message 1 _____________________________________

Time: 02:04:30 PM PST US
From: Rick Neilsen <neilsenrm(at)gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Lithium Battery Update

End of test. As of May 2020 the Aerovoltz Lithium Iron Phosphate battery is
no longer reliable. It still starts the engine but the voltage drops. That
is six years of good service. There are a few things I learned that I did
not do that could have made the battery last longer? First Lithium
batteries like to have the voltage lowered to a storage level when not in
use. Second every spring I checked the battery cell level and it was
always close but I think I should have balance charged the battery cells to
the top balance charge once a year.

So I just ordered a new Aerovoltz Lithium Iron Phosphate battery. The new
batteries are a bit lower priced and now have a built in battery management
system. I also ordered the next larger battery. I had the 270CCA battery at
1.6 lbs with out the battery management system and shortly will have the
much heaver 330CCA battery at 2.6lbs with the battery management system.

Again worth what you paid for it.

Rick Neilsen
Redrive VW Powered MKIIIC

> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Rick Neilsen <neilsenrm(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I purchased a Aerovoltz Lithium Iron Phosphate battery last summer. As I
> discussed last summer the battery is incredibly light. I received comment
> that lithium batteries needed to be recharged often so I left the battery
> in the plane last winter in Michigan. The engine started just fine this
> week with no recharging.
>
> I have ordered a balance charger and plan to balance the cell voltages
> from time to time.
>
> Last summer there was a discussion about Lithium batteries being sold in
> AH equivalent capacities. This is true so if you have concerns about
> battery powered devices continuing to run after the alternator quits you
> may want to order a larger battery no matter what type of battery you
> purchase.
>
> Note! There is a notice on the Areovolts web site warning that Rotax
> voltage regulator model 866 080 should not be used with these batteries.
> They report that these regulators have been known to fail and over charge
..
> Apparently there was no fire but a
> melt down.
>
> Again worth what you paid for it.
>
> Rick Neilsen
> Redrive VW Powered MKIIIC
> =9CWith or without religion, you would have good people doing good
things
> and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things,
> that takes religion.=9D
> - Steven Weinberg
> <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/86758.Steven_Weinberg>

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
russk50(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Kolb-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 06/02/20 Reply with quote

Ted, I have a great Kolb trailer — but its in MAINE!
Good luck with your search
Russ Kinne

Quote:
On Jun 3, 2020, at 7:09 PM, Ted Cowan <tc1917(at)bellsouth.net> wrote:

> [...]

>> AH equivalent capacities. This is true so if you have concerns about
>> battery powered devices continuing to run after the alternator quits you
>> may want to order a larger battery no matter what type of battery you
>> purchase.
>>
>> Note! There is a notice on the Areovolts web site warning that Rotax
>> voltage regulator model 866 080 should not be used with these batteries.
>> They report that these regulators have been known to fail and over charge
> ..
>> Apparently there was no fire but a
>> melt down.
>>
>> Again worth what you paid for it.
>>
>> Rick Neilsen
>> Redrive VW Powered MKIIIC
>> =9CWith or without religion, you would have good people doing good
> things
>> and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours